WA22 is a excellent amp for it $$$.. worth every penny...excellent with LCD-3 but you might want a better dac than essence one . I used the use the essence one as well but I was not really please with the sound. I upgrade to a NAD M51 and it was like night and day... I than went on and upgrade all the critical parts in the WA22 with top tier part like V-Cap and blackgates and OMG.... now my LCD-3 sound like HD800 with better bass. I am quite please with this setup so far.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1601
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #24002 of 319192/1/13 at 6:46am
While WA22 can definitely drives the LCDs with 7236/5998 power tubes, especially when your source is hot but it does seem a little lacking compare to other amps. Like beta22. LF, just my 2 cents.post #24003 of 319192/1/13 at 6:52amQuote:
that's part of the reason I ordered the Mjolnir SS amp.....I am looking hard at LCD3's being a second set of phonespost #24004 of 319192/1/13 at 7:53amQuote:
Friday Sake time!
Your balanced beta22 is daBomb! I listened to my se b22 last night with the DT770 32 ohms Anniversary Edition. Nice. Actually the b22 is nice with all of my headphones. :)post #24005 of 319192/1/13 at 8:23amQuote:
Thx, I really need a drink now, it is 5pm somewhere. Corey does a really good job on the beta22, wish i have more time with it. it is been sitting idle for three weeks.post #24006 of 319192/1/13 at 9:13amThis may be considered apostacy, but I'm looking at installing something like the crack speedball constant current source (CCS) load for the power tube in my WA3+. Has anyone added CCS to any of their OTL Woos?post #24007 of 319192/1/13 at 9:46am
You can't go wrong either way. If I had to chose I'd pick the HD800. When you roll the right tubes, the hd800 is not a slouch in the low end as some might claim. Acoustic jazz bass sounds phenomenal.
However with Rock music the wa22 lcd2 combo is pretty epic.post #24008 of 319192/1/13 at 10:34amQuote:
The C4S (Speedball) schematic is out there and very easy to build or make a PCB for, but has anyone traced out the schematic for the WA3 to figure out what connection points would be used to install it? I dont have one otherwise I would have already! Looking for a used one to pick up in fact, there just doesnt seem to be many available.post #24009 of 319192/1/13 at 11:11amQuote:Originally Posted by jc9394Quote:
Thx, I really need a drink now, it is 5pm somewhere. Corey does a really good job on the beta22, wish i have more time with it. it is been sitting idle for three weeks.
Did you successfully Childproof your WA22?post #24010 of 319192/1/13 at 11:29am
unfortunately not yet, she still like to turn knobs and push switches. the beta is high up that she can't reach it. i hope the WA22 can come out and play really soon, missed it so much especially on a cold winter night.post #24011 of 319192/1/13 at 6:36pmpost #24012 of 319192/1/13 at 7:46pmQuote:
Peter, are you still enjoying the W4S DAC2?post #24013 of 319192/1/13 at 7:51pmpost #24014 of 319192/1/13 at 8:16pm
So i've had my black 6SE about 2 weeks.
what the hell with all the dust!?!?
i knew there'd be dust
but crap i didn't expect this
I do like the color, but i had no idea how much dust the silver was hiding
anybody by chance heard the new PS Audio dac that they replaced the DLIII with?post #24015 of 319192/1/13 at 8:24pmQuote:
there some comments on the thread for it, but i don't think many people have it yet. or people are just rather saving up for the PWD rather than buying the new DAC
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV just now
- › Best audiophile metal and rock albums 23 seconds ago
- › Official Free FLAC File Music Sharing Thread 43 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › Momentum replacements 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 4 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 5 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E10 or Sennheiser CX 300-ii? 6 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)