Please don't tell us stuff like that
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1600post #23986 of 389431/31/13 at 8:00am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23987 of 389431/31/13 at 8:20amQuote:
Ouch. Still love the 596, even at it's new price. Would have bought a crate of them for $8post #23988 of 389431/31/13 at 8:44ampost #23989 of 389431/31/13 at 9:01am
That makes sense but I've seen some crazy price increases on tubes that became suddenly popular.
Certainly no regrets at $80 - the 596 hasn't been out of the WA6-SE since it arrived. It's also been a good match with the 6GL7s which I never found appealing with other rectifiers. The 596/6GL7 may be the most powerful tube combo available for the WA6-SE and has been a fantastic combination for the LCD3s.post #23990 of 389431/31/13 at 9:07ampost #23991 of 389431/31/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
Initially, I spotted prices in the wild between $8-$13...oh, and I got in early.post #23992 of 389431/31/13 at 5:53pmpost #23993 of 389431/31/13 at 9:17pm
Has anyone here tested Asus' Xonar Essence One? (possibly with hd800s)
I'm thinking of upgrading to a tube amp, possibly WA2.. or if i can aim higher a WA22.
How much of a difference really is there going from a low-mid end amp to something like WA22 (considering a good dac is used)?post #23994 of 389431/31/13 at 11:10pm
i don't think you'd get the best out of the HD 800s if u get the essence one.
the WA2 sounds great with the HD 800s and the WA22 is well known to be an amazing pair with the HD 800s
guessing, i would say the difference between essence one and WA2 is huge, and then a smaller but still noticeable difference jumping up to the WA22post #23995 of 389431/31/13 at 11:54pmpost #23996 of 389432/1/13 at 1:33ampost #23997 of 389432/1/13 at 5:01ampost #23998 of 389432/1/13 at 5:03ampost #23999 of 389432/1/13 at 5:23ampost #24000 of 389432/1/13 at 5:38am
my HD800's are spectacular with the WA22...they still retain all the qualities that make them fantastic: accurate, open, wide soundstage, crystal clear highs, no veil whatsoever, etc. The WA22 adds just a touch a warmth-nothing that would color the music, but just enhances the low end. Perfect!
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 38 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › HD 800 (really considering it) 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Michelle - New Affordable Triple Driver IEM! 2 minutes ago
- › LF Recommendation - closed-back circumaural, ~$100, for... 2 minutes ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 3 minutes ago
- › The decline of the forum signature 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...