Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
As list in the summary, I don't like this product, and I will not buy any product from Philips because of the post-sale service. After I tried replacing all of the ear-pieces in the box, I...
Introduction – When I was first looking into a set of computer speakers, many brands tickled my ear but few really caught my eye. Edifier are a perfect example of a brand renowned for their...
Mine developed a noisy right channel after a relatively short time. Cambridge Tech support was poor and customer support was just as bad. This company is pennywise and pound foolish and should...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1607post #24091 of 384252/7/13 at 5:03am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24092 of 384252/7/13 at 6:34am
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. I have a pair of B&W CM-1s. ManyThanks.
Edited by bowtung - 2/7/13 at 7:04ampost #24093 of 384252/7/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by bowtung
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. ManyThanks.
congrats! u should be fine with that DAC and the WA2 is a very good pre-amp!post #24094 of 384252/7/13 at 8:53amQuote:
My current favorite tube combo for LCD2 is 6DR7 witth 596 I don't get to listen to Sophia much after 596 :)
anyone can recommand a good dac to go with WA6SE? I don't get to have good luck with M1DAC (second defective one which is going back again for refund or replacement)
Even though I got a decent deal and great service, I don't think this dac is meant to be mine lol. my budget would be less than 6~800. I was thinking about Yulong D18, Should I get a cheap dac and save up for W4S DAC2 or Oppo 105 or other expensive dac. I think I can still get replacement M1DAC though(third time's a charm maybe???)post #24095 of 384252/7/13 at 10:55ampost #24096 of 384252/7/13 at 11:04ampost #24097 of 384252/7/13 at 11:51amQuote:Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl
i had that same combination (AKG K70x with WA6-SE) and never found the combination to be bright or harsh. try using sylvania or raytheon 6EW7 (open sounding tube with smooth highs) or 6DR7 with sophia and tell me what u think about that combination, i found it absolutely amazing. i found the bass very satisfying as well with the WA6-SE.
I see... Dunno.. Is that a possibility that my amp has a defect or something? I am completely new with audio world. As really, the brightness can cause an unpleasant feeling sometimes. I'll try the tube you suggesting. :)post #24098 of 384252/7/13 at 3:30pmQuote:
Or 15 WA22 buyers
I'll take two 2399s! I have a few pair of TS5998 now and I like them, so if you are serious about these tubes being TS2399, then count me in and put me down for two.post #24099 of 384252/7/13 at 8:39pmpost #24100 of 384252/7/13 at 8:57pmpost #24101 of 384252/7/13 at 10:26pm
@ Ultrainferno: I say we move to promote/pre-order the next 30 days to get an indication. Even someone like me sitting out on the curb with no use whatsoever for the '2399' (not true) might even jump in to push sales forward.post #24102 of 384252/8/13 at 12:18amQuote:
I'll call the tube guy next week and get back to you with price etc.
@Bob & Ben: The Chatham 2399 = Tung Sol 5998.post #24103 of 384252/8/13 at 2:58am
If the price is right, I may be in. :)post #24104 of 384252/8/13 at 5:50ampost #24105 of 384252/8/13 at 6:26amQuote:
Ready for the snow??? As much as I like the TS5998, I prefer the TS7236 a little more.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Home-Made IEMs 22 seconds ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 3 minutes ago
- › B&W P7 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 7 minutes ago
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Malfunkt
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by bhazard
- › Brainwavz Jive by B9Scrambler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...