Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1597

post #23941 of 30824

Nice pair of Rectifiers! Congrats....

post #23942 of 30824

I was reaching out to the cosmos to help me decide which to buy but I got no guidance so I reach out again.

 

:-)

 

post #23943 of 30824

You'd never see a fine collection like thatrolleyes.gif @ the corner Stick-'em-up! You should pick one and flow...

 

My own circle is limited to French bubbly, Sparkling wines/Flat wines from around the Globe.


Edited by Silent One - 1/25/13 at 9:27pm
post #23944 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

You'd never see a fine collection like thatrolleyes.gif @ the corner Stick-'em-up! You should pick one and flow...

 

My own circle is limited to French bubbly, Sparkling wines/Flat wines from around the Globe.


And what a fine limitation you place yourself under, I'd say! Quality is what counts...

post #23945 of 30824
That is an impressive selection of rhymes-with-orangey. Alas, I'm not well versed in any but their most pedestrian ones.

I marked the 25th with this:

post #23946 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post
That is an impressive selection of rhymes-with-orangey. Alas, I'm not well versed in any but their most pedestrian ones.

 

Neither am I. I am merely following Ultrainferno's good advice... vice. ;-) I mean, recommendation. Be it for the mind, body, or soul; or ears and gut. He's the best.

post #23947 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

 

Neither am I. I am merely following Ultrainferno's good advice... vice. ;-) I mean, recommendation. Be it for the mind, body, or soul; or ears and gut. He's the best.

 

You're making me blush!

If you're in the mood for a Rusty Nail, try poring it over ice with the normal 12 yo green bottle Glenfiddich. Perfection. (hold the lime)

post #23948 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

I was reaching out to the cosmos to help me decide which to buy but I got no guidance so I reach out again. :-)

I'd recommend buying the something from Glengoyne, particularly the 21 y/o if you can find it. The 96 in your picture is another good choice and wont be available much longer. Glengoyne is a phenomenal producer, but has just recently been "discovered" by the masses and prices are going up, in some cases dramatically.

I've got about 200 bottles of scotch in the collection and Glengoyne has been my goto House for the last few years.
Edited by bfreedma - 1/26/13 at 5:55am
post #23949 of 30824

For some odd reason (mostly it is me being an AA), I can never keep my collection over 15-20 bottles.  biggrin.gif

 

I like the Japanese one lately, anyone tried them?

 

post #23950 of 30824

I like the Yamazaki line a lot, particularly the 18

 

Hikaru is also worth trying and not too hard to find.  It's a blended scotch.  Yoichi is another really good single malt producer if you luck into it somewhere.

post #23951 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

For some odd reason (mostly it is me being an AA), I can never keep my collection over 15-20 bottles.  biggrin.gif

I like the Japanese one lately, anyone tried them?



YES! Those are excellent. I've bought the 10 many times. I have a bottle of the 18 sitting here waiting to be opened ... but I'm in rationing mode since I can't buy it where I am, as far as I know. The 10 is lovely though.
post #23952 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

You're making me blush!

If you're in the mood for a Rusty Nail, try poring it over ice with the normal 12 yo green bottle Glenfiddich. Perfection. (hold the lime)

Drinking Rusty Nails make me blush.

I was at The Whiskey Shop and tried to email you that photo but it choked my iPhone.

So I left the store and had to go stand in front of a pizza shop 3 blocks away to finish the upload.

By then I just wanted to go home. So I did and promptly turned on my amp.

 

WA22 with stock Russian 5Z4 rectifier ...

AppleMark

post #23953 of 30824

Glenmorangie Nectar D'or

or just regular Glenmorangie.

The other glenmorngies aren't worth the extra price in my opinion.

or if you want smoke and peat try Laphroaig or Lagavulan.

And i agree with the Glenfiddich 12.  So good for the price

post #23954 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrbington View Post

Glenmorangie Nectar D'or
or just regular Glenmorangie.
The other glenmorngies aren't worth the extra price in my opinion.
or if you want smoke and peat try Laphroaig or Lagavulan.
And i agree with the Glenfiddich 12.  So good for the price

X2 on regular Glenmorangie.
post #23955 of 30824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

YES! Those are excellent. I've bought the 10 many times. I have a bottle of the 18 sitting here waiting to be opened ... but I'm in rationing mode since I can't buy it where I am, as far as I know. The 10 is lovely though.

If you think the 10/12 is good, wait til you open that 18. IMHO, it's one of the best 18 out there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite