Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 11/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1649post #24721 of 316493/26/13 at 9:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24722 of 316493/26/13 at 9:49pmQuote:
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/26/13 at 9:52pmpost #24723 of 316493/26/13 at 10:26pm
If only I could remember what euphonic really means. For now, I take comfort in knowing that my WA22 is the most of it.Quote:Originally Posted by grokit
Now that I don't have the EMLs anymore, it's probably my most euphonic rectifier. They are very different but euphonically it's close to a tie. Since I am using the WA22 mostly as a preamp now, I should give it a try with the GECs and my TSRP BG's; I think that would be my most euphonic combo and I do need to see how that would affect the rest of the chain. I'll wait until I get my turntable and Lambdas back from the shops, then it will be listening time!post #24724 of 316493/26/13 at 10:38pmpost #24725 of 316493/27/13 at 3:50amQuote:
or TH900 :)post #24726 of 316493/27/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by grokit
I have one of those. From memory, it's a very airy sound, highly detailed and euphonic, lots of separation and space to the soundstage but a bit lacking in bass/body for my tastes. I'll have to try it again at some point, if I don't like it any better I will put it in the to be sold pile. It's a very nice tube if you're into that kind of sound, it reminds me of the effect of the GEC 5U4G power tubes to some extent--which I wasn't crazy about either--but some really covet that kind of sound. Come to think of it I should combine the GECs with it and the HD800 to see if I get launched into outer space of something!
Thank you. I decided to put my paws on the EML 5u4gM. But somebody told me that the metal base Philips GZ34 tubes are much better than the EML's. I'm just wondering.....
Edited by LiuTim - 3/27/13 at 5:38ampost #24727 of 316493/27/13 at 10:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Redcarmoose
The photographs can be found on-line. The colors are black, silver, red, gold, blue. We have posted a photograph of all of them in a row here before. I'm too lazy to find it again. Jack said he would make me a red W5 LE if I wanted one. Upgrade for extrusion color about $350.00 usd. Gold would be super cool!
a red wa5 le? too bad i didn't ask but there would be hotpost #24728 of 316493/28/13 at 3:55ampost #24729 of 316493/29/13 at 12:16pmpost #24730 of 316493/29/13 at 12:48pmpost #24731 of 316493/29/13 at 11:24pmpost #24732 of 316493/29/13 at 11:57pmQuote:
Once you go black.....................................................................post #24733 of 316493/30/13 at 12:50amQuote:
O-h baby!post #24734 of 316493/31/13 at 9:06amI put this over in the I-20 thread also: I've been working to suppress stray noise, induced noise, and power supply noise in my WA3+ and noticed a weird phenomena between the I-20 and the Woo. When I touch just the tip of my headphone plug (HD 550) to the ring of the jack on the woo I can hear a faint 'snick' and 120Hz background on the level of bearly perceptible. This is with power off on the Woo. If I disconnect the I-20, it vanishes. It also goes away when I unplug the wall wart for the I-20. I'm assuming this is some sort of ground loop or PS noise from the wart. Tried all kinds of plugology and it persists. The part I found really weird is I can hear it with only one pole of the headphones connected. Thoughts?post #24735 of 316493/31/13 at 11:11am
My WA3 is the most sensitive and finicky amp I've ever experienced. I can get ground loop hums if I even touch the table it's sitting on. If I'm wearing my Fostex orthos, and I move within a few feet of the amp, I get all kinds of crackles and hums. If I move away, the sounds go away.
It's a strange amp indeed.Quote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
I put this over in the I-20 thread also: I've been working to suppress stray noise, induced noise, and power supply noise in my WA3+ and noticed a weird phenomena between the I-20 and the Woo. When I touch just the tip of my headphone plug (HD 550) to the ring of the jack on the woo I can hear a faint 'snick' and 120Hz background on the level of bearly perceptible. This is with power off on the Woo. If I disconnect the I-20, it vanishes. It also goes away when I unplug the wall wart for the I-20. I'm assuming this is some sort of ground loop or PS noise from the wart. Tried all kinds of plugology and it persists. The part I found really weird is I can hear it with only one pole of the headphones connected. Thoughts?
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620 28 seconds ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 32 seconds ago
- › Best headphones for excellent noise-isolation and good comfort,... 47 seconds ago
- › General viewpoint on Bowers & Wilkins vs. JBL? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 4 minutes ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3K 6 minutes ago
- › Pioneer U-05 USB DAC/amp with dual ES9016 6 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3