Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
Every now and then I get a pleasant surprise in the form of an email inquiring about my interest in reviewing a product. And this was most certainly the case with Unique Innovation...
FiiO x5iii Many times, there is trepidation when you sign up for a possible tour review, at least for me. Your hope is to not only be chosen, but to give an open honest review, under the...
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1607post #24091 of 392862/7/13 at 5:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24092 of 392862/7/13 at 6:34am
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. I have a pair of B&W CM-1s. ManyThanks.
Edited by bowtung - 2/7/13 at 7:04ampost #24093 of 392862/7/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by bowtung
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. ManyThanks.
congrats! u should be fine with that DAC and the WA2 is a very good pre-amp!post #24094 of 392862/7/13 at 8:53amQuote:
My current favorite tube combo for LCD2 is 6DR7 witth 596 I don't get to listen to Sophia much after 596 :)
anyone can recommand a good dac to go with WA6SE? I don't get to have good luck with M1DAC (second defective one which is going back again for refund or replacement)
Even though I got a decent deal and great service, I don't think this dac is meant to be mine lol. my budget would be less than 6~800. I was thinking about Yulong D18, Should I get a cheap dac and save up for W4S DAC2 or Oppo 105 or other expensive dac. I think I can still get replacement M1DAC though(third time's a charm maybe???)post #24095 of 392862/7/13 at 10:55ampost #24096 of 392862/7/13 at 11:04ampost #24097 of 392862/7/13 at 11:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
i had that same combination (AKG K70x with WA6-SE) and never found the combination to be bright or harsh. try using sylvania or raytheon 6EW7 (open sounding tube with smooth highs) or 6DR7 with sophia and tell me what u think about that combination, i found it absolutely amazing. i found the bass very satisfying as well with the WA6-SE.
I see... Dunno.. Is that a possibility that my amp has a defect or something? I am completely new with audio world. As really, the brightness can cause an unpleasant feeling sometimes. I'll try the tube you suggesting. :)post #24098 of 392862/7/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Or 15 WA22 buyers
I'll take two 2399s! I have a few pair of TS5998 now and I like them, so if you are serious about these tubes being TS2399, then count me in and put me down for two.post #24099 of 392862/7/13 at 8:39pmpost #24100 of 392862/7/13 at 8:57pmpost #24101 of 392862/7/13 at 10:26pm
@ Ultrainferno: I say we move to promote/pre-order the next 30 days to get an indication. Even someone like me sitting out on the curb with no use whatsoever for the '2399' (not true) might even jump in to push sales forward.post #24102 of 392862/8/13 at 12:18amQuote:
I'll call the tube guy next week and get back to you with price etc.
@Bob & Ben: The Chatham 2399 = Tung Sol 5998.post #24103 of 392862/8/13 at 2:58am
If the price is right, I may be in. :)post #24104 of 392862/8/13 at 5:50ampost #24105 of 392862/8/13 at 6:26amQuote:
Ready for the snow??? As much as I like the TS5998, I prefer the TS7236 a little more.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › WIN A FIDUE SIRIUS / SILVERFI IEM-X / TOXIC SILVER WIDOW -... 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 3 minutes ago
- › New to the forum and looking for an amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Keep 650's or upgrade to Elear or better amp? 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear