Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1757

post #26341 of 30978

Should be ok indeed. Just turn it off to be really safe. Don't forget your amps have fuses as well

post #26342 of 30978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Should be ok indeed. Just turn it off to be really safe. Don't forget your amps have fuses as well

everything is "sweet and dandy"

post #26343 of 30978

Good to hear smile.gif

post #26344 of 30978

 

My friend's WA2 mod.

post #26345 of 30978

omg lol

post #26346 of 30978

The only real concern I have is when the power cuts out for a second and then comes back on.  But, even this shouldn't be overly bad.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Should be ok indeed. Just turn it off to be really safe. Don't forget your amps have fuses as well

post #26347 of 30978

If the amp is plugged into a power conditioner or surge protector there should be no issue. Even if not there dis a fuse that protects the amplifier and will just blow usually. I wouldn't worry about it.

post #26348 of 30978
Quote:
Originally Posted by palchiu View Post

 

My friend's WA2 mod.


Someone more knowledgeable about electronics care to explain what's so special/lol about this? tongue.gif

post #26349 of 30978

Exactly.  beerchug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank I View Post

If the amp is plugged into a power conditioner or surge protector there should be no issue. Even if not there dis a fuse that protects the amplifier and will just blow usually. I wouldn't worry about it.

post #26350 of 30978

Looks like oil caps to me.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scolaiw View Post


Someone more knowledgeable about electronics care to explain what's so special/lol about this? tongue.gif

post #26351 of 30978
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgjy View Post

Looks like oil caps to me.


Oh! So that's what those used toilet rolls are! tongue.gif

post #26352 of 30978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

596 is best rectifier i've heard so far for the woo. and omg, now im even more undecided on WA22. 

 

just got my GEC 6AS7G's. listening now with HD 800/WA2. omg....these are finally the ones. i think they finally tick every box and do everything right. speed, air, transparency, soundstage, bass, detail, warmth, grain-free, forgiving, they are making my HD 800s sound amazing. i can't believe how good the WA2 sounds. seems like that last veil was lifted finally and the HD 800s sound faster too, no grain either!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

X2, definitely the best tube for HD800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

im sure you will love them. as long as your other tubes are nice and warm to warm them up. the 596 is very clear and upfront sounding to me, almost SS like but with some tubeness to it. only tube that would come close is mullard gz34 (maybe metal base but i haven't heard that one yet, only black base).

 

The metal based is slightly better and I think it is better than the 596 too. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

anyone know if the curved base really is better? i kinda wish i had another one. i might try and sell my used regular pair for one. 

 

If you are really looking for it, yes it is better.  The last time I did a comparison, it was really late at night and I have to take notes.  It has more depth, the instruments placement is more accurate.

post #26353 of 30978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

good idea! 

 

beerchug.gif

 

like i think im actually completely happy with hd 800/wa2 now. it sounds soo good i can only imagine it will improve when i get a better DAC.

 

Just wait til you tried out the maxxed WA22 with GEC 6AS7G, TS BGRP / NU 6F8G,  and metal based GZ34 combo...  There is something in this combo keep telling me not to sell it and get the WA5.

 

DG, if I were you, I will look at the PWD instead.  You will not regret it.


Edited by jc9394 - 7/10/13 at 6:44am
post #26354 of 30978

Value ~

 

Something to keep in mind about the USAF-596 is the value it originally offered for its performance. Not so long ago before speculation and market forces kicked in, pricing for the glass could be seen for $13-$17. Then eventually headed to $30-$36. And then...rolleyes.gif

 

So, in the early days of discovery, this glass offered some of the biggest bang-for-buck that could be had for a Woo.

post #26355 of 30978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Value ~

 

Something to keep in mind about the USAF-596 is the value it originally offered for its performance. Not so long ago before speculation and market forces kicked in, pricing for the glass could be seen for $13-$17. Then eventually headed to $30-$36. And then...rolleyes.gif

 

So, in the early days of discovery, this glass offered some of the biggest bang-for-buck that could be had for a Woo.

 

Totally agreed, some of my 596 are from the low $20s shipped while the metal based GZ34 can but me 10-15 more 596s... I guess I have to try everything and was/is looking for that additional 1-2% improvement.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite