Please don't tell us stuff like that
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 12/9/13 at 3:56am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3 or WA6 for HD 700? Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/18/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1600post #23986 of 290581/31/13 at 8:00am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #23987 of 290581/31/13 at 8:20amQuote:
Ouch. Still love the 596, even at it's new price. Would have bought a crate of them for $8post #23988 of 290581/31/13 at 8:44ampost #23989 of 290581/31/13 at 9:01am
That makes sense but I've seen some crazy price increases on tubes that became suddenly popular.
Certainly no regrets at $80 - the 596 hasn't been out of the WA6-SE since it arrived. It's also been a good match with the 6GL7s which I never found appealing with other rectifiers. The 596/6GL7 may be the most powerful tube combo available for the WA6-SE and has been a fantastic combination for the LCD3s.post #23990 of 290581/31/13 at 9:07ampost #23991 of 290581/31/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Initially, I spotted prices in the wild between $8-$13...oh, and I got in early.post #23992 of 290581/31/13 at 5:53pmpost #23993 of 290581/31/13 at 9:17pm
Has anyone here tested Asus' Xonar Essence One? (possibly with hd800s)
I'm thinking of upgrading to a tube amp, possibly WA2.. or if i can aim higher a WA22.
How much of a difference really is there going from a low-mid end amp to something like WA22 (considering a good dac is used)?post #23994 of 290581/31/13 at 11:10pm
i don't think you'd get the best out of the HD 800s if u get the essence one.
the WA2 sounds great with the HD 800s and the WA22 is well known to be an amazing pair with the HD 800s
guessing, i would say the difference between essence one and WA2 is huge, and then a smaller but still noticeable difference jumping up to the WA22post #23995 of 290581/31/13 at 11:54pmpost #23996 of 290582/1/13 at 1:33ampost #23997 of 290582/1/13 at 5:01ampost #23998 of 290582/1/13 at 5:03ampost #23999 of 290582/1/13 at 5:23ampost #24000 of 290582/1/13 at 5:38am
my HD800's are spectacular with the WA22...they still retain all the qualities that make them fantastic: accurate, open, wide soundstage, crystal clear highs, no veil whatsoever, etc. The WA22 adds just a touch a warmth-nothing that would color the music, but just enhances the low end. Perfect!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis meet Jan 26, 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Bravo Audio - funny looking little tube amps 3 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › PSA - W3s on sale for $139.99!! 6 minutes ago
- › the CTH (Compact Tube Hybrid) Rev A thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital