Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1596

post #23926 of 30622

Why do you need a trade?  Why not sell your WA2 and buy a WA6SE?  Someone here just did that.

 

If you still have your WA6, sell that too.

post #23927 of 30622

^ yes you might be able to buy a used WA22 if you sell both WA2 and WA6 since used value of WA22 drops more than their lower WOOs somehow. Also you can keep power tube from WA2 and Rectifier from WA6 :)

BTW seems like I'll be joining 596 club :) Jack has 596's in stock along with adapters if anyone's still interersted  but missed group buy wink_face.gif


Edited by senson - 1/24/13 at 11:52am
post #23928 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibuckhobby View Post

OK fellow woosies...and "opinion poll/check".  What do you think the chances would be of someone trading a WA6SE for my WA2?

Love the way tthe 2 sounds, but am looking for the versatility of the 6 SE.  Or is this just a bad idea from the start?

tnx,

Hibuck....
 

 

someone out there might.

 

i personally enjoy having both amps wink.gif

post #23929 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by senson View Post

BTW seems like I'll be joining 596 club :) Jack has 596's in stock along with adapters if anyone's still interersted  but missed group buy wink_face.gif

 

grats!

 

r u pairing them with 6FD7 tubes, ive found that to be one of the best combinations for the LCD-2.

post #23930 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by senson View Post

^ yes you might be able to buy a used WA22 if you sell both WA2 and WA6 since used value of WA22 drops more than their lower WOOs somehow. Also you can keep power tube from WA2 and Rectifier from WA6 :)

BTW seems like I'll be joining 596 club :) Jack has 596's in stock along with adapters if anyone's still interested  but missed group buy wink_face.gif

 

Had it caught my attention that you were looking for a USAF-596, I would have mentioned that Jack had a few available wink.gif (he was a part of our group buy).

post #23931 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibuckhobby View Post

OK fellow woosies...and "opinion poll/check".  What do you think the chances would be of someone trading a WA6SE for my WA2?

Love the way tthe 2 sounds, but am looking for the versatility of the 6 SE.  Or is this just a bad idea from the start?

tnx,

Hibuck....
 

 

someone out there might.

 

i personally enjoy having both amps wink.gif

 

Wait, you're enjoying Peaches....and cream? Bon bon vie!

beerchug.gif

post #23932 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

grats!

 

r u pairing them with 6FD7 tubes, ive found that to be one of the best combinations for the LCD-2.

I will in few weeks :( My LCD2 went back to Audeze for repair(got cracked wood) I should've gone with Bamboo I guess lol

Also my M1DAC-A went back for replacement (USB connection was bad), I might just get refund and go for different DAC but the price I paid for it, I don't think there's better option.

well I'm having hard time enjoying my listening :( at least I still have my WA6SE and HD800 lol, using ipad and sound card is painful though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Had it caught my attention that you were looking for a USAF-596, I would have mentioned that Jack had a few available wink.gif (he was a part of our group buy).

yes I was just asking Jack if he has a adapter in stock, he told me he has 596 as well so....very_evil_smiley.gif


Edited by senson - 1/24/13 at 1:14pm
post #23933 of 30622

whats jack asking for the 596 + adapter?

 

I was the person that just sold the 2 and bought a 6SE.

There's a lot of stuff i like better about the 2 than the 6SE.

But the LCD2 is better on the 6SE.

If its your main headphone its worth it.

But i miss the crap out of the preamp option that the WA2 has

and the sound.  Both sound excellent but the WA2 was just more, something.  i don't know what to call it.  The emotion and realness to the vocals was top notch


Edited by Rawrbington - 1/24/13 at 5:07pm
post #23934 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrbington View Post

whats jack asking for the 596 + adapter?

 

I was the person that just sold the 2 and bought a 6SE.

There's a lot of stuff i like better about the 2 than the 6SE.

But the LCD2 is better on the 6SE.

If its your main headphone its worth it.

