Great...can't wait for you to roll the Calyx back in!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 2/28/14 at 3:29am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3 or WA6 for HD 700? Last post on 12/26/13 at 4:57pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1630post #24436 of 295903/5/13 at 3:31pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24437 of 295903/5/13 at 4:04pm
YOU can't wait....
Should be this week sometime. I just dropped a hint to the guy who's reviewing it that I may need it back shortly.
I just handed the wife my HE-500's for a quick listen. She got the big grin and said "this is gorgeous, I'll never get you out of here now" (the computer room)
Edited by Todd R - 3/5/13 at 4:06pmpost #24438 of 295903/5/13 at 5:16pmSaw these Ken Rad 6F8G on eBay....looked interesting.
Edited by GrindingThud - 3/5/13 at 5:19pmpost #24439 of 295903/5/13 at 8:41pmpost #24440 of 295903/5/13 at 8:51pmpost #24441 of 295903/5/13 at 9:03pmpost #24442 of 295903/5/13 at 9:37pmQuote:
kchew lookin' good in Singapore!
Know where I can get the 6F8G variety of TSBGRP goodness?post #24443 of 295903/5/13 at 9:37pmpost #24444 of 295903/5/13 at 10:21pmQuote:
Hey there, I could only them on evilbay. vacuumtubes.net once advertised them for I think $60 a piece, but when I emailed them they were out of stock for some time. Oh well, time to give other 6F8Gs a try. Wallet status: not looking good.post #24445 of 295903/5/13 at 11:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by kchewQuote:
Hey there, I could only them on evilbay. vacuumtubes.net once advertised them for I think $60 a piece, but when I emailed them they were out of stock for some time. Oh well, time to give other 6F8Gs a try. Wallet status: not looking good.
My dilemma was finding maybe 5 pairs for sale but at the time, Glenn was down; had no one to make me adapters. So, I walked.post #24446 of 295903/5/13 at 11:12pmpost #24447 of 295903/5/13 at 11:19pm
But...but...I got no 6F8G glass. Correction: No Tung-Sol BGRP! His OTL design calls for a single drive tube in my amp, so...
Edited by Silent One - 3/5/13 at 11:20pmpost #24448 of 295903/6/13 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by GrindingThud
Saw these Ken Rad 6F8G on eBay....looked interesting.
I have a pair of those but I have not tried them yet.
SO, there are a bunch of 6F8Gs on ebay now. Several of them are of the TS BGRP variety.post #24449 of 295903/6/13 at 11:33ampost #24450 of 295903/6/13 at 2:56pm
I have several recordings of the 1812 Overture. The loudest is the 1812" Overture from Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra. The most refined is the Georg Solti version.
Edited by john57 - 3/6/13 at 2:57pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 40 seconds ago
- › Pioneer SE-A1000 Appreciation Club ( Sennheiser HD 650 for $45?) 54 seconds ago
- › need a new DAC (SE) or DAC/;AMP (balanced) suggestion for about a... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio - A Unique Place Indeed - Product Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Pathos Aurium anyone? 2 minutes ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 3 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude