Thank you for the explanation on that Sid-Fi. I think I will look into the Audiophilleo since that is what you're rocking. Man, I jumped from head amps to DACs to USB/SPDIF converters. Man, and I thought collecting firearms was expensive!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K 701 Whitetagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio WA6/WA3 or Burson HA-160 for HD650??? Last post on 5/11/14 at 8:36am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: Today
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: Today
So I bought these because I wanted to sleep and I can't sleep with over ear headphones on a window seat since the moment you put pressure on the bands, it goes haywire(the noise...
it take some time to fit these properly one of a kind sound great mids and highs, female vocal is good, male vocal a bit thin. At this price range, you can not get better bass, its the kind of...
Hi guys, this is my first post and my first review, please consider too that I am not a native speaker, neither an audiophile. Right now I own a useless Fiio X3, its battery died and I have...
I'm not sure if this is the same model I got with my iPhone 4s or not. There have been tons of different models of these buds released for different i-devices. The ones that I received with my 4s...
I barely used them... got one pair and a few months later the left earpiece started cutting sound. The retail shop opened them and did a messy job, were working and then stopped. Got a 2nd pair,...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1562post #23416 of 3167312/6/12 at 12:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23417 of 3167312/6/12 at 12:41ampost #23418 of 3167312/6/12 at 12:55amQuote:
Expensive? Places like Head-Fi are docile and delightful destinations. A wonderful place where one could share, contribute, look and learn. So docile in fact, you might even have an exchange with the Devil himself and wouldn't know it until you examined the contents of your wallet.
Many are left thinking to themselves..."Just how much help did I need?!"post #23419 of 3167312/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
By USB interface I am really referring to a USB to SPDIF converter. In a nutshell, computers have generally been notoriously bad transports for sending music files to an external DAC. There are two primary reasons, timing errors and fairly dirty/noisy power.I'm no expert but this should give you a very general high level of the issues at play and benefits. A few affordable solutions are Musical Fidelity V-Link, Stello U2, Audio-gd Digital Interfsce etc.these are all around the $250 ballpark range if I remember correctly. They aren't reference level solutions but should great improvement over direct connection in most cases.
I personally have more money invested in my USB Interfsce than I do in either my DAC or headphones and that has given me the best results IMO. Your connections look generally right. I'm not as familiar with the measurements you quoted with the XLR connectors since they are usually standard 3 and 4 pin sizes.
USB to SPDIF converters really help improve the sound when playing from a computer. i myself own the musical fidelity V-link which goes directly to my DL3. it works great and is a great buy for the price.post #23420 of 3167312/6/12 at 4:35amQuote:
You should check out the Channel Islands Audio Transient MK II. It serves as both a converter and a DAC. So, you can start small, use it for both, and then eventually add a DAC. I have owned a number of their components and have enjoyed each one. And they are very reasonably priced.post #23421 of 3167312/6/12 at 4:55amQuote:You forgot to tell us which one, V-LINKII or V-LINK192? There is a big difference in pricing.
Edited by AcousticDreams - 12/6/12 at 5:12ampost #23422 of 3167312/6/12 at 5:00ampost #23423 of 3167312/6/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Perhaps this meet would be educational: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633123/seattle-meet-woodinville-saturday-12-15-2012post #23424 of 3167312/6/12 at 12:00pm
Oh cool, a meet! I will try to get over there. Thanks. I really appreciate all the other input too. What I thought was going to be a simple audio purchase has become quite complex! I am researching three components instead of one. It's fascinating stuff I think.post #23425 of 3167312/6/12 at 12:33pm
Your pursuit may also raise your appreciation for both your acquisitions and listening to music itself. This is not a given. Do try to enjoy the journey...post #23426 of 3167312/6/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
And keep feeling sorry for your wallet!!!post #23427 of 3167312/6/12 at 1:23pm
Finding some cables is kind of tough though, like dual xlrf or xlrm to a female headphone jack (1/4 or 1/8). Or a single 4pin male to female headphone jack. =\ RCA cables of whatever variety are easy enough though.post #23428 of 3167312/6/12 at 5:52pm
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23429 of 3167312/6/12 at 6:30pmCongrats on your purchase and welcome into Head-Fi. It's really nice being able to use Amazon gift cards towards our hobby.
Just as a future FYI Yulong partners with a US company called Grant Fidelity who are top notch and handle all the customer service and interactions. That and the D18 arrived within 3 days somehow.
Hope you're thrilled with your purchase. Keep us updated on your future orders.Quote:Originally Posted by Instrumental
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23430 of 3167312/6/12 at 6:39pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 22 seconds ago
- › Cable replacement for HD424s 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone recommendations that are good at gaming and music around... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking at the Sony UDA1/S amp/dac 4 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 5 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E... 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 7 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 8 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by yialanliu
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by 10shot9miss
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by Arturoo123
- › Apple iPod Earphones Headphones for iPod Nano, Touch & Classic by GoldenGuy66
- › Shure SE215 by damianmb
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Willy 2 Streams
- › Final Audio Design Adagio III by mark2410
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)