The concern over using a higher rated fuse is warranted. However, in my particular case, I approached Jack - he sat me down, made me comfortable. And I threw that bad boy in...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
Preface: Nothing too technical here; just wanted to give my impression as someone that had to "downgrade" from the HE-400's recently and has tried dozens of full-sized cans. I have had these things...
This is my second actual IEM purchase, and I have to say, I'm very surprised. These have a more enjoyable and pleasurable listening experience compared to the Shure SE425, which sounded dry and...
My priority when i am buying a audio gear is value for money and Fidue A73 comes in the insane value category,although it is still early to tell if it's the best inear at the price because i...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1626post #24376 of 343073/2/13 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24377 of 343073/2/13 at 1:22pmQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!post #24378 of 343073/2/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
Jack has the WA6SE rated nominally at 44 watts. At 110/120V, that amounts to like 0.37 A. If a 2A fuse blew, something's got shorted; need to talk to Jack right away. Change to a 3A fuse will make the situation worse.post #24379 of 343073/2/13 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by longbowbbsQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!
Yeah, he made sure I was informed and I took the fuse and opportunity to run widit!post #24380 of 343073/3/13 at 3:21ampost #24381 of 343073/3/13 at 6:02ampost #24382 of 343073/3/13 at 7:16amQuote:
Reasonable thinking, but the inrush current is much higher than 44 watts. This is why the higher fuse rating. In particular, the inrush current once the amp's soft start feature is off is considerable.
Given that Woo states 3 amp is fine I would not hesitate to use a 3 amp fuse. However, I believe the OP has an issue which needs to be addressed.post #24383 of 343073/3/13 at 8:14ampost #24384 of 343073/3/13 at 9:56am
my new HE-500 with WA6-SE!
drives them very well, was worried it wouldn't be able to drive them well at first, but it gets loud at just 9/10 o clock, 11 o clock being very loud.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/3/13 at 9:59ampost #24385 of 343073/3/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Looks like the HE-500 is plugged into the high impedance port. Is that intentional? Does it sound better?post #24386 of 343073/3/13 at 10:23amQuote:
yes, i think they sound pretty similar, but the high impedance has more gain and seems to make the sound slightly fuller over the lower impedance which is more neutralish, might just be in my head, or might be too subtle to notice, so i just use the high impedance anyways.post #24387 of 343073/3/13 at 11:25ampost #24388 of 343073/3/13 at 11:30amQuote:
How are those HE-500 sound with WA6SE? Hmm...I got my Glenn's 596 adapter's antennae facing backward (opposite from yours).post #24389 of 343073/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:post #24390 of 343073/3/13 at 11:57amQuote:
My antennae face @ 4 o'clock......we're unique like that. Perhaps, fine-tuning for radio signals in outer space.
Edited by Silent One - 3/3/13 at 11:58am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 5 minutes ago
- › What is considered the "Hi-Fi Trio"? 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Excellent, awesome, fully accessorized K3003i in box 9 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 10 minutes ago
- › Best <$300 headphones (amazon) for gaming? 14 minutes ago
- › One-side-deaf question about headphones 15 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 339 IEMs compared (FLC Technology FLC 8 added... 15 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › Alpha & Delta AD01 by nmatheis
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by Sentinei
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by acain
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3