sorry that last message was for Ultrainferno
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
Accutone Pisces Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828002/accutone-pisces-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1679post #25171 of 390444/27/13 at 5:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #25172 of 390444/29/13 at 6:35pmEven the nice Allied 6BK7B hum badly in the WA3.... I'd write this tube type off for good in a Woo.
I do kind of like the clear top 6GU7 though....very quiet tube and I like the lower gain in my setup. It biases up at 2.5ma in the gain stage and 3.6ma in the buffer. A little nonlinear, but still good sounding to me. I'm going to try the 6CG7 and maybe up the bias some in the gain stage. Adapters for 6SN7 seems like the next logical evolution for me.Quote:post #25173 of 390444/30/13 at 5:31amDon't think i've posted here yet. Received a WA2 a little while ago, mostly to pair with my HD 800's. The sound is absolutely wonderful. Doing a little tube rolling and noticed huge differences with every new tube I ordered. Honestly the stock tubes (non upgraded) sound really nice in my opinion. Right now i'm trying some NOS Matched Tung Sol 7236's. So far so good, sound a little less warm than the other ones ive tried. Probably end up going for the 5998's but I cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere. (Below $300). Anyway.. Overall great amp, hope to purchase another from this great company sometime down the road.post #25174 of 390444/30/13 at 9:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Rem1x
Don't think i've posted here yet. Received a WA2 a little while ago, mostly to pair with my HD 800's. The sound is absolutely wonderful. Doing a little tube rolling and noticed huge differences with every new tube I ordered. Honestly the stock tubes (non upgraded) sound really nice in my opinion. Right now i'm trying some NOS Matched Tung Sol 7236's. So far so good, sound a little less warm than the other ones ive tried. Probably end up going for the 5998's but I cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere. (Below $300). Anyway.. Overall great amp, hope to purchase another from this great company sometime down the road.
should be about 220 dollars on that site. PM them they are nice peoplepost #25175 of 390444/30/13 at 1:38pmpost #25176 of 390444/30/13 at 5:06pmpost #25177 of 390444/30/13 at 8:43pmpost #25178 of 390444/30/13 at 10:07pm
I just received my WA6-SE and I have been trying to find a United Electronics (USAF) 596 Rectifier Tube. However, with no success. Do you know where I could find one? Preferably new or nearly new :)post #25179 of 390444/30/13 at 10:09pmpost #25180 of 390445/1/13 at 12:30ampost #25181 of 390445/1/13 at 2:15ampost #25182 of 390445/1/13 at 3:04amAnyone have any recommendations on a very warm pair of tubes for the WA2? I'm a big fan of warm, lush sound. Has anyone had any luck with a particular pair of tubes in that department with the WA2?post #25183 of 390445/1/13 at 4:44ampost #25184 of 390445/1/13 at 4:57amQuote:
I received a pair of USAF-59 recs last week from WooAudio; believe Jack said he may have only a couple left. Better get on it!
Very best,post #25185 of 390445/1/13 at 7:11amQuote:
yeah Mullard EZ80, RCA 6AS7G (Tung Sol 5998 are more transparent, but less warm), and Mullard CV2492 drivers (might be a cheaper option for these available)
i believe Ardilla still owns a WA2, he enjoys a warm, smooth, lush presentation, maybe you can pm him about his favorite combination
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 5/1/13 at 7:13am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Lets Talk Metal 39 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 1 minute ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear