- 1,075 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 12/9/13 at 3:56am in High-end Audio Forum
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WA3 or WA6 for HD 700? Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:35pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/18/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1565post #23461 of 2905812/10/12 at 2:04pmI don't think it is an issue. As long as you slip it over and it hangs on you should be fine. That's how mine is.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #23462 of 2905812/10/12 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by thrak
Question for the 596 Club:
I got my 596 a few months ago (thanks SO for selling me on it and pointing me in the right direction for acquisition ) but for a number of reasons I won't get into here, I did't actually try it until this weekend. I know, shame on me, but be assured it was out of my control. I also got the adapters from Woo for my WA6SE (beautiful piece as always). I swapped out my EML 274b on saturday and plugged in the adapter and then the 596 on top. When I connected the external leads, however, I noticed the connection is loose! Very loose, actually. I was a bit nervous, as you can probably understand, but I fidgeted with them for a bit until I got what felt like a relatively stable connection. While standing a bit away from it and half-flinching, half-wincing I fired the WA6SE up. Lo and behold! It worked fine. I let it warm up for a couple of hours and then listened for about 4 more hours. It was rough going at first, sounding very harsh and fatiguing to say the least. By the end of the session it was sounding much, much better. Not up to par with the EML yet but I guess a rugged tube like this one needs some time to break-in.
So the question is: are the leads supposed be loose like that? Even though it worked I am a bit hesitant to try it again until I know this is normal (or not). Anyone else with the Woo adapters have this issue? With Keph's adapters? Greatly appreciate any thoughts from you guys.
My own adapter was supplied by 2359glenn - my leads/connections are tight. Not sure how loose the other adapters may feel. Just reached over to pull-twist-bend the leads on the rec - all tight, all good.post #23463 of 2905812/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.post #23464 of 2905812/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by grokitQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.
Since thrak raised the issue, I'm left wondering if all of the Woo adapters feel the same way and this is normal or not.post #23465 of 2905812/10/12 at 6:42pm
I'll let everyone know this weekend when I get home and I can connect the 596 to one of Glenn's adapters...Can't wait to fire it up!post #23466 of 2905812/10/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
He's having this problem with the Woo-596 adapter/connection, not the Glenn made adapter...
Edited by Silent One - 12/10/12 at 7:02pmpost #23467 of 2905812/10/12 at 7:26pmpost #23468 of 2905812/10/12 at 8:35pm
My adapter from Glenn attaches securely to the tube's pin. There is good resistance while attaching the pin adapter to the pin on the tube. It feels exactly the same as when I insert a tube into its socket.post #23469 of 2905812/10/12 at 8:36pmpost #23470 of 2905812/10/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
How could you be away when the 596 are waiting for you at home?post #23471 of 2905812/10/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
I pondered this...really.post #23472 of 2905812/10/12 at 10:20pmpost #23473 of 2905812/10/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
Wooing ... virgins ... tubes ... liquid love ... squirting male and female ends! What has this place turned into?
Whatever it is, I like it.post #23474 of 2905812/10/12 at 10:54pm
Well, I needed to find something to do. Waiting for longbowbbs to get home...and inside the listening room could take awhile. Ain't even listening to the amp tonight! Though, I feel better having just prepped it for tomorrow night's session!post #23475 of 2905812/11/12 at 4:22am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 9 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 42 seconds ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 53 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › upgrade headphones first, or go ahead and get dac/amp stack? 1 minute ago
- › New Audio Gear Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 3 minutes ago
- › In what circumstances is it worth it to buy an audio card? 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital