Nice pair of Rectifiers! Congrats....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/30/15
Introduction: I received the Cayin N6 as a tour unit that was generously provided by CTC Audio. CTC Audio focuses on making brands that aren’t as accessible in North America, mostly from Asia,...
The Shure SE215 is the first IEM I owned and was the one that brought me in head-fi. I got mine for around $95 at the time after reading some reviews online here and there. Since then, I've learned...
The overall sound is similar to the Audeze LCD-2F - slightly on the warm side of neutral, but without the ultimate resolution the LCD-2F has. And easier to drive so you can plug them into your...
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1597post #23941 of 343461/25/13 at 8:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23942 of 343461/25/13 at 9:16pmpost #23943 of 343461/25/13 at 9:25pm
You'd never see a fine collection like that @ the corner Stick-'em-up! You should pick one and flow...
My own circle is limited to French bubbly, Sparkling wines/Flat wines from around the Globe.
Edited by Silent One - 1/25/13 at 9:27pmpost #23944 of 343461/25/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
And what a fine limitation you place yourself under, I'd say! Quality is what counts...post #23945 of 343461/25/13 at 9:55pmThat is an impressive selection of rhymes-with-orangey. Alas, I'm not well versed in any but their most pedestrian ones.
I marked the 25th with this:post #23946 of 343461/25/13 at 9:59pmQuote:
Neither am I. I am merely following Ultrainferno's good advice... vice. ;-) I mean, recommendation. Be it for the mind, body, or soul; or ears and gut. He's the best.post #23947 of 343461/26/13 at 3:03amQuote:
You're making me blush!
If you're in the mood for a Rusty Nail, try poring it over ice with the normal 12 yo green bottle Glenfiddich. Perfection. (hold the lime)post #23948 of 343461/26/13 at 5:36amQuote:
I'd recommend buying the something from Glengoyne, particularly the 21 y/o if you can find it. The 96 in your picture is another good choice and wont be available much longer. Glengoyne is a phenomenal producer, but has just recently been "discovered" by the masses and prices are going up, in some cases dramatically.
I've got about 200 bottles of scotch in the collection and Glengoyne has been my goto House for the last few years.
Edited by bfreedma - 1/26/13 at 5:55ampost #23949 of 343461/26/13 at 6:14ampost #23950 of 343461/26/13 at 6:23am
I like the Yamazaki line a lot, particularly the 18
Hikaru is also worth trying and not too hard to find. It's a blended scotch. Yoichi is another really good single malt producer if you luck into it somewhere.post #23951 of 343461/26/13 at 6:52amQuote:
YES! Those are excellent. I've bought the 10 many times. I have a bottle of the 18 sitting here waiting to be opened ... but I'm in rationing mode since I can't buy it where I am, as far as I know. The 10 is lovely though.post #23952 of 343461/26/13 at 6:58amQuote:
Drinking Rusty Nails make me blush.
I was at The Whiskey Shop and tried to email you that photo but it choked my iPhone.
So I left the store and had to go stand in front of a pizza shop 3 blocks away to finish the upload.
By then I just wanted to go home. So I did and promptly turned on my amp.
WA22 with stock Russian 5Z4 rectifier ...post #23953 of 343461/26/13 at 7:38am
Glenmorangie Nectar D'or
or just regular Glenmorangie.
The other glenmorngies aren't worth the extra price in my opinion.
or if you want smoke and peat try Laphroaig or Lagavulan.
And i agree with the Glenfiddich 12. So good for the pricepost #23954 of 343461/26/13 at 7:48amQuote:
X2 on regular Glenmorangie.post #23955 of 343461/26/13 at 7:50amQuote:
If you think the 10/12 is good, wait til you open that 18. IMHO, it's one of the best 18 out there.
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Looking for broken UM3X RC (with working right side) 40 seconds ago
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › WTB broken UM3X RC (with working right side) 1 minute ago
- › Best drug-related album/CD or most "trippy" CD/album... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless 5 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › VSONIC GR07 by MRC001
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3