Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1607post #24091 of 343422/7/13 at 5:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24092 of 343422/7/13 at 6:34am
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. I have a pair of B&W CM-1s. ManyThanks.
Edited by bowtung - 2/7/13 at 7:04ampost #24093 of 343422/7/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by bowtung
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. ManyThanks.
congrats! u should be fine with that DAC and the WA2 is a very good pre-amp!post #24094 of 343422/7/13 at 8:53amQuote:
My current favorite tube combo for LCD2 is 6DR7 witth 596 I don't get to listen to Sophia much after 596 :)
anyone can recommand a good dac to go with WA6SE? I don't get to have good luck with M1DAC (second defective one which is going back again for refund or replacement)
Even though I got a decent deal and great service, I don't think this dac is meant to be mine lol. my budget would be less than 6~800. I was thinking about Yulong D18, Should I get a cheap dac and save up for W4S DAC2 or Oppo 105 or other expensive dac. I think I can still get replacement M1DAC though(third time's a charm maybe???)post #24095 of 343422/7/13 at 10:55ampost #24096 of 343422/7/13 at 11:04ampost #24097 of 343422/7/13 at 11:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
i had that same combination (AKG K70x with WA6-SE) and never found the combination to be bright or harsh. try using sylvania or raytheon 6EW7 (open sounding tube with smooth highs) or 6DR7 with sophia and tell me what u think about that combination, i found it absolutely amazing. i found the bass very satisfying as well with the WA6-SE.
I see... Dunno.. Is that a possibility that my amp has a defect or something? I am completely new with audio world. As really, the brightness can cause an unpleasant feeling sometimes. I'll try the tube you suggesting. :)post #24098 of 343422/7/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Or 15 WA22 buyers
I'll take two 2399s! I have a few pair of TS5998 now and I like them, so if you are serious about these tubes being TS2399, then count me in and put me down for two.post #24099 of 343422/7/13 at 8:39pmpost #24100 of 343422/7/13 at 8:57pmpost #24101 of 343422/7/13 at 10:26pm
@ Ultrainferno: I say we move to promote/pre-order the next 30 days to get an indication. Even someone like me sitting out on the curb with no use whatsoever for the '2399' (not true) might even jump in to push sales forward.post #24102 of 343422/8/13 at 12:18amQuote:
I'll call the tube guy next week and get back to you with price etc.
@Bob & Ben: The Chatham 2399 = Tung Sol 5998.post #24103 of 343422/8/13 at 2:58am
If the price is right, I may be in. :)post #24104 of 343422/8/13 at 5:50ampost #24105 of 343422/8/13 at 6:26amQuote:
Ready for the snow??? As much as I like the TS5998, I prefer the TS7236 a little more.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › New headphone amplifier from Bryston 13 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 17 seconds ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 44 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3