sorry that last message was for Ultrainferno
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 On-Ears Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/760881/sennheiser-momentum-1-0-on-ears-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Sennheiser’s style range On...
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1679post #25171 of 332904/27/13 at 5:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #25172 of 332904/29/13 at 6:35pmEven the nice Allied 6BK7B hum badly in the WA3.... I'd write this tube type off for good in a Woo.
I do kind of like the clear top 6GU7 though....very quiet tube and I like the lower gain in my setup. It biases up at 2.5ma in the gain stage and 3.6ma in the buffer. A little nonlinear, but still good sounding to me. I'm going to try the 6CG7 and maybe up the bias some in the gain stage. Adapters for 6SN7 seems like the next logical evolution for me.Quote:post #25173 of 332904/30/13 at 5:31amDon't think i've posted here yet. Received a WA2 a little while ago, mostly to pair with my HD 800's. The sound is absolutely wonderful. Doing a little tube rolling and noticed huge differences with every new tube I ordered. Honestly the stock tubes (non upgraded) sound really nice in my opinion. Right now i'm trying some NOS Matched Tung Sol 7236's. So far so good, sound a little less warm than the other ones ive tried. Probably end up going for the 5998's but I cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere. (Below $300). Anyway.. Overall great amp, hope to purchase another from this great company sometime down the road.post #25174 of 332904/30/13 at 9:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Rem1x
Don't think i've posted here yet. Received a WA2 a little while ago, mostly to pair with my HD 800's. The sound is absolutely wonderful. Doing a little tube rolling and noticed huge differences with every new tube I ordered. Honestly the stock tubes (non upgraded) sound really nice in my opinion. Right now i'm trying some NOS Matched Tung Sol 7236's. So far so good, sound a little less warm than the other ones ive tried. Probably end up going for the 5998's but I cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere. (Below $300). Anyway.. Overall great amp, hope to purchase another from this great company sometime down the road.
should be about 220 dollars on that site. PM them they are nice peoplepost #25175 of 332904/30/13 at 1:38pmpost #25176 of 332904/30/13 at 5:06pmpost #25177 of 332904/30/13 at 8:43pmpost #25178 of 332904/30/13 at 10:07pm
I just received my WA6-SE and I have been trying to find a United Electronics (USAF) 596 Rectifier Tube. However, with no success. Do you know where I could find one? Preferably new or nearly new :)post #25179 of 332904/30/13 at 10:09pmpost #25180 of 332905/1/13 at 12:30ampost #25181 of 332905/1/13 at 2:15ampost #25182 of 332905/1/13 at 3:04ampost #25183 of 332905/1/13 at 4:44ampost #25184 of 332905/1/13 at 4:57amQuote:
I received a pair of USAF-59 recs last week from WooAudio; believe Jack said he may have only a couple left. Better get on it!
Very best,post #25185 of 332905/1/13 at 7:11amQuote:
yeah Mullard EZ80, RCA 6AS7G (Tung Sol 5998 are more transparent, but less warm), and Mullard CV2492 drivers (might be a cheaper option for these available)
i believe Ardilla still owns a WA2, he enjoys a warm, smooth, lush presentation, maybe you can pm him about his favorite combination
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 5/1/13 at 7:13am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 9 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 45 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › List of Just Earbuds 1 minute ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD518 HD558 HD598 Support Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best bass heavy sports earbuds? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2