Please don't tell us stuff like that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
I bought these (at £150) expecting much but was shocked by how far they fell short of even competency. They are very uncomfortable, badly designed and the sound is really nothing special. Whatever...
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1600post #23986 of 386311/31/13 at 8:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23987 of 386311/31/13 at 8:20amQuote:
Ouch. Still love the 596, even at it's new price. Would have bought a crate of them for $8post #23988 of 386311/31/13 at 8:44ampost #23989 of 386311/31/13 at 9:01am
That makes sense but I've seen some crazy price increases on tubes that became suddenly popular.
Certainly no regrets at $80 - the 596 hasn't been out of the WA6-SE since it arrived. It's also been a good match with the 6GL7s which I never found appealing with other rectifiers. The 596/6GL7 may be the most powerful tube combo available for the WA6-SE and has been a fantastic combination for the LCD3s.post #23990 of 386311/31/13 at 9:07ampost #23991 of 386311/31/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Initially, I spotted prices in the wild between $8-$13...oh, and I got in early.post #23992 of 386311/31/13 at 5:53pmpost #23993 of 386311/31/13 at 9:17pm
Has anyone here tested Asus' Xonar Essence One? (possibly with hd800s)
I'm thinking of upgrading to a tube amp, possibly WA2.. or if i can aim higher a WA22.
How much of a difference really is there going from a low-mid end amp to something like WA22 (considering a good dac is used)?post #23994 of 386311/31/13 at 11:10pm
i don't think you'd get the best out of the HD 800s if u get the essence one.
the WA2 sounds great with the HD 800s and the WA22 is well known to be an amazing pair with the HD 800s
guessing, i would say the difference between essence one and WA2 is huge, and then a smaller but still noticeable difference jumping up to the WA22post #23995 of 386311/31/13 at 11:54pmpost #23996 of 386312/1/13 at 1:33ampost #23997 of 386312/1/13 at 5:01ampost #23998 of 386312/1/13 at 5:03ampost #23999 of 386312/1/13 at 5:23ampost #24000 of 386312/1/13 at 5:38am
my HD800's are spectacular with the WA22...they still retain all the qualities that make them fantastic: accurate, open, wide soundstage, crystal clear highs, no veil whatsoever, etc. The WA22 adds just a touch a warmth-nothing that would color the music, but just enhances the low end. Perfect!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Band Name Game II 36 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Don't like ATH-M50x... how to change them? 3 minutes ago
- › SchiitShow 2: This Changes Everything 4 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R1 Headphones by Mr Vicarious
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...