WA22 is a excellent amp for it $$$.. worth every penny...excellent with LCD-3 but you might want a better dac than essence one . I used the use the essence one as well but I was not really please with the sound. I upgrade to a NAD M51 and it was like night and day... I than went on and upgrade all the critical parts in the WA22 with top tier part like V-Cap and blackgates and OMG.... now my LCD-3 sound like HD800 with better bass. I am quite please with this setup so far.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
1) Disclaimer: A big thanks to Charles and Burson for offering me a review sample of the V5i dual op-amps in exchange for my honest opinion on them. No other compensation was offered or implied....
Being a tester and owner of many digital portable players , I had to participate to the head-fi review tour for Soundaware, especially since all the players of the brand have interested me for...
Unboxing and Packaging The ShareMe 5 arrived in a box that looks similar to the ShareMe Pro, but thicker. The packing inside is slightly nicer looking. The plastic container holding the...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1601post #24001 of 389452/1/13 at 5:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24002 of 389452/1/13 at 6:46am
While WA22 can definitely drives the LCDs with 7236/5998 power tubes, especially when your source is hot but it does seem a little lacking compare to other amps. Like beta22. LF, just my 2 cents.post #24003 of 389452/1/13 at 6:52amQuote:
that's part of the reason I ordered the Mjolnir SS amp.....I am looking hard at LCD3's being a second set of phonespost #24004 of 389452/1/13 at 7:53amQuote:
Friday Sake time!
Your balanced beta22 is daBomb! I listened to my se b22 last night with the DT770 32 ohms Anniversary Edition. Nice. Actually the b22 is nice with all of my headphones. :)post #24005 of 389452/1/13 at 8:23amQuote:
Thx, I really need a drink now, it is 5pm somewhere. Corey does a really good job on the beta22, wish i have more time with it. it is been sitting idle for three weeks.post #24006 of 389452/1/13 at 9:13amThis may be considered apostacy, but I'm looking at installing something like the crack speedball constant current source (CCS) load for the power tube in my WA3+. Has anyone added CCS to any of their OTL Woos?post #24007 of 389452/1/13 at 9:46am
You can't go wrong either way. If I had to chose I'd pick the HD800. When you roll the right tubes, the hd800 is not a slouch in the low end as some might claim. Acoustic jazz bass sounds phenomenal.
However with Rock music the wa22 lcd2 combo is pretty epic.post #24008 of 389452/1/13 at 10:34amQuote:
The C4S (Speedball) schematic is out there and very easy to build or make a PCB for, but has anyone traced out the schematic for the WA3 to figure out what connection points would be used to install it? I dont have one otherwise I would have already! Looking for a used one to pick up in fact, there just doesnt seem to be many available.post #24009 of 389452/1/13 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by jc9394Quote:
Thx, I really need a drink now, it is 5pm somewhere. Corey does a really good job on the beta22, wish i have more time with it. it is been sitting idle for three weeks.
Did you successfully Childproof your WA22?post #24010 of 389452/1/13 at 11:29am
unfortunately not yet, she still like to turn knobs and push switches. the beta is high up that she can't reach it. i hope the WA22 can come out and play really soon, missed it so much especially on a cold winter night.post #24011 of 389452/1/13 at 6:36pmpost #24012 of 389452/1/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
Peter, are you still enjoying the W4S DAC2?post #24013 of 389452/1/13 at 7:51pmpost #24014 of 389452/1/13 at 8:16pm
So i've had my black 6SE about 2 weeks.
what the hell with all the dust!?!?
i knew there'd be dust
but crap i didn't expect this
I do like the color, but i had no idea how much dust the silver was hiding
anybody by chance heard the new PS Audio dac that they replaced the DLIII with?post #24015 of 389452/1/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
there some comments on the thread for it, but i don't think many people have it yet. or people are just rather saving up for the PWD rather than buying the new DAC
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › NG Audio - new high-end IEM and CIEM company with some pretty... 18 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 26 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Closed Headphone for Outdoor Use 1 minute ago
- › Phonak Audeo (PFE) Thread 1 minute ago
- › first post. best place to buy 24 / 96 music, especially classical... 2 minutes ago
- › Anything have more soundstage than a Q701? 2 minutes ago
- › I can't decide between the SMSL SD793-II and the FIIO E10K 2 minutes ago
- › ADEL™ Drum Earbuds 3 minutes ago
- › Stax: SR 002 + Srm 002 and Srm 003 mk2 + Srm 003 impression and... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Elephone Whisper by mark2410
- › OPPO PM-1 by maxh22
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by rebbi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...