Thank you for the explanation on that Sid-Fi. I think I will look into the Audiophilleo since that is what you're rocking. Man, I jumped from head amps to DACs to USB/SPDIF converters. Man, and I thought collecting firearms was expensive!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWooAudio WA7 Firefliestagged by AudioMan612, 5/26/15
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 3/8/16 at 10:20pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 1/18/16
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
BRIEF SUMMARY The HD800 has always been my goal ever since I started on my audio journey 5 years ago, but I was into portable audio back then and the price of the HD800 were fairly expensive so...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1562post #23416 of 3843912/6/12 at 12:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23417 of 3843912/6/12 at 12:41ampost #23418 of 3843912/6/12 at 12:55amQuote:
Expensive? Places like Head-Fi are docile and delightful destinations. A wonderful place where one could share, contribute, look and learn. So docile in fact, you might even have an exchange with the Devil himself and wouldn't know it until you examined the contents of your wallet.
Many are left thinking to themselves..."Just how much help did I need?!"post #23419 of 3843912/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
By USB interface I am really referring to a USB to SPDIF converter. In a nutshell, computers have generally been notoriously bad transports for sending music files to an external DAC. There are two primary reasons, timing errors and fairly dirty/noisy power.I'm no expert but this should give you a very general high level of the issues at play and benefits. A few affordable solutions are Musical Fidelity V-Link, Stello U2, Audio-gd Digital Interfsce etc.these are all around the $250 ballpark range if I remember correctly. They aren't reference level solutions but should great improvement over direct connection in most cases.
I personally have more money invested in my USB Interfsce than I do in either my DAC or headphones and that has given me the best results IMO. Your connections look generally right. I'm not as familiar with the measurements you quoted with the XLR connectors since they are usually standard 3 and 4 pin sizes.
USB to SPDIF converters really help improve the sound when playing from a computer. i myself own the musical fidelity V-link which goes directly to my DL3. it works great and is a great buy for the price.post #23420 of 3843912/6/12 at 4:35amQuote:
You should check out the Channel Islands Audio Transient MK II. It serves as both a converter and a DAC. So, you can start small, use it for both, and then eventually add a DAC. I have owned a number of their components and have enjoyed each one. And they are very reasonably priced.post #23421 of 3843912/6/12 at 4:55amQuote:You forgot to tell us which one, V-LINKII or V-LINK192? There is a big difference in pricing.
Edited by AcousticDreams - 12/6/12 at 5:12ampost #23422 of 3843912/6/12 at 5:00ampost #23423 of 3843912/6/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Perhaps this meet would be educational: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633123/seattle-meet-woodinville-saturday-12-15-2012post #23424 of 3843912/6/12 at 12:00pm
Oh cool, a meet! I will try to get over there. Thanks. I really appreciate all the other input too. What I thought was going to be a simple audio purchase has become quite complex! I am researching three components instead of one. It's fascinating stuff I think.post #23425 of 3843912/6/12 at 12:33pm
Your pursuit may also raise your appreciation for both your acquisitions and listening to music itself. This is not a given. Do try to enjoy the journey...post #23426 of 3843912/6/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
And keep feeling sorry for your wallet!!!post #23427 of 3843912/6/12 at 1:23pm
Finding some cables is kind of tough though, like dual xlrf or xlrm to a female headphone jack (1/4 or 1/8). Or a single 4pin male to female headphone jack. =\ RCA cables of whatever variety are easy enough though.post #23428 of 3843912/6/12 at 5:52pm
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23429 of 3843912/6/12 at 6:30pmCongrats on your purchase and welcome into Head-Fi. It's really nice being able to use Amazon gift cards towards our hobby.
Just as a future FYI Yulong partners with a US company called Grant Fidelity who are top notch and handle all the customer service and interactions. That and the D18 arrived within 3 days somehow.
Hope you're thrilled with your purchase. Keep us updated on your future orders.Quote:Originally Posted by Instrumental
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23430 of 3843912/6/12 at 6:39pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 27 seconds ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 55 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio 2 minutes ago
- › Rising cost of "audiophile" equipment and importance of bias/blind... 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 5 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-560 Mint *EU Seller* 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brimar v Mullard CV4014 10 minutes ago
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...