Great...can't wait for you to roll the Calyx back in!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1630post #24436 of 336193/5/13 at 3:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24437 of 336193/5/13 at 4:04pm
YOU can't wait....
Should be this week sometime. I just dropped a hint to the guy who's reviewing it that I may need it back shortly.
I just handed the wife my HE-500's for a quick listen. She got the big grin and said "this is gorgeous, I'll never get you out of here now" (the computer room)
Edited by Todd R - 3/5/13 at 4:06pmpost #24438 of 336193/5/13 at 5:16pmSaw these Ken Rad 6F8G on eBay....looked interesting.
Edited by GrindingThud - 3/5/13 at 5:19pmpost #24439 of 336193/5/13 at 8:41pmpost #24440 of 336193/5/13 at 8:51pmpost #24441 of 336193/5/13 at 9:03pmpost #24442 of 336193/5/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
kchew lookin' good in Singapore!
Know where I can get the 6F8G variety of TSBGRP goodness?post #24443 of 336193/5/13 at 9:37pmpost #24444 of 336193/5/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
Hey there, I could only them on evilbay. vacuumtubes.net once advertised them for I think $60 a piece, but when I emailed them they were out of stock for some time. Oh well, time to give other 6F8Gs a try. Wallet status: not looking good.post #24445 of 336193/5/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by kchewQuote:
Hey there, I could only them on evilbay. vacuumtubes.net once advertised them for I think $60 a piece, but when I emailed them they were out of stock for some time. Oh well, time to give other 6F8Gs a try. Wallet status: not looking good.
My dilemma was finding maybe 5 pairs for sale but at the time, Glenn was down; had no one to make me adapters. So, I walked.post #24446 of 336193/5/13 at 11:12pmpost #24447 of 336193/5/13 at 11:19pm
But...but...I got no 6F8G glass. Correction: No Tung-Sol BGRP! His OTL design calls for a single drive tube in my amp, so...
Edited by Silent One - 3/5/13 at 11:20pmpost #24448 of 336193/6/13 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
Saw these Ken Rad 6F8G on eBay....looked interesting.
I have a pair of those but I have not tried them yet.
SO, there are a bunch of 6F8Gs on ebay now. Several of them are of the TS BGRP variety.post #24449 of 336193/6/13 at 11:33ampost #24450 of 336193/6/13 at 2:56pm
I have several recordings of the 1812 Overture. The loudest is the 1812" Overture from Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. The most refined is the Georg Solti version.
Edited by john57 - 3/6/13 at 2:57pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 1 second ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 54 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons 5 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2