Fellow Head-fi'er 'kchew' has offered me very kindly to send me two valves to try in my WA6 which has been a bit problematic lately. How kind is that?!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
As part of the OPPO PM3 loaner program I had a chance to evaluate the PM3's for a few days. Overall, I was very impressed with the packaging, build quality and finish. The brushed aluminum is...
COMPANY: Sennheiser MODEL: HD598 COST: $299 CAD - $250 USD – Note: often on sale for much less TYPE: Open, Dynamic, Over-Ear DRIVER SIZE: 40mm neodynium FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 12 Hz – 38.5...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTION I've been working with Trinity (Trinity Audio Engineering) for almost a couple of years now. I don't...
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1671post #25051 of 380644/20/13 at 7:39am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #25052 of 380644/20/13 at 7:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Fririce0003
Any WA5 owners have some experience pairing with Zu Audio speakers care to share their thoughts, I just ordered on a pair of Soul Supreme speakers but they're a few weeks off and I couldn't audition them in store. Just crossing my fingers and hoping for some good synergy when they arrive for now.
Also I've been getting some loud sparodic popping coming from my left channel, this is my first tube amp so I'm not quite sure, but I think it would be the driver tubes. The popping stopped when I swapped back to the stock tubes.
Sounds like a noisy tube. I'd stay away from the that one.post #25053 of 380644/20/13 at 9:21am
Guys and ladies,
I am reducing my rectifier and driver tube collection. Please check my posts at the accessories for sale forum.
Edited by musicman59 - 4/20/13 at 9:23ampost #25054 of 380644/20/13 at 9:38amQuote:
"Woozies" are a tight-knit group. Cheers to kchew!post #25055 of 380644/20/13 at 12:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by stevendjm
Recently I decide to buy a wa5le to go with my HD800.
Now the question is whether or not I should spend another thousand to take the part upgrade. I will go for tubes upgrades for sure, as Jack pointed out that tubes can improve the sonic performance greatly. but he did not mention how parts upgrade can influence the sound in real hearing.
Has anyone who has heard both the stock and Maxxed? I would appreciate it very much if you can share your thoughts.
Or, to those who are the current owner, is your wa5le stock or with parts upgrade?
I am new here, and I appreciate your ideas. Thanks !
i knew i like different amps, different headphones with different moods and music and that's why i chose not to do the upgrade parts last year when i got my wa5. the saved money, i picked up a gsx-mkiipost #25056 of 380644/20/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
LCD-3 and DNA 2A3/WA5-LE won't happen. not enough money and i'd be stuck with stock tubes. also my DLIII might prove to be not enough with these amps (will it be good for WA22?)
the WA22 all i would need to do is buy 6SN7's since i already have a good selection of 5U4G (black mullard GZ34, mighty 596, miss sophia, and the eml) and some 6080 (RCA 6AS7, TS 5998 and Sylvania 7236).
im totally for buying the WA22, but i wanted to be sure its a sure improvement in soundstage/imaging/detail/ transparency over the WA6-SE and WA2. and also, i would not want to lose any magic with the T1. the WA2 is almost primarily for the T1, its just smooth, musical, and well awesome, but it can be a little dull at times still. thats why i was considering tube rolling, maybe updating JAN-Sylvania 7308's to some nice CCa's or something would bring the last bit of improvement for it to be a perfect setup, for me, its really close already.
as for the WA6-SE, i'm enjoying it with HD 800 and LCD-2, the HD 800 just sound so right on it, detailed, open, energy, bass, but it still gets a tad bit too hot sometimes. i was considering 6SN7 because theres no perfect combination with the other tubes, either they're too harsh, or too dull, and i wanted to see if 6SN7 would give me some sweetness and tonality while still maintaining control and transparency. the T1 doesn't do too well with WA6-SE, too bright.
of course, my worries with the WA22 are these:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/632848/wa2-or-wa22-for-beyerdynamic-t1 this one about T1 not having power
and also http://www.head-fi.org/t/615810/the-beauty-and-the-beast-woo-wa2-vs-wa22 this one, seems i could basically replace WA6-SE with WA22 and the review would be exactly the same.
and a few other things of course, however, if its enough of an upgrade to get the WA22, then i'd definitely buy it. i would expect it to be better than either WA2 and WA6-SE to a noticeable degree, and to be not as lush as WA2, but not as bright and aggressive as a WA6-SE (ive actually read somewhere that WA6-SE was more tubish and musical). also, it would have to be magical with the T1 similar to WA2. (ive read somewhere also that the WA22 was better with T1 than some other similarly priced amps, that there is synergy).
dubstep girl, are you sure you're really set on t1? and want to build your headphones rig around t1?
i build(ing) around my headphones rigs around t1 and on most days i just love the way wa5 sound with t1. well some days my balanced rudistor rp010b(a ss amp with a touch of tube sound). more like, 7 of 10 i'd pick the wa5. the lushness, the tubey romantic sound. just make the t1 perfect(i sometimes want more bass though). 300b has a special way of presenting vocal and that's probably why t1 sound so prefect with t1.
and for the stock tubes, people just blown out of proportion. i sure can't live with the stock tubes now but i remember a stock wa5 was the best amp i've heard at the time. you don't really need to change all the tubes right away. and i remember playing wa2, wa22 and wa5, all stock tubes, last year at the local dealer and wa5 was still the best amp i'd heard at the time.
also, t1 is more amp dependent than other headphones. maybe it's the 600ohm or what ever. get the amp first and worry about the source, the tubes and everything else later.
p.s.: wa2 ain't bad though with t1 so no hurry/necessary to get other amp unless you feel you need to.post #25057 of 380644/20/13 at 2:17pm
not just the T1, also the HD 800. i really like my HD 800s, in fact, i feel the HD 800s are better than the T1 in many ways, but the T1 is a better all rounder. i find myself using both quite a bit.post #25058 of 380644/20/13 at 2:28pmpost #25059 of 380644/20/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
If you like the HD800, there is no amp better than the WA5. At least for all the amps I listened HD800 with.post #25060 of 380644/20/13 at 2:43pmpost #25061 of 380644/20/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
i would still feel silly using stock tubes, a DLIII with v link, and not having a proper table/rack for a 70lb amp. if i had the funds for an endgame setup, it'd be a no brainer. WA5 maxed with double mighty 596's, and a PWD or M51
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 4/20/13 at 2:51pmpost #25062 of 380644/20/13 at 2:46pmAny1 got an tube recomendations for the WA6? I just ordered one at the meet, sounded a bit more natural then my Lyr, so im really hoping my impressions are correct, so while i wait, what tubes should I trypost #25063 of 380644/20/13 at 2:50pmQuote:
i like my new toy, gsxmkii, a lot with hd800. new toy maybe?post #25064 of 380644/20/13 at 3:07pmpost #25065 of 380644/20/13 at 3:09pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › FS: Ortofon e-Q8 16 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 30 seconds ago
- › In the market for new gear 40 seconds ago
- › Help on an amp/dac 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › MANDARINES foam ear tips...... perfection 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 4 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...