Thank you for the explanation on that Sid-Fi. I think I will look into the Audiophilleo since that is what you're rocking. Man, I jumped from head amps to DACs to USB/SPDIF converters. Man, and I thought collecting firearms was expensive!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAKG K701 Studio Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productBeyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohmstagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productGrado Statement Series GS1000i Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- productSchiit Valhallatagged by Themorganlett85, 5/10/14
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 10/30/14
- brandWooAudiotagged by System, 6/14/10
- productWoo Audio 2tagged by System, 12/4/11
- productWoo Audio WA22tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA3tagged by System, 3/29/12
- productWoo Audio WA5tagged by System, 4/2/11More
- productWoo Audio WA5 LEtagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 4/2/11
- productWoo Audio WA 6 SEtagged by System, 8/27/10
- productWoo Audio WEE electrostatic energizertagged by System, 3/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD650 & Schiit Valhalla Setup? Last post on 9/18/11 at 1:18pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- WooAudio 2 and Denon AH-D5000 Last post on 10/14/11 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need an advice for setting up a closed, comfort, light weight full-size headphone set Last post on 5/24/11 at 6:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- SE (single-ended) Tube Amplifers Last post on 10/25/11 at 10:09pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- I'm Woo-sey deciding which Woo to get................... Last post on 10/1/10 at 6:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
Last edited: 6/17/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1562post #23416 of 3328212/6/12 at 12:08am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23417 of 3328212/6/12 at 12:41ampost #23418 of 3328212/6/12 at 12:55amQuote:
Expensive? Places like Head-Fi are docile and delightful destinations. A wonderful place where one could share, contribute, look and learn. So docile in fact, you might even have an exchange with the Devil himself and wouldn't know it until you examined the contents of your wallet.
Many are left thinking to themselves..."Just how much help did I need?!"post #23419 of 3328212/6/12 at 1:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Sid-Fi
By USB interface I am really referring to a USB to SPDIF converter. In a nutshell, computers have generally been notoriously bad transports for sending music files to an external DAC. There are two primary reasons, timing errors and fairly dirty/noisy power.I'm no expert but this should give you a very general high level of the issues at play and benefits. A few affordable solutions are Musical Fidelity V-Link, Stello U2, Audio-gd Digital Interfsce etc.these are all around the $250 ballpark range if I remember correctly. They aren't reference level solutions but should great improvement over direct connection in most cases.
I personally have more money invested in my USB Interfsce than I do in either my DAC or headphones and that has given me the best results IMO. Your connections look generally right. I'm not as familiar with the measurements you quoted with the XLR connectors since they are usually standard 3 and 4 pin sizes.
USB to SPDIF converters really help improve the sound when playing from a computer. i myself own the musical fidelity V-link which goes directly to my DL3. it works great and is a great buy for the price.post #23420 of 3328212/6/12 at 4:35amQuote:
You should check out the Channel Islands Audio Transient MK II. It serves as both a converter and a DAC. So, you can start small, use it for both, and then eventually add a DAC. I have owned a number of their components and have enjoyed each one. And they are very reasonably priced.post #23421 of 3328212/6/12 at 4:55amQuote:You forgot to tell us which one, V-LINKII or V-LINK192? There is a big difference in pricing.
Edited by AcousticDreams - 12/6/12 at 5:12ampost #23422 of 3328212/6/12 at 5:00ampost #23423 of 3328212/6/12 at 9:25amQuote:
Perhaps this meet would be educational: http://www.head-fi.org/t/633123/seattle-meet-woodinville-saturday-12-15-2012post #23424 of 3328212/6/12 at 12:00pm
Oh cool, a meet! I will try to get over there. Thanks. I really appreciate all the other input too. What I thought was going to be a simple audio purchase has become quite complex! I am researching three components instead of one. It's fascinating stuff I think.post #23425 of 3328212/6/12 at 12:33pm
Your pursuit may also raise your appreciation for both your acquisitions and listening to music itself. This is not a given. Do try to enjoy the journey...post #23426 of 3328212/6/12 at 12:36pmQuote:
And keep feeling sorry for your wallet!!!post #23427 of 3328212/6/12 at 1:23pm
Finding some cables is kind of tough though, like dual xlrf or xlrm to a female headphone jack (1/4 or 1/8). Or a single 4pin male to female headphone jack. =\ RCA cables of whatever variety are easy enough though.post #23428 of 3328212/6/12 at 5:52pm
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23429 of 3328212/6/12 at 6:30pmCongrats on your purchase and welcome into Head-Fi. It's really nice being able to use Amazon gift cards towards our hobby.
Just as a future FYI Yulong partners with a US company called Grant Fidelity who are top notch and handle all the customer service and interactions. That and the D18 arrived within 3 days somehow.
Hope you're thrilled with your purchase. Keep us updated on your future orders.Quote:Originally Posted by Instrumental
Okay so I ended up buying a bunch of necessary cables as well as the PS Audio Digital Link III DAC. The Yulong looked really nice, but between the source being Hong Kong and thus over seas shipping and the fact that I had over 180 dollars in Amazon gift cards, the PS Audio's ease of purchase, lower cost, and delivery was what put it over the edge. Still researching on the USB SPDIF converter and I will put in the order for my WA22 soon as well. Exciting times! =)post #23430 of 3328212/6/12 at 6:39pm
- Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › NVX XPT100 (HM5 clone) - nonexistent bass, tinny and artificial... 50 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic custom pro/beyerdynamic dt 770/ audio technica ath-m50x ? 2 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi 1 More Design Crystal Pistons - review 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › M-Audio Q40 Impressions (long w/pics) 3 minutes ago
- › Foobar2000 guide 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2