But i miss the crap out of the preamp option that the WA2 has

and the sound.  Both sound excellent but the WA2 was just more, something.  i don't know what to call it.  The emotion and realness to the vocals was top notch

 

i feel the same way.

 

though i enjoy the 6SE as well because it does have a more punch, soundstage, and openness. 

post #23935 of 30622

Just got my black WA6SE sent from Jack!  Try to establish a baseline sound with a Tung Sol 5u4g + GE 6DE7.  Sounds fantastic for HD800!  The bass is too bloated for D2000 though (may be it's the 'phones' fault).

 

A question for WA6SE owners, do you leave two 'phones connected or just one?  Manual said sound may "degrade" if two are connected.

post #23936 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

i feel the same way.

 

though i enjoy the 6SE as well because it does have a more punch, soundstage, and openness. 

The big open soundstage was the first thing i noticed about the 6SE.  Fantastic.  Detail is top notch as well

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sko0byDoo View Post

Just got my black WA6SE sent from Jack!  Try to establish a baseline sound with a Tung Sol 5u4g + GE 6DE7.  Sounds fantastic for HD800!  The bass is too bloated for D2000 though (may be it's the 'phones' fault).

 

A question for WA6SE owners, do you leave two 'phones connected or just one?  Manual said sound may "degrade" if two are connected.

good choice on the color!

Its been proven that the black ones sound better L3000.gif

I haven't ever tried 2 phones at once.  But i've only had mine for about a week.

post #23937 of 30622


Hae a wee drammie for dear Mister Burns today.

Ye Pow'rs wha mak mankind your care,
And dish them out their bill o' fare,
Auld Scotland wants nae skinkin ware
That jaups in luggies;
But, if ye wish her gratefu' prayer,
Gie her a haggis!
post #23938 of 30622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawrbington View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

 

i feel the same way.

 

though i enjoy the 6SE as well because it does have a more punch, soundstage, and openness. 

The big open soundstage was the first thing i noticed about the 6SE.  Fantastic.  Detail is top notch as well

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sko0byDoo View Post

Just got my black WA6SE sent from Jack!  Try to establish a baseline sound with a Tung Sol 5u4g + GE 6DE7.  Sounds fantastic for HD800!  The bass is too bloated for D2000 though (may be it's the 'phones' fault).

 

A question for WA6SE owners, do you leave two 'phones connected or just one?  Manual said sound may "degrade" if two are connected.

good choice on the color!

Its been proven that the black ones sound better L3000.gif

I haven't ever tried 2 phones at once.  But i've only had mine for about a week.

beerchug.gif

 

I'd leave two phones connected now and again on my previous WA 6 Special Edition. I experienced a bit lower gain out of both but only slight degradation, if any. That twin cans connected may degrade, doesn't mean it will in your system. And this is not a constant - one recording might call you wink_face.gifout, while another let's you slide. However, since I've only a pair of ears, I preferred having one connected and the other on a stand very nearby. 

 

Somehow, this post is missing a whole lotta clarity...we're tired tonight! rolleyes.gif


Edited by Silent One - 1/24/13 at 10:40pm
post #23939 of 30622

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudu View Post


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hae a wee drammie for dear Mister Burns today.

 

A wee with the woo is good any day!

post #23940 of 30622
Hi everyone!
I just won a pair of TS 5u4g's from Ebay. Anyone can tell me are these tubes good with WA5?THANKS!
Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, R1.1.1.||B2||T0JKX0lEPTVjYTFhYjFlYTU0NzI0NDIwNTBmM2EzYjVlMjg5MjA1MGY4ZTg3YjAzMGE4fHxTRUxMRVJfTkFNRT1ubXAwMHx8T1JJR0lOQUxfRUJBWV9RVUFMSVRZX1NDT1JFPTR8fENSRUFUSU9OX0RBVEU9MS8xOC8xMyA3OjEyIFBN
Edited by LiuTim - 1/26/13 at 11:43pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite