The concern over using a higher rated fuse is warranted. However, in my particular case, I approached Jack - he sat me down, made me comfortable. And I threw that bad boy in...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1626post #24376 of 329253/2/13 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24377 of 329253/2/13 at 1:22pmQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!post #24378 of 329253/2/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
Jack has the WA6SE rated nominally at 44 watts. At 110/120V, that amounts to like 0.37 A. If a 2A fuse blew, something's got shorted; need to talk to Jack right away. Change to a 3A fuse will make the situation worse.post #24379 of 329253/2/13 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by longbowbbsQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!
Yeah, he made sure I was informed and I took the fuse and opportunity to run widit!post #24380 of 329253/3/13 at 3:21ampost #24381 of 329253/3/13 at 6:02ampost #24382 of 329253/3/13 at 7:16amQuote:
Reasonable thinking, but the inrush current is much higher than 44 watts. This is why the higher fuse rating. In particular, the inrush current once the amp's soft start feature is off is considerable.
Given that Woo states 3 amp is fine I would not hesitate to use a 3 amp fuse. However, I believe the OP has an issue which needs to be addressed.post #24383 of 329253/3/13 at 8:14ampost #24384 of 329253/3/13 at 9:56am
my new HE-500 with WA6-SE!
drives them very well, was worried it wouldn't be able to drive them well at first, but it gets loud at just 9/10 o clock, 11 o clock being very loud.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/3/13 at 9:59ampost #24385 of 329253/3/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Looks like the HE-500 is plugged into the high impedance port. Is that intentional? Does it sound better?post #24386 of 329253/3/13 at 10:23amQuote:
yes, i think they sound pretty similar, but the high impedance has more gain and seems to make the sound slightly fuller over the lower impedance which is more neutralish, might just be in my head, or might be too subtle to notice, so i just use the high impedance anyways.post #24387 of 329253/3/13 at 11:25ampost #24388 of 329253/3/13 at 11:30amQuote:
How are those HE-500 sound with WA6SE? Hmm...I got my Glenn's 596 adapter's antennae facing backward (opposite from yours).post #24389 of 329253/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:post #24390 of 329253/3/13 at 11:57amQuote:
My antennae face @ 4 o'clock......we're unique like that. Perhaps, fine-tuning for radio signals in outer space.
Edited by Silent One - 3/3/13 at 11:58am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Looking at Grado GR10E 28 seconds ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 58 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Who is thinking of buying the Schiit Yggdrasil? 1 minute ago
- › News can and a proper "source" 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Can the Shure se846's be the last pair I buy? 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 7 minutes ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 7 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 7 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2