Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1556

post #23326 of 30940
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

Now I am jealous

 

I know...went Indian cuisine only last night ( a very spicy shrimp curry). wink.gif Though, since buying my Woo, I developed a twitching problem when reading restaurant menus. I look at meal description & pricing, and automatically start relating to tube prices and opportunity costs. rolleyes.gif


Edited by Silent One - 11/21/12 at 1:31pm
post #23327 of 30940
Code:
i just got it  a few weeks ago and used it since. Hmm i unplugged the rca cables from the amp, turned it up and it was completely silent!. Hopefully its not the amp because its practically new!
post #23328 of 30940

In the past, I have seen a few others report this experience here in the thread. Perhaps, someone will come along and can help you further.

post #23329 of 30940
Quote:
Originally Posted by van41 View Post

Code:
i just got it  a few weeks ago and used it since. Hmm i unplugged the rca cables from the amp, turned it up and it was completely silent!. Hopefully its not the amp because its practically new!

If the hun goes away when disconnecting the RCA then you have the classic ground loop issue. try different RCA cables and see if your RCA shield is connected only on one end. What is your source? Your amp itself is okay.

post #23330 of 30940

ROFL

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

I know...went Indian cuisine only last night ( a very spicy shrimp curry). wink.gif Though, since buying my Woo, I developed a twitching problem when reading restaurant menus. I look at meal description & pricing, and automatically start relating to tube prices and opportunity costs. rolleyes.gif

post #23331 of 30940

Huh? Isn't that how we all think??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid-Fi View Post

ROFL

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

I know...went Indian cuisine only last night ( a very spicy shrimp curry). wink.gif Though, since buying my Woo, I developed a twitching problem when reading restaurant menus. I look at meal description & pricing, and automatically start relating to tube prices and opportunity costs. rolleyes.gif

 

post #23332 of 30940

I am using the generic Burson cables I receive when I bought the HA160D. I just purchase a pair of copper shielded RCA cables from Trevor at Norse Audio. By the way, his cables and service are excellent! and they actually work! 

Connected from the PC to the Burson HA160D and then the rca out the the WA6SE. I am using the dac and preamp of the 160D.

Thanks in advance!


Edited by van41 - 11/21/12 at 4:14pm
post #23333 of 30940

In what way do they work?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by van41 View Post

I am using the generic Burson cables I receive when I bought the HA160D. I just purchase a pair of copper shielded RCA cables from Trevor at Norse Audio. By the way, his cables and service are excellent! and they actually work! 

Connected from the PC to the Burson HA160D and then the rca out the the WA6SE. I am using the dac and preamp of the 160D.

Thanks in advance!

post #23334 of 30940
Comparing to the lcd 2 stock cables, you experience better dynamics, larger soundstage, more smoother mids. It was a huge difference when i compared them together.
post #23335 of 30940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houbi View Post

Indeed, gol gappa looks interesting! :-)

But what about the DAC for the Woo 2?

Any recommendations? I have a beyer T1 and in 3 or 4 weeks also a Woo 2.
And my Fiancee wants a wishlist for christmas, a nice DAC would be delicious :-)

Congrats on the woo2 ! You should love it with the T1.

Oh, and congrats on the T1s too ...

And the DX.

And the Heirs.

wink.gif

Nice haul.
Edited by Pudu - 11/21/12 at 9:56pm
post #23336 of 30940
Quote:
Originally Posted by van41 View Post

Just a quick question guys, is it normal to hsve a very dlight humming noise coming out of the wa6se when the music is paused and the volume is stll up? I heard the reason for the slight hum noise is coming from the preout. Can anyone confirm this?


Sounds like there is an earthing problem .

post #23337 of 30940

Twelve 596 tubes are leaving to their new owners on Saturday. I should be named "The 596 Guy" or something under my Nickname. Who can make that happen? rolleyes.gif

post #23338 of 30940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Twelve 596 tubes are leaving to their new owners on Saturday. I should be named "The 596 Guy" or something under my Nickname. Who can make that happen? rolleyes.gif

 

Currawong.

post #23339 of 30940

Careful, you'll end up a MOT or something silly!

 

Well done on the 596's, as one of the lucky recipients I want to say THANK YOU for doing the leg work for us.  Awesome stuff.  I'm excited to try this tube.   

 

Of course, I need to get an adapter! Keph, are you out there?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Twelve 596 tubes are leaving to their new owners on Saturday. I should be named "The 596 Guy" or something under my Nickname. Who can make that happen? rolleyes.gif

post #23340 of 30940
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipsupt View Post

Careful, you'll end up a MOT or something silly!

 

Well done on the 596's, as one of the lucky recipients I want to say THANK YOU for doing the leg work for us.  Awesome stuff.  I'm excited to try this tube.   

 

Of course, I need to get an adapter! Keph, are you out there?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

Twelve 596 tubes are leaving to their new owners on Saturday. I should be named "The 596 Guy" or something under my Nickname. Who can make that happen? rolleyes.gif

 

At last!

beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite