Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite - Page 1552

post #23266 of 31091

Thanks!

 

So, can we get a US count?

 

Minches - 2

post #23267 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Thanks!

 

So, can we get a US count?

 

Minches - 2

 

I'll pm the lucky ones now! We have 10

post #23268 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

 

I'll pm the lucky ones now! We have 10

 

10 596's and no Adapters?? hehe nice one Ultra for making another Group buy

post #23269 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Is there any way you could do 1 shipment to the US and let us distribute them here?  It seems crazy to pay $40 for each box to the US when you could pay for that once and then it would cost under $10 per package.

 

If you could do that then I would be in for 2.

 

 

Looking for backup?  David is great guy, I can vouch for him.

 

I stand behind him as well...

post #23270 of 31091

Aw, shucks, SO.  Now you are making me blush...

 

Fortunately, I have comes across so few people who love this hobby who aren't trustworthy.

post #23271 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Aw, shucks, SO.  Now you are making me blush...

 

Fortunately, I have comes across so few people who love this hobby who aren't trustworthy.

 

I've been so fortunate over the years in this hobby with stuff - gifted, extraordinary deals and such - any loss is likely to be minimal in the big scheme of things (over time). And dare say, could almost be expected. 

post #23272 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Is there any way you could do 1 shipment to the US and let us distribute them here?  It seems crazy to pay $40 for each box to the US when you could pay for that once and then it would cost under $10 per package.

 

This sounds very familiar. ;)

post #23273 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton SF View Post

This sounds very familiar. wink.gif

Clayton could loan us his much used backpack for tube transportation..biggrin.gif
post #23274 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibuckhobby View Post

Just bought a used WA6 with Princess 274b and PDPS.  It's a little tarnished/less shiny than the ones I see pics of here,

but it sure sounds great with the NOS 6DE7's I picked up.  Have also been trying a Amperex 5AR4 that is a bit more forward

but has a great width to the soundstage.   Reading my way through this thread, but only up to page 310 right now.

Hibuck......

 

I've had one of those for almost 5 years, and I was the first to add the Pseudo Dual Power Supply to a WA6 when it first came out.  It's a great little amp.

post #23275 of 31091

 What's the story with the tube with wires connected to the the top -- Is that the 596?   Is there a name that refers to that type of tube?     

 

Also, is that the rectifier tube? (is it for the power supply?)

 

Thanks!  beerchug.gif

post #23276 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by solserenade View Post

 What's the story with the tube with wires connected to the the top -- Is that the 596?   Is there a name that refers to that type of tube?     

 

Also, is that the rectifier tube? (is it for the power supply?)

 

Thanks!  beerchug.gif

 

That's the UEC 596 rectifier tube. It's a rectifier ;)


Edited by Ultrainferno - 11/15/12 at 4:48am
post #23277 of 31091

FYI. 596 Group Buy is now over. thanks everyone!

post #23278 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by solserenade View Post

 What's the story with the tube with wires connected to the the top -- Is that the 596?   Is there a name that refers to that type of tube?     

 

Also, is that the rectifier tube? (is it for the power supply?)

 

Thanks!  beerchug.gif

 

Those are anode wires connecting to the grid cap. Lower powered tubes usually have this construction internally, as opposed to external wiring. The USAF-596 is a powerful compact rectifier, and the external anode construction allows for more power in a smaller package; higher gain; better operation at higher frequency.

 

Additionally, designers had the foresight to include the "Cool factor" for later generations...wink_face.gif

 

If I misstated the facts, anyone, please correct me at once! 

post #23279 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post

FYI. 596 Group Buy is now over. thanks everyone!

 

No one does a '596' Party like Ultrainferno!

beerchug.gif

post #23280 of 31091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibuckhobby View Post

Just bought a used WA6 with Princess 274b and PDPS.  It's a little tarnished/less shiny than the ones I see pics of here,

but it sure sounds great with the NOS 6DE7's I picked up.  Have also been trying a Amperex 5AR4 that is a bit more forward

but has a great width to the soundstage.   Reading my way through this thread, but only up to page 310 right now.

Hibuck......

 

Congrats! What color Woo?

beerchug.gif

 

For maintenance/restoration, you can use water based metal cleaner/polisher like "Twinkle." Perhaps, $6 on AMZN... 


Edited by Silent One - 11/15/12 at 5:10am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite