- 121 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Melbourne
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 1/20/13 at 2:22am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube Amp Reccomendations for HE-500s and DT-880s Last post on 4/7/13 at 2:16pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
I used this amp mainly with a pair of HD 650 and it does what it is supposed to do: it has way more power than I need, it's quiet and it makes everything sound in its place. I have never heard...
I bought these headphones just for the fun of it, to see how they sound with all that apparently amazing bass. Well, for $50, they're ok sounding for extra bass headphones. They do have a...
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1599
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Good across the frequency range, Live Sounding, Full ”“Exciting, bold sound with great bass, engaging mids, and mostly smooth highs, ”
- Pros:“Powerful and affordable”“Powerful, clean output with slight warmth, small footprint, value for money, drives most headphones, nice connectability with E7”
I recently picked up a Rolls - works great, and very affordable. (I have the same cart, matter of fact)
Ever look into a vintage receiver? I use a Marantz 2265B with tape loop out to WA22.
I have a couple. But i've never had great success using the tape loop with another amp on them. Its like it congests the sound or something. hard to put my finger on. Thats always been with tape loop from aux or tape in. Have never tried the phono from tape loop
Whoops... sorry... meant to quote.
If your receiver has an independent Preamp section and independent Amp section, you should hear better sound using them instead of Tape Loop In/Out to your Woo.
I tried the tape loop for the phono and i get nothing. It works with other sources but not for phono. not sure how that works or doesn't i guess.
The marantz sounds good with teh LCD2. Just not a good as the 6SE. I'll just save for a phono stage. I'll check out those mentioned. The cambridge azur ones caught my eye as well
Woo guys: has anyone here spent any time comparing the WA3 to the Bottlehead Crack in particular with the HD-650's? I'm going back and forth on the two and wanted to hear some opinions on the sound of the two compared to one another.
Who has purchased the WA7 (Fireflies) and any impressions on it if you have? Also who is in possession of other new products like the WDS-1 and the WTP-1? I'd like to hear about the new Woosies.
And to think that they were selling for $8 a piece about a year ago.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 2 minutes ago
- › Cannot Insert an Image 2 minutes ago
- › HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE! 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 15 or 16/6/13 3 minutes ago
- › Auditioned HD650 and LCD-2 4 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-Sigma Pro completly original!!! 5 minutes ago
- › New high-end headphone amps: Vorzuge VorzAMPpure and VorzAMPduo... 5 minutes ago
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp (80 Hours from a Single Charge!)... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe