- 399 Posts. Joined 12/2012
- Location: Melbourne
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
I was excited to be approached by world famous cable artisan company 'Effect Audio' and asked me to provide a review of their recently released Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable. This cable is...
This is my second attempt at using a portable amp (I returned my Fiio E12A for this). That was a good decision. The Cayin C5 is an absolute powerhouse. It can power IEM's and earbuds...
Introduction/Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for purpose of this review. I...
I've become a big fan of wireless headphones over the years with aptx codec, bluetooth 4.0 technology, and li-ion batteries becoming the standard. This allows more of the battery to be dedicated to...
Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am I seeking a sound that will draw me...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1599post #23971 of 384431/28/13 at 4:39pmIt's a PP-1, and your cart is an MM,
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23972 of 384431/28/13 at 4:52pmQuote:
I recently picked up a Rolls - works great, and very affordable. (I have the same cart, matter of fact)post #23973 of 384431/28/13 at 6:00pmpost #23974 of 384431/29/13 at 4:16amQuote:
Ever look into a vintage receiver? I use a Marantz 2265B with tape loop out to WA22.post #23975 of 384431/29/13 at 7:07am
I have a couple. But i've never had great success using the tape loop with another amp on them. Its like it congests the sound or something. hard to put my finger on. Thats always been with tape loop from aux or tape in. Have never tried the phono from tape looppost #23976 of 384431/29/13 at 5:01pmpost #23977 of 384431/29/13 at 5:07pmQuote:
Whoops... sorry... meant to quote.post #23978 of 384431/29/13 at 10:46pmQuote:
If your receiver has an independent Preamp section and independent Amp section, you should hear better sound using them instead of Tape Loop In/Out to your Woo.post #23979 of 384431/30/13 at 4:10pm
I tried the tape loop for the phono and i get nothing. It works with other sources but not for phono. not sure how that works or doesn't i guess.
The marantz sounds good with teh LCD2. Just not a good as the 6SE. I'll just save for a phono stage. I'll check out those mentioned. The cambridge azur ones caught my eye as wellpost #23980 of 384431/30/13 at 7:59pm
Woo guys: has anyone here spent any time comparing the WA3 to the Bottlehead Crack in particular with the HD-650's? I'm going back and forth on the two and wanted to hear some opinions on the sound of the two compared to one another.post #23981 of 384431/30/13 at 8:24pm
Who has purchased the WA7 (Fireflies) and any impressions on it if you have? Also who is in possession of other new products like the WDS-1 and the WTP-1? I'd like to hear about the new Woosies.post #23982 of 384431/30/13 at 8:45pmpost #23983 of 384431/30/13 at 8:50pmpost #23984 of 384431/31/13 at 6:45ampost #23985 of 384431/31/13 at 7:44amQuote:
And to think that they were selling for $8 a piece about a year ago.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 19 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 42 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 1 minute ago
- › some questions 2 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 8 minutes ago
- › Stock HiFiMAN HE-6 with 2 extra cables 9 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Ares II + Plus Edition IEM cable by sonickarma
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Edifier S1000DB Audiophile Active Bookshelf Speakers - Bluetooth... by dnun8086
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones by Llloyd
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...