The concern over using a higher rated fuse is warranted. However, in my particular case, I approached Jack - he sat me down, made me comfortable. And I threw that bad boy in...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1626post #24376 of 377593/2/13 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24377 of 377593/2/13 at 1:22pmQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!post #24378 of 377593/2/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
Jack has the WA6SE rated nominally at 44 watts. At 110/120V, that amounts to like 0.37 A. If a 2A fuse blew, something's got shorted; need to talk to Jack right away. Change to a 3A fuse will make the situation worse.post #24379 of 377593/2/13 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by longbowbbsQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!
Yeah, he made sure I was informed and I took the fuse and opportunity to run widit!post #24380 of 377593/3/13 at 3:21ampost #24381 of 377593/3/13 at 6:02ampost #24382 of 377593/3/13 at 7:16amQuote:
Reasonable thinking, but the inrush current is much higher than 44 watts. This is why the higher fuse rating. In particular, the inrush current once the amp's soft start feature is off is considerable.
Given that Woo states 3 amp is fine I would not hesitate to use a 3 amp fuse. However, I believe the OP has an issue which needs to be addressed.post #24383 of 377593/3/13 at 8:14ampost #24384 of 377593/3/13 at 9:56am
my new HE-500 with WA6-SE!
drives them very well, was worried it wouldn't be able to drive them well at first, but it gets loud at just 9/10 o clock, 11 o clock being very loud.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/3/13 at 9:59ampost #24385 of 377593/3/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Looks like the HE-500 is plugged into the high impedance port. Is that intentional? Does it sound better?post #24386 of 377593/3/13 at 10:23amQuote:
yes, i think they sound pretty similar, but the high impedance has more gain and seems to make the sound slightly fuller over the lower impedance which is more neutralish, might just be in my head, or might be too subtle to notice, so i just use the high impedance anyways.post #24387 of 377593/3/13 at 11:25ampost #24388 of 377593/3/13 at 11:30amQuote:
How are those HE-500 sound with WA6SE? Hmm...I got my Glenn's 596 adapter's antennae facing backward (opposite from yours).post #24389 of 377593/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:post #24390 of 377593/3/13 at 11:57amQuote:
My antennae face @ 4 o'clock......we're unique like that. Perhaps, fine-tuning for radio signals in outer space.
Edited by Silent One - 3/3/13 at 11:58am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › PrismSound LYRA1 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 5 minutes ago
- › Blind Testing (O/T conversation moved from HD600 thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse