Recent Images In This Thread
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/10/14
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1607
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. I have a pair of B&W CM-1s. ManyThanks.
Edited by bowtung - 2/7/13 at 7:04am
I've finally decided to pull the plug for the Woo Audio WA2, I chose it over the WA6SE cause I like the sweeter tube sound, and also the fact that I can use it as a preamp as well. Currently I have a Musical Fidelity M1DAC, do you guys think it would be a good pairing with WA2, or should i probably get a new DAC? Also, do you guys have any experience in pairing the WA2 with power amps? I'm thinking a tube preamp and a SS power amp would be a very good match. ManyThanks.
congrats! u should be fine with that DAC and the WA2 is a very good pre-amp!
My current favorite tube combo for LCD2 is 6DR7 witth 596 I don't get to listen to Sophia much after 596 :)
anyone can recommand a good dac to go with WA6SE? I don't get to have good luck with M1DAC (second defective one which is going back again for refund or replacement)
Even though I got a decent deal and great service, I don't think this dac is meant to be mine lol. my budget would be less than 6~800. I was thinking about Yulong D18, Should I get a cheap dac and save up for W4S DAC2 or Oppo 105 or other expensive dac. I think I can still get replacement M1DAC though(third time's a charm maybe???)
i had that same combination (AKG K70x with WA6-SE) and never found the combination to be bright or harsh. try using sylvania or raytheon 6EW7 (open sounding tube with smooth highs) or 6DR7 with sophia and tell me what u think about that combination, i found it absolutely amazing. i found the bass very satisfying as well with the WA6-SE.
I see... Dunno.. Is that a possibility that my amp has a defect or something? I am completely new with audio world. As really, the brightness can cause an unpleasant feeling sometimes. I'll try the tube you suggesting. :)
Or 15 WA22 buyers
I'll take two 2399s! I have a few pair of TS5998 now and I like them, so if you are serious about these tubes being TS2399, then count me in and put me down for two.
@ Ultrainferno: I say we move to promote/pre-order the next 30 days to get an indication. Even someone like me sitting out on the curb with no use whatsoever for the '2399' (not true) might even jump in to push sales forward.
I'll call the tube guy next week and get back to you with price etc.
@Bob & Ben: The Chatham 2399 = Tung Sol 5998.
If the price is right, I may be in. :)
Ready for the snow??? As much as I like the TS5998, I prefer the TS7236 a little more.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Denon AH-D7000 25 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Best MUSIC SERVER: WEISS 301, Aurender, LUMIN.... ? HELP ! 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ath m50x or beats solo2 ? 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD600 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)