Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1571

post #23551 of 29793

damn it's not that easy to take a nice shot in the dark... so i'm still practicing :)

 

1000

post #23552 of 29793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houbi View Post

damn it's not that easy to take a nice shot in the dark... so i'm still practicing :)

 

 

Nice! What tubes are you using?

Edit: Found it in your profile:

 

Vintage Tubes (WA2):
- Rectifier: Telefunken EZ80 (1960, german military, matched pair)
- Power: Sylvania 7236 (1963, matched pair)
- Driver: Siemens E88CC (A4 series, gold pin, 1968, matched pair)


Edited by Ultrainferno - 12/18/12 at 7:07am
post #23553 of 29793

nice pics! 

 

 

how are you enjoying the WA2/T1 setup?

post #23554 of 29793
Those are german Siemens E88CC NOS, A4 series, i think 1968.
German Military Telefunken EZ80 NOS and 1963 Sylvania 7236.
The sound of the Tung-Sol 5998 didn't suit my needs, so they are
going to be sold again.

The Combination of WA2 and T1 is absolutely what i was hopeing for.
I had so many jaw dropping moments, goosebumbs over and over in
the last two weeks. It got uncountable... :-)

This Combination really touches my Soul as never ever something did before.

Last friday i received my Yulong D18 DAC what turned out to be another great
improvement of the overall performance. Last night (around midnight and later
on) the sound was so amazing and staggering, i would have to fight for words
to discribe it. It was sooooo astonishing!!

Well... By the end of the week the SOtM USB-HD (USB/SPDIF Converter) including
the separate battery/power-supply should arrive. At the moment it starts to get's difficult
to imagine even better performance. But i know there is, there will always be... smily_headphones1.gif i think
that will be another step up, let's see.

Head-fi is CRUSHING my wallet so bad....
post #23555 of 29793
biggrin.gif

Wish I could turn on my Woo2 + T1 for the first time ... again.


Congrats on a great set up.
post #23556 of 29793

...indeed :)

 

my word's are certainly written by a newly infected tube-victim.

post #23557 of 29793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houbi View Post


Head-fi is CRUSHING my wallet so bad....

 

Well........at least you still have your I.D. rolleyes.gif

post #23558 of 29793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

biggrin.gif

Wish I could turn on my Woo2 + T1 for the first time ... again.


Congrats on a great set up.

 

Did you leave your fantastic voyage (WA2/T1) behind in N. America?

post #23559 of 29793

I hate to say it, but "I told you so".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houbi View Post

Those are german Siemens E88CC NOS, A4 series, i think 1968.
German Military Telefunken EZ80 NOS and 1963 Sylvania 7236.
The sound of the Tung-Sol 5998 didn't suit my needs, so they are
going to be sold again.
The Combination of WA2 and T1 is absolutely what i was hopeing for.
I had so many jaw dropping moments, goosebumbs over and over in
the last two weeks. It got uncountable... :-)
This Combination really touches my Soul as never ever something did before.
Last friday i received my Yulong D18 DAC what turned out to be another great
improvement of the overall performance
. Last night (around midnight and later
on) the sound was so amazing and staggering, i would have to fight for words
to discribe it. It was sooooo astonishing!!
Well... By the end of the week the SOtM USB-HD (USB/SPDIF Converter) including
the separate battery/power-supply should arrive. At the moment it starts to get's difficult
to imagine even better performance. But i know there is, there will always be... smily_headphones1.gif i think
that will be another step up, let's see.
Head-fi is CRUSHING my wallet so bad....
post #23560 of 29793

ROFL, nice one SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Well........at least you still have your I.D. rolleyes.gif

post #23561 of 29793

I wish someone had the WA2 locally. My WA22 is great, but I always wonder how I would like the WA2 since I have never heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudu View Post

biggrin.gif
Wish I could turn on my Woo2 + T1 for the first time ... again.
Congrats on a great set up.
post #23562 of 29793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houbi View Post

damn it's not that easy to take a nice shot in the dark... so i'm still practicing :)

 

Looks a heck of a lot better than any of my attempts with the 2 in the dark.

 

 

Noob question, is it OTL or transformer coupled that needs a load when running?

post #23563 of 29793

I'd search the WA2 thread and/or place a "Wanted" Ad in the Buy/Sale/Trade forum "Seeks audition..."

popcorn.gif

post #23564 of 29793
Love this WA2! Using telefunken rectifiers, JAN 6080's and switching between
Mullard 2492's and sylvania 6922's for drivers. Great with hd650's and hd700's.
Much to learn about these combo's...great depth on "Joshua judges Ruth" by
Lyle Lovett. Gonna be a fun trip.
Hibuck....
post #23565 of 29793

Tubes and 650's...Awesome combo!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite