Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 4/10/14 at 11:28am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3 or WA6 for HD 700? Last post on 12/26/13 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1649post #24721 of 297973/26/13 at 9:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24722 of 297973/26/13 at 9:49pmpost #24723 of 297973/26/13 at 10:26pm
If only I could remember what euphonic really means. For now, I take comfort in knowing that my WA22 is the most of it.Quote:Originally Posted by grokit
Now that I don't have the EMLs anymore, it's probably my most euphonic rectifier. They are very different but euphonically it's close to a tie. Since I am using the WA22 mostly as a preamp now, I should give it a try with the GECs and my TSRP BG's; I think that would be my most euphonic combo and I do need to see how that would affect the rest of the chain. I'll wait until I get my turntable and Lambdas back from the shops, then it will be listening time!post #24724 of 297973/26/13 at 10:38pmpost #24725 of 297973/27/13 at 3:50amQuote:
or TH900 :)post #24726 of 297973/27/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by grokit
I have one of those. From memory, it's a very airy sound, highly detailed and euphonic, lots of separation and space to the soundstage but a bit lacking in bass/body for my tastes. I'll have to try it again at some point, if I don't like it any better I will put it in the to be sold pile. It's a very nice tube if you're into that kind of sound, it reminds me of the effect of the GEC 5U4G power tubes to some extent--which I wasn't crazy about either--but some really covet that kind of sound. Come to think of it I should combine the GECs with it and the HD800 to see if I get launched into outer space of something!
Thank you. I decided to put my paws on the EML 5u4gM. But somebody told me that the metal base Philips GZ34 tubes are much better than the EML's. I'm just wondering.....
Edited by LiuTim - 3/27/13 at 5:38ampost #24727 of 297973/27/13 at 10:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Redcarmoose
The photographs can be found on-line. The colors are black, silver, red, gold, blue. We have posted a photograph of all of them in a row here before. I'm too lazy to find it again. Jack said he would make me a red W5 LE if I wanted one. Upgrade for extrusion color about $350.00 usd. Gold would be super cool!
a red wa5 le? too bad i didn't ask but there would be hotpost #24728 of 297973/28/13 at 3:55ampost #24729 of 297973/29/13 at 12:16pmpost #24730 of 297973/29/13 at 12:48pmpost #24731 of 297973/29/13 at 11:24pmpost #24732 of 297973/29/13 at 11:57pmQuote:
Once you go black.....................................................................post #24733 of 297973/30/13 at 12:50amQuote:
O-h baby!post #24734 of 297973/31/13 at 9:06amI put this over in the I-20 thread also: I've been working to suppress stray noise, induced noise, and power supply noise in my WA3+ and noticed a weird phenomena between the I-20 and the Woo. When I touch just the tip of my headphone plug (HD 550) to the ring of the jack on the woo I can hear a faint 'snick' and 120Hz background on the level of bearly perceptible. This is with power off on the Woo. If I disconnect the I-20, it vanishes. It also goes away when I unplug the wall wart for the I-20. I'm assuming this is some sort of ground loop or PS noise from the wart. Tried all kinds of plugology and it persists. The part I found really weird is I can hear it with only one pole of the headphones connected. Thoughts?post #24735 of 297973/31/13 at 11:11am
My WA3 is the most sensitive and finicky amp I've ever experienced. I can get ground loop hums if I even touch the table it's sitting on. If I'm wearing my Fostex orthos, and I move within a few feet of the amp, I get all kinds of crackles and hums. If I move away, the sounds go away.
It's a strange amp indeed.Quote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
I put this over in the I-20 thread also: I've been working to suppress stray noise, induced noise, and power supply noise in my WA3+ and noticed a weird phenomena between the I-20 and the Woo. When I touch just the tip of my headphone plug (HD 550) to the ring of the jack on the woo I can hear a faint 'snick' and 120Hz background on the level of bearly perceptible. This is with power off on the Woo. If I disconnect the I-20, it vanishes. It also goes away when I unplug the wall wart for the I-20. I'm assuming this is some sort of ground loop or PS noise from the wart. Tried all kinds of plugology and it persists. The part I found really weird is I can hear it with only one pole of the headphones connected. Thoughts?
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Portable DAC for iPod Classic Only Use 11 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 11 seconds ago
- › Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne 26 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 37 seconds ago
- › IEMs that are most similar to B&W P7 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › plz help ! i need recommendations for earphones/buds <$230 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Firestone Audio Fireye HDB & DAB -- Portable Balanced Amps/DACs 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude