The concern over using a higher rated fuse is warranted. However, in my particular case, I approached Jack - he sat me down, made me comfortable. And I threw that bad boy in...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
Acknowledgment Thanks @PhilW for loaning me these headphones for a week. I know how much you missed them. Introduction After being so impressed with the ERIB-2a (link to review), @PhilW told me...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1626post #24376 of 380703/2/13 at 12:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24377 of 380703/2/13 at 1:22pmQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!post #24378 of 380703/2/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
Jack has the WA6SE rated nominally at 44 watts. At 110/120V, that amounts to like 0.37 A. If a 2A fuse blew, something's got shorted; need to talk to Jack right away. Change to a 3A fuse will make the situation worse.post #24379 of 380703/2/13 at 1:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by longbowbbsQuote:
That is what I like to see, you threw caution to the Woo!
Yeah, he made sure I was informed and I took the fuse and opportunity to run widit!post #24380 of 380703/3/13 at 3:21ampost #24381 of 380703/3/13 at 6:02ampost #24382 of 380703/3/13 at 7:16amQuote:
Reasonable thinking, but the inrush current is much higher than 44 watts. This is why the higher fuse rating. In particular, the inrush current once the amp's soft start feature is off is considerable.
Given that Woo states 3 amp is fine I would not hesitate to use a 3 amp fuse. However, I believe the OP has an issue which needs to be addressed.post #24383 of 380703/3/13 at 8:14ampost #24384 of 380703/3/13 at 9:56am
my new HE-500 with WA6-SE!
drives them very well, was worried it wouldn't be able to drive them well at first, but it gets loud at just 9/10 o clock, 11 o clock being very loud.
Edited by Dubstep Girl - 3/3/13 at 9:59ampost #24385 of 380703/3/13 at 10:14amQuote:
Looks like the HE-500 is plugged into the high impedance port. Is that intentional? Does it sound better?post #24386 of 380703/3/13 at 10:23amQuote:
yes, i think they sound pretty similar, but the high impedance has more gain and seems to make the sound slightly fuller over the lower impedance which is more neutralish, might just be in my head, or might be too subtle to notice, so i just use the high impedance anyways.post #24387 of 380703/3/13 at 11:25ampost #24388 of 380703/3/13 at 11:30amQuote:
How are those HE-500 sound with WA6SE? Hmm...I got my Glenn's 596 adapter's antennae facing backward (opposite from yours).post #24389 of 380703/3/13 at 11:55amQuote:post #24390 of 380703/3/13 at 11:57amQuote:
My antennae face @ 4 o'clock......we're unique like that. Perhaps, fine-tuning for radio signals in outer space.
Edited by Silent One - 3/3/13 at 11:58am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Three Word Story 51 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse Infinity in 2.0 chassis + Jay's Audio LPS 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 7 minutes ago
- › Somic v2 Headphone Review by mark2410 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...