Fellow Head-fi'er 'kchew' has offered me very kindly to send me two valves to try in my WA6 which has been a bit problematic lately. How kind is that?!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 2/28/14 at 3:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3 or WA6 for HD 700? Last post on 12/26/13 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
i had these headphones from last 8 months and i am enjoying it a lot for listening classical, jazz.these headphones offer proper imaging to the vocals of the artist and music it fairly do justice...
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1671post #25051 of 296044/20/13 at 7:39am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #25052 of 296044/20/13 at 7:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Fririce0003
Any WA5 owners have some experience pairing with Zu Audio speakers care to share their thoughts, I just ordered on a pair of Soul Supreme speakers but they're a few weeks off and I couldn't audition them in store. Just crossing my fingers and hoping for some good synergy when they arrive for now.
Also I've been getting some loud sparodic popping coming from my left channel, this is my first tube amp so I'm not quite sure, but I think it would be the driver tubes. The popping stopped when I swapped back to the stock tubes.
Sounds like a noisy tube. I'd stay away from the that one.post #25053 of 296044/20/13 at 9:21am
Guys and ladies,
I am reducing my rectifier and driver tube collection. Please check my posts at the accessories for sale forum.
Edited by musicman59 - 4/20/13 at 9:23ampost #25054 of 296044/20/13 at 9:38amQuote:
"Woozies" are a tight-knit group. Cheers to kchew!post #25055 of 296044/20/13 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevendjm
Recently I decide to buy a wa5le to go with my HD800.
Now the question is whether or not I should spend another thousand to take the part upgrade. I will go for tubes upgrades for sure, as Jack pointed out that tubes can improve the sonic performance greatly. but he did not mention how parts upgrade can influence the sound in real hearing.
Has anyone who has heard both the stock and Maxxed? I would appreciate it very much if you can share your thoughts.
Or, to those who are the current owner, is your wa5le stock or with parts upgrade?
I am new here, and I appreciate your ideas. Thanks !
i knew i like different amps, different headphones with different moods and music and that's why i chose not to do the upgrade parts last year when i got my wa5. the saved money, i picked up a gsx-mkiipost #25056 of 296044/20/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
LCD-3 and DNA 2A3/WA5-LE won't happen. not enough money and i'd be stuck with stock tubes. also my DLIII might prove to be not enough with these amps (will it be good for WA22?)
the WA22 all i would need to do is buy 6SN7's since i already have a good selection of 5U4G (black mullard GZ34, mighty 596, miss sophia, and the eml) and some 6080 (RCA 6AS7, TS 5998 and Sylvania 7236).
im totally for buying the WA22, but i wanted to be sure its a sure improvement in soundstage/imaging/detail/ transparency over the WA6-SE and WA2. and also, i would not want to lose any magic with the T1. the WA2 is almost primarily for the T1, its just smooth, musical, and well awesome, but it can be a little dull at times still. thats why i was considering tube rolling, maybe updating JAN-Sylvania 7308's to some nice CCa's or something would bring the last bit of improvement for it to be a perfect setup, for me, its really close already.
as for the WA6-SE, i'm enjoying it with HD 800 and LCD-2, the HD 800 just sound so right on it, detailed, open, energy, bass, but it still gets a tad bit too hot sometimes. i was considering 6SN7 because theres no perfect combination with the other tubes, either they're too harsh, or too dull, and i wanted to see if 6SN7 would give me some sweetness and tonality while still maintaining control and transparency. the T1 doesn't do too well with WA6-SE, too bright.
of course, my worries with the WA22 are these:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632848/wa2-or-wa22-for-beyerdynamic-t1 this one about T1 not having power
and also http://www.head-fi.org/t/615810/the-beauty-and-the-beast-woo-wa2-vs-wa22 this one, seems i could basically replace WA6-SE with WA22 and the review would be exactly the same.
and a few other things of course, however, if its enough of an upgrade to get the WA22, then i'd definitely buy it. i would expect it to be better than either WA2 and WA6-SE to a noticeable degree, and to be not as lush as WA2, but not as bright and aggressive as a WA6-SE (ive actually read somewhere that WA6-SE was more tubish and musical). also, it would have to be magical with the T1 similar to WA2. (ive read somewhere also that the WA22 was better with T1 than some other similarly priced amps, that there is synergy).
dubstep girl, are you sure you're really set on t1? and want to build your headphones rig around t1?
i build(ing) around my headphones rigs around t1 and on most days i just love the way wa5 sound with t1. well some days my balanced rudistor rp010b(a ss amp with a touch of tube sound). more like, 7 of 10 i'd pick the wa5. the lushness, the tubey romantic sound. just make the t1 perfect(i sometimes want more bass though). 300b has a special way of presenting vocal and that's probably why t1 sound so prefect with t1.
and for the stock tubes, people just blown out of proportion. i sure can't live with the stock tubes now but i remember a stock wa5 was the best amp i've heard at the time. you don't really need to change all the tubes right away. and i remember playing wa2, wa22 and wa5, all stock tubes, last year at the local dealer and wa5 was still the best amp i'd heard at the time.
also, t1 is more amp dependent than other headphones. maybe it's the 600ohm or what ever. get the amp first and worry about the source, the tubes and everything else later.
p.s.: wa2 ain't bad though with t1 so no hurry/necessary to get other amp unless you feel you need to.post #25057 of 296044/20/13 at 2:17pm
not just the T1, also the HD 800. i really like my HD 800s, in fact, i feel the HD 800s are better than the T1 in many ways, but the T1 is a better all rounder. i find myself using both quite a bit.post #25058 of 296044/20/13 at 2:28pmpost #25059 of 296044/20/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
If you like the HD800, there is no amp better than the WA5. At least for all the amps I listened HD800 with.post #25060 of 296044/20/13 at 2:43pmpost #25061 of 296044/20/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
i would still feel silly using stock tubes, a DLIII with v link, and not having a proper table/rack for a 70lb amp. if i had the funds for an endgame setup, it'd be a no brainer. WA5 maxed with double mighty 596's, and a PWD or M51
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/20/13 at 2:51pmpost #25062 of 296044/20/13 at 2:46pmAny1 got an tube recomendations for the WA6? I just ordered one at the meet, sounded a bit more natural then my Lyr, so im really hoping my impressions are correct, so while i wait, what tubes should I trypost #25063 of 296044/20/13 at 2:50pmQuote:
i like my new toy, gsxmkii, a lot with hd800. new toy maybe?post #25064 of 296044/20/13 at 3:07pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Want to Buy the King Of IEM (best iem in the market) Noble Kaiser... 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 6 minutes ago
- › Decibullz microwavable custom fit IED headphones at CES 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Latest... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble K10 vs JH Roxannes 7 minutes ago
- › Joseph Grado Signature Product "HP2i" upgraded HP 1000 headphone;... 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 10 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 10 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser PMX60 Headphones by sagar khichi
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude