The concern over using a higher rated fuse is warranted. However, in my particular case, I approached Jack - he sat me down, made me comfortable. And I threw that bad boy in...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1626post #24376 of 386113/2/13 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24377 of 386113/2/13 at 1:22pmQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!post #24378 of 386113/2/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
Jack has the WA6SE rated nominally at 44 watts. At 110/120V, that amounts to like 0.37 A. If a 2A fuse blew, something's got shorted; need to talk to Jack right away. Change to a 3A fuse will make the situation worse.post #24379 of 386113/2/13 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by longbowbbsQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!
Yeah, he made sure I was informed and I took the fuse and opportunity to run widit!post #24380 of 386113/3/13 at 3:21ampost #24381 of 386113/3/13 at 6:02ampost #24382 of 386113/3/13 at 7:16amQuote:
Reasonable thinking, but the inrush current is much higher than 44 watts. This is why the higher fuse rating. In particular, the inrush current once the amp's soft start feature is off is considerable.
Given that Woo states 3 amp is fine I would not hesitate to use a 3 amp fuse. However, I believe the OP has an issue which needs to be addressed.post #24383 of 386113/3/13 at 8:14ampost #24384 of 386113/3/13 at 9:56am
my new HE-500 with WA6-SE!
drives them very well, was worried it wouldn't be able to drive them well at first, but it gets loud at just 9/10 o clock, 11 o clock being very loud.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/3/13 at 9:59ampost #24385 of 386113/3/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Looks like the HE-500 is plugged into the high impedance port. Is that intentional? Does it sound better?post #24386 of 386113/3/13 at 10:23amQuote:
yes, i think they sound pretty similar, but the high impedance has more gain and seems to make the sound slightly fuller over the lower impedance which is more neutralish, might just be in my head, or might be too subtle to notice, so i just use the high impedance anyways.post #24387 of 386113/3/13 at 11:25ampost #24388 of 386113/3/13 at 11:30amQuote:
How are those HE-500 sound with WA6SE? Hmm...I got my Glenn's 596 adapter's antennae facing backward (opposite from yours).post #24389 of 386113/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:post #24390 of 386113/3/13 at 11:57amQuote:
My antennae face @ 4 o'clock......we're unique like that. Perhaps, fine-tuning for radio signals in outer space.
Edited by Silent One - 3/3/13 at 11:58am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The Stax Thread III 18 seconds ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 35 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 51 seconds ago
- › Introducing the Dacamp L1, flagship CL1 Ceramic and CL750 from RHA 1 minute ago
- › BAKOON HPA-21 (Pristine As New Condition) 2 minutes ago
- › Blast from the Past - Post your favourites, any genre any decade 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 3 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 6 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia Headphones - Now in STOCK at Moon Audio 10 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...