- 1,360 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1565post #23461 of 3925812/10/12 at 2:04pmI don't think it is an issue. As long as you slip it over and it hangs on you should be fine. That's how mine is.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23462 of 3925812/10/12 at 5:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by thrak
Question for the 596 Club:
I got my 596 a few months ago (thanks SO for selling me on it and pointing me in the right direction for acquisition ) but for a number of reasons I won't get into here, I did't actually try it until this weekend. I know, shame on me, but be assured it was out of my control. I also got the adapters from Woo for my WA6SE (beautiful piece as always). I swapped out my EML 274b on saturday and plugged in the adapter and then the 596 on top. When I connected the external leads, however, I noticed the connection is loose! Very loose, actually. I was a bit nervous, as you can probably understand, but I fidgeted with them for a bit until I got what felt like a relatively stable connection. While standing a bit away from it and half-flinching, half-wincing I fired the WA6SE up. Lo and behold! It worked fine. I let it warm up for a couple of hours and then listened for about 4 more hours. It was rough going at first, sounding very harsh and fatiguing to say the least. By the end of the session it was sounding much, much better. Not up to par with the EML yet but I guess a rugged tube like this one needs some time to break-in.
So the question is: are the leads supposed be loose like that? Even though it worked I am a bit hesitant to try it again until I know this is normal (or not). Anyone else with the Woo adapters have this issue? With Keph's adapters? Greatly appreciate any thoughts from you guys.
My own adapter was supplied by 2359glenn - my leads/connections are tight. Not sure how loose the other adapters may feel. Just reached over to pull-twist-bend the leads on the rec - all tight, all good.post #23463 of 3925812/10/12 at 6:17pmQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.post #23464 of 3925812/10/12 at 6:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by grokitQuote:
X2, my 2359glenn-made 596 adapter connectors are goodn'tight.
Since thrak raised the issue, I'm left wondering if all of the Woo adapters feel the same way and this is normal or not.post #23465 of 3925812/10/12 at 6:42pm
I'll let everyone know this weekend when I get home and I can connect the 596 to one of Glenn's adapters...Can't wait to fire it up!post #23466 of 3925812/10/12 at 7:01pmQuote:
He's having this problem with the Woo-596 adapter/connection, not the Glenn made adapter...
Edited by Silent One - 12/10/12 at 7:02pmpost #23467 of 3925812/10/12 at 7:26pm
Yep...got that.....I would be uncomfortable with a loose connection. (I have enough of those in my head! ) Seems like the adapter from Glenn will not have that problem....post #23468 of 3925812/10/12 at 8:35pm
My adapter from Glenn attaches securely to the tube's pin. There is good resistance while attaching the pin adapter to the pin on the tube. It feels exactly the same as when I insert a tube into its socket.post #23469 of 3925812/10/12 at 8:36pmpost #23470 of 3925812/10/12 at 9:14pmQuote:
How could you be away when the 596 are waiting for you at home?post #23471 of 3925812/10/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
I pondered this...really.post #23472 of 3925812/10/12 at 10:20pmpost #23473 of 3925812/10/12 at 10:44pmQuote:
Wooing ... virgins ... tubes ... liquid love ... squirting male and female ends! What has this place turned into?
Whatever it is, I like it.post #23474 of 3925812/10/12 at 10:54pm
Well, I needed to find something to do. Waiting for longbowbbs to get home...and inside the listening room could take awhile. Ain't even listening to the amp tonight! Though, I feel better having just prepped it for tomorrow night's session!post #23475 of 3925812/11/12 at 4:22am
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 25 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › My Sennheiser CX300s died what to get next? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear