Please don't tell us stuff like that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1600post #23986 of 382141/31/13 at 8:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23987 of 382141/31/13 at 8:20amQuote:
Ouch. Still love the 596, even at it's new price. Would have bought a crate of them for $8post #23988 of 382141/31/13 at 8:44ampost #23989 of 382141/31/13 at 9:01am
That makes sense but I've seen some crazy price increases on tubes that became suddenly popular.
Certainly no regrets at $80 - the 596 hasn't been out of the WA6-SE since it arrived. It's also been a good match with the 6GL7s which I never found appealing with other rectifiers. The 596/6GL7 may be the most powerful tube combo available for the WA6-SE and has been a fantastic combination for the LCD3s.post #23990 of 382141/31/13 at 9:07ampost #23991 of 382141/31/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Initially, I spotted prices in the wild between $8-$13...oh, and I got in early.post #23992 of 382141/31/13 at 5:53pmpost #23993 of 382141/31/13 at 9:17pm
Has anyone here tested Asus' Xonar Essence One? (possibly with hd800s)
I'm thinking of upgrading to a tube amp, possibly WA2.. or if i can aim higher a WA22.
How much of a difference really is there going from a low-mid end amp to something like WA22 (considering a good dac is used)?post #23994 of 382141/31/13 at 11:10pm
i don't think you'd get the best out of the HD 800s if u get the essence one.
the WA2 sounds great with the HD 800s and the WA22 is well known to be an amazing pair with the HD 800s
guessing, i would say the difference between essence one and WA2 is huge, and then a smaller but still noticeable difference jumping up to the WA22post #23995 of 382141/31/13 at 11:54pmpost #23996 of 382142/1/13 at 1:33ampost #23997 of 382142/1/13 at 5:01ampost #23998 of 382142/1/13 at 5:03ampost #23999 of 382142/1/13 at 5:23ampost #24000 of 382142/1/13 at 5:38am
my HD800's are spectacular with the WA22...they still retain all the qualities that make them fantastic: accurate, open, wide soundstage, crystal clear highs, no veil whatsoever, etc. The WA22 adds just a touch a warmth-nothing that would color the music, but just enhances the low end. Perfect!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › Chord DAVE DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Considering moving on from ATH-M50 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 5 minutes ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 12 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 13 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 16 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...