Thank you for the explanation on that Sid-Fi. I think I will look into the Audiophilleo since that is what you're rocking. Man, I jumped from head amps to DACs to USB/SPDIF converters. Man, and I thought collecting firearms was expensive!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/6/15
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1562post #23416 of 3498412/6/12 at 12:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23417 of 3498412/6/12 at 12:41ampost #23418 of 3498412/6/12 at 12:55amQuote:
Expensive? Places like Head-Fi are docile and delightful destinations. A wonderful place where one could share, contribute, look and learn. So docile in fact, you might even have an exchange with the Devil himself and wouldn't know it until you examined the contents of your wallet.
Many are left thinking to themselves..."Just how much help did I need?!"post #23419 of 3498412/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
By USB interface I am really referring to a USB to SPDIF converter. In a nutshell, computers have generally been notoriously bad transports for sending music files to an external DAC. There are two primary reasons, timing errors and fairly dirty/noisy power.I'm no expert but this should give you a very general high level of the issues at play and benefits. A few affordable solutions are Musical Fidelity V-Link, Stello U2, Audio-gd Digital Interfsce etc.these are all around the $250 ballpark range if I remember correctly. They aren't reference level solutions but should great improvement over direct connection in most cases.
I personally have more money invested in my USB Interfsce than I do in either my DAC or headphones and that has given me the best results IMO. Your connections look generally right. I'm not as familiar with the measurements you quoted with the XLR connectors since they are usually standard 3 and 4 pin sizes.
USB to SPDIF converters really help improve the sound when playing from a computer. i myself own the musical fidelity V-link which goes directly to my DL3. it works great and is a great buy for the price.post #23420 of 3498412/6/12 at 4:35amQuote:
You should check out the Channel Islands Audio Transient MK II. It serves as both a converter and a DAC. So, you can start small, use it for both, and then eventually add a DAC. I have owned a number of their components and have enjoyed each one. And they are very reasonably priced.post #23421 of 3498412/6/12 at 4:55amQuote:You forgot to tell us which one, V-LINKII or V-LINK192? There is a big difference in pricing.
Edited by AcousticDreams - 12/6/12 at 5:12ampost #23422 of 3498412/6/12 at 5:00ampost #23423 of 3498412/6/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Perhaps this meet would be educational: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633123/seattle-meet-woodinville-saturday-12-15-2012post #23424 of 3498412/6/12 at 12:00pm
Oh cool, a meet! I will try to get over there. Thanks. I really appreciate all the other input too. What I thought was going to be a simple audio purchase has become quite complex! I am researching three components instead of one. It's fascinating stuff I think.post #23425 of 3498412/6/12 at 12:33pm
Your pursuit may also raise your appreciation for both your acquisitions and listening to music itself. This is not a given. Do try to enjoy the journey...post #23426 of 3498412/6/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
And keep feeling sorry for your wallet!!!post #23427 of 3498412/6/12 at 1:23pm
Finding some cables is kind of tough though, like dual xlrf or xlrm to a female headphone jack (1/4 or 1/8). Or a single 4pin male to female headphone jack. =\ RCA cables of whatever variety are easy enough though.post #23428 of 3498412/6/12 at 5:52pm
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23429 of 3498412/6/12 at 6:30pmCongrats on your purchase and welcome into Head-Fi. It's really nice being able to use Amazon gift cards towards our hobby.
Just as a future FYI Yulong partners with a US company called Grant Fidelity who are top notch and handle all the customer service and interactions. That and the D18 arrived within 3 days somehow.
Hope you're thrilled with your purchase. Keep us updated on your future orders.Quote:Originally Posted by Instrumental
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23430 of 3498412/6/12 at 6:39pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Bought a pair of Sony earphones but received a different model, I'm... 1 minute ago
- › Wanted: Cayin C5 in UK 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › somy nwz a15 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › DTS Connect and Dolby Digital Live in Windows 10 4 minutes ago
- › P7 Preamp kit / Op amp power help 4 minutes ago
- › Shure 1540 Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2