Nice pair of Rectifiers! Congrats....
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on Yesterday at 3:56 am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3 or WA6 for HD 700? Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1597
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
You'd never see a fine collection like that @ the corner Stick-'em-up! You should pick one and flow...
My own circle is limited to French bubbly, Sparkling wines/Flat wines from around the Globe.
Edited by Silent One - 1/25/13 at 9:27pm
And what a fine limitation you place yourself under, I'd say! Quality is what counts...
I marked the 25th with this:
Neither am I. I am merely following Ultrainferno's good advice... vice. ;-) I mean, recommendation. Be it for the mind, body, or soul; or ears and gut. He's the best.
You're making me blush!
If you're in the mood for a Rusty Nail, try poring it over ice with the normal 12 yo green bottle Glenfiddich. Perfection. (hold the lime)
I'd recommend buying the something from Glengoyne, particularly the 21 y/o if you can find it. The 96 in your picture is another good choice and wont be available much longer. Glengoyne is a phenomenal producer, but has just recently been "discovered" by the masses and prices are going up, in some cases dramatically.
I've got about 200 bottles of scotch in the collection and Glengoyne has been my goto House for the last few years.
Edited by bfreedma - 1/26/13 at 5:55am
I like the Yamazaki line a lot, particularly the 18
Hikaru is also worth trying and not too hard to find. It's a blended scotch. Yoichi is another really good single malt producer if you luck into it somewhere.
YES! Those are excellent. I've bought the 10 many times. I have a bottle of the 18 sitting here waiting to be opened ... but I'm in rationing mode since I can't buy it where I am, as far as I know. The 10 is lovely though.
Drinking Rusty Nails make me blush.
I was at The Whiskey Shop and tried to email you that photo but it choked my iPhone.
So I left the store and had to go stand in front of a pizza shop 3 blocks away to finish the upload.
By then I just wanted to go home. So I did and promptly turned on my amp.
WA22 with stock Russian 5Z4 rectifier ...
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or
or just regular Glenmorangie.
The other glenmorngies aren't worth the extra price in my opinion.
or if you want smoke and peat try Laphroaig or Lagavulan.
And i agree with the Glenfiddich 12. So good for the price
X2 on regular Glenmorangie.
If you think the 10/12 is good, wait til you open that 18. IMHO, it's one of the best 18 out there.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Mundorf Zendo RCA - Rare silver&gold interconnect with special WBT... 27 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 32 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 46 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Over Ear & Open, Seriously Need Help Quick! 2 minutes ago
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi