- 1,262 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1565post #23461 of 3328512/10/12 at 2:04pmI don't think it is an issue. As long as you slip it over and it hangs on you should be fine. That's how mine is.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23462 of 3328512/10/12 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by thrak
Question for the 596 Club:
I got my 596 a few months ago (thanks SO for selling me on it and pointing me in the right direction for acquisition ) but for a number of reasons I won't get into here, I did't actually try it until this weekend. I know, shame on me, but be assured it was out of my control. I also got the adapters from Woo for my WA6SE (beautiful piece as always). I swapped out my EML 274b on saturday and plugged in the adapter and then the 596 on top. When I connected the external leads, however, I noticed the connection is loose! Very loose, actually. I was a bit nervous, as you can probably understand, but I fidgeted with them for a bit until I got what felt like a relatively stable connection. While standing a bit away from it and half-flinching, half-wincing I fired the WA6SE up. Lo and behold! It worked fine. I let it warm up for a couple of hours and then listened for about 4 more hours. It was rough going at first, sounding very harsh and fatiguing to say the least. By the end of the session it was sounding much, much better. Not up to par with the EML yet but I guess a rugged tube like this one needs some time to break-in.
So the question is: are the leads supposed be loose like that? Even though it worked I am a bit hesitant to try it again until I know this is normal (or not). Anyone else with the Woo adapters have this issue? With Keph's adapters? Greatly appreciate any thoughts from you guys.
My own adapter was supplied by 2359glenn - my leads/connections are tight. Not sure how loose the other adapters may feel. Just reached over to pull-twist-bend the leads on the rec - all tight, all good.post #23463 of 3328512/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.post #23464 of 3328512/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by grokitQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.
Since thrak raised the issue, I'm left wondering if all of the Woo adapters feel the same way and this is normal or not.post #23465 of 3328512/10/12 at 6:42pm
I'll let everyone know this weekend when I get home and I can connect the 596 to one of Glenn's adapters...Can't wait to fire it up!post #23466 of 3328512/10/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
He's having this problem with the Woo-596 adapter/connection, not the Glenn made adapter...
Edited by Silent One - 12/10/12 at 7:02pmpost #23467 of 3328512/10/12 at 7:26pm
Yep...got that.....I would be uncomfortable with a loose connection. (I have enough of those in my head! ) Seems like the adapter from Glenn will not have that problem....post #23468 of 3328512/10/12 at 8:35pm
My adapter from Glenn attaches securely to the tube's pin. There is good resistance while attaching the pin adapter to the pin on the tube. It feels exactly the same as when I insert a tube into its socket.post #23469 of 3328512/10/12 at 8:36pmpost #23470 of 3328512/10/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
How could you be away when the 596 are waiting for you at home?post #23471 of 3328512/10/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
I pondered this...really.post #23472 of 3328512/10/12 at 10:20pmpost #23473 of 3328512/10/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
Wooing ... virgins ... tubes ... liquid love ... squirting male and female ends! What has this place turned into?
Whatever it is, I like it.post #23474 of 3328512/10/12 at 10:54pm
Well, I needed to find something to do. Waiting for longbowbbs to get home...and inside the listening room could take awhile. Ain't even listening to the amp tonight! Though, I feel better having just prepped it for tomorrow night's session!post #23475 of 3328512/11/12 at 4:22am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Havi B6 ! 3 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 23 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 24 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 2 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Canadian Head-Fi'ers counting 5 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2