sorry that last message was for Ultrainferno
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
I've done a lot of A-B comparing and the Schiit Wyrd absolutely improves my sound quality. Without it, the music sounds more distant, less expansive, less clear and also a bit softer volume. A...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australia/New Zealand tour arranged by @d marc0, thank you very much for including me in this tour :) Introduction I am just another music fans in this...
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1679post #25171 of 349494/27/13 at 5:14pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #25172 of 349494/29/13 at 6:35pmEven the nice Allied 6BK7B hum badly in the WA3.... I'd write this tube type off for good in a Woo.
I do kind of like the clear top 6GU7 though....very quiet tube and I like the lower gain in my setup. It biases up at 2.5ma in the gain stage and 3.6ma in the buffer. A little nonlinear, but still good sounding to me. I'm going to try the 6CG7 and maybe up the bias some in the gain stage. Adapters for 6SN7 seems like the next logical evolution for me.Quote:post #25173 of 349494/30/13 at 5:31amDon't think i've posted here yet. Received a WA2 a little while ago, mostly to pair with my HD 800's. The sound is absolutely wonderful. Doing a little tube rolling and noticed huge differences with every new tube I ordered. Honestly the stock tubes (non upgraded) sound really nice in my opinion. Right now i'm trying some NOS Matched Tung Sol 7236's. So far so good, sound a little less warm than the other ones ive tried. Probably end up going for the 5998's but I cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere. (Below $300). Anyway.. Overall great amp, hope to purchase another from this great company sometime down the road.post #25174 of 349494/30/13 at 9:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Rem1x
Don't think i've posted here yet. Received a WA2 a little while ago, mostly to pair with my HD 800's. The sound is absolutely wonderful. Doing a little tube rolling and noticed huge differences with every new tube I ordered. Honestly the stock tubes (non upgraded) sound really nice in my opinion. Right now i'm trying some NOS Matched Tung Sol 7236's. So far so good, sound a little less warm than the other ones ive tried. Probably end up going for the 5998's but I cant find them for a reasonable price anywhere. (Below $300). Anyway.. Overall great amp, hope to purchase another from this great company sometime down the road.
should be about 220 dollars on that site. PM them they are nice peoplepost #25175 of 349494/30/13 at 1:38pmpost #25176 of 349494/30/13 at 5:06pmpost #25177 of 349494/30/13 at 8:43pmpost #25178 of 349494/30/13 at 10:07pm
I just received my WA6-SE and I have been trying to find a United Electronics (USAF) 596 Rectifier Tube. However, with no success. Do you know where I could find one? Preferably new or nearly new :)post #25179 of 349494/30/13 at 10:09pmpost #25180 of 349495/1/13 at 12:30ampost #25181 of 349495/1/13 at 2:15ampost #25182 of 349495/1/13 at 3:04ampost #25183 of 349495/1/13 at 4:44ampost #25184 of 349495/1/13 at 4:57amQuote:
I received a pair of USAF-59 recs last week from WooAudio; believe Jack said he may have only a couple left. Better get on it!
Very best,post #25185 of 349495/1/13 at 7:11amQuote:
yeah Mullard EZ80, RCA 6AS7G (Tung Sol 5998 are more transparent, but less warm), and Mullard CV2492 drivers (might be a cheaper option for these available)
i believe Ardilla still owns a WA2, he enjoys a warm, smooth, lush presentation, maybe you can pm him about his favorite combination
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 5/1/13 at 7:13am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 35 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM 38 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › HD650's going bad or just cable? 2 minutes ago
- › What should I use to power my HD650s for PC gaming? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Need a badge? 5 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2