- 1,276 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
Cayin N6 Pros-quality build & sound, UI, neutralish, amp not needed Cons-battery life could be longer, large, gets warm Settings- low gain, soft, no eq. Note: I had an...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1565post #23461 of 3359312/10/12 at 2:04pmI don't think it is an issue. As long as you slip it over and it hangs on you should be fine. That's how mine is.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23462 of 3359312/10/12 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by thrak
Question for the 596 Club:
I got my 596 a few months ago (thanks SO for selling me on it and pointing me in the right direction for acquisition ) but for a number of reasons I won't get into here, I did't actually try it until this weekend. I know, shame on me, but be assured it was out of my control. I also got the adapters from Woo for my WA6SE (beautiful piece as always). I swapped out my EML 274b on saturday and plugged in the adapter and then the 596 on top. When I connected the external leads, however, I noticed the connection is loose! Very loose, actually. I was a bit nervous, as you can probably understand, but I fidgeted with them for a bit until I got what felt like a relatively stable connection. While standing a bit away from it and half-flinching, half-wincing I fired the WA6SE up. Lo and behold! It worked fine. I let it warm up for a couple of hours and then listened for about 4 more hours. It was rough going at first, sounding very harsh and fatiguing to say the least. By the end of the session it was sounding much, much better. Not up to par with the EML yet but I guess a rugged tube like this one needs some time to break-in.
So the question is: are the leads supposed be loose like that? Even though it worked I am a bit hesitant to try it again until I know this is normal (or not). Anyone else with the Woo adapters have this issue? With Keph's adapters? Greatly appreciate any thoughts from you guys.
My own adapter was supplied by 2359glenn - my leads/connections are tight. Not sure how loose the other adapters may feel. Just reached over to pull-twist-bend the leads on the rec - all tight, all good.post #23463 of 3359312/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.post #23464 of 3359312/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by grokitQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.
Since thrak raised the issue, I'm left wondering if all of the Woo adapters feel the same way and this is normal or not.post #23465 of 3359312/10/12 at 6:42pm
I'll let everyone know this weekend when I get home and I can connect the 596 to one of Glenn's adapters...Can't wait to fire it up!post #23466 of 3359312/10/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
He's having this problem with the Woo-596 adapter/connection, not the Glenn made adapter...
Edited by Silent One - 12/10/12 at 7:02pmpost #23467 of 3359312/10/12 at 7:26pm
Yep...got that.....I would be uncomfortable with a loose connection. (I have enough of those in my head! ) Seems like the adapter from Glenn will not have that problem....post #23468 of 3359312/10/12 at 8:35pm
My adapter from Glenn attaches securely to the tube's pin. There is good resistance while attaching the pin adapter to the pin on the tube. It feels exactly the same as when I insert a tube into its socket.post #23469 of 3359312/10/12 at 8:36pmpost #23470 of 3359312/10/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
How could you be away when the 596 are waiting for you at home?post #23471 of 3359312/10/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
I pondered this...really.post #23472 of 3359312/10/12 at 10:20pmpost #23473 of 3359312/10/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
Wooing ... virgins ... tubes ... liquid love ... squirting male and female ends! What has this place turned into?
Whatever it is, I like it.post #23474 of 3359312/10/12 at 10:54pm
Well, I needed to find something to do. Waiting for longbowbbs to get home...and inside the listening room could take awhile. Ain't even listening to the amp tonight! Though, I feel better having just prepped it for tomorrow night's session!post #23475 of 3359312/11/12 at 4:22am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 seconds ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 15 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica IM50, IM70 Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › I need help deciding on ear protection/noise cancelling IEM - work... 7 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 7 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2