Please don't tell us stuff like that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1600post #23986 of 392571/31/13 at 8:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23987 of 392571/31/13 at 8:20amQuote:
Ouch. Still love the 596, even at it's new price. Would have bought a crate of them for $8post #23988 of 392571/31/13 at 8:44ampost #23989 of 392571/31/13 at 9:01am
That makes sense but I've seen some crazy price increases on tubes that became suddenly popular.
Certainly no regrets at $80 - the 596 hasn't been out of the WA6-SE since it arrived. It's also been a good match with the 6GL7s which I never found appealing with other rectifiers. The 596/6GL7 may be the most powerful tube combo available for the WA6-SE and has been a fantastic combination for the LCD3s.post #23990 of 392571/31/13 at 9:07ampost #23991 of 392571/31/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Initially, I spotted prices in the wild between $8-$13...oh, and I got in early.post #23992 of 392571/31/13 at 5:53pmpost #23993 of 392571/31/13 at 9:17pm
Has anyone here tested Asus' Xonar Essence One? (possibly with hd800s)
I'm thinking of upgrading to a tube amp, possibly WA2.. or if i can aim higher a WA22.
How much of a difference really is there going from a low-mid end amp to something like WA22 (considering a good dac is used)?post #23994 of 392571/31/13 at 11:10pm
i don't think you'd get the best out of the HD 800s if u get the essence one.
the WA2 sounds great with the HD 800s and the WA22 is well known to be an amazing pair with the HD 800s
guessing, i would say the difference between essence one and WA2 is huge, and then a smaller but still noticeable difference jumping up to the WA22post #23995 of 392571/31/13 at 11:54pmpost #23996 of 392572/1/13 at 1:33ampost #23997 of 392572/1/13 at 5:01ampost #23998 of 392572/1/13 at 5:03ampost #23999 of 392572/1/13 at 5:23ampost #24000 of 392572/1/13 at 5:38am
my HD800's are spectacular with the WA22...they still retain all the qualities that make them fantastic: accurate, open, wide soundstage, crystal clear highs, no veil whatsoever, etc. The WA22 adds just a touch a warmth-nothing that would color the music, but just enhances the low end. Perfect!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX200 Firmware Modification Project 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH-X00 Mahogany Boxed Excellent Condition 2 minutes ago
- › FS: Audeze Deckard DAC/Amp 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear