Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Amarra - anyone using it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amarra - anyone using it? - Page 38

post #556 of 694

I don't have any issues with Amarra crashing. It did skip a lot when I used a network drive to store music. Switched to an attached usb drive and have almost no issues now.

post #557 of 694
^ I've had skipping and other static-like issues with earlier versions, completely solved by replacing Safari with Chrome (used in background).

2.4.x Symphony crashes every time while loading in Playlist mode. Am happy with iTunes integration.
post #558 of 694

Thanks for this tip! This drives me crazy. I never imagined it was the browser causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

^ I've had skipping and other static-like issues with earlier versions, completely solved by replacing Safari with Chrome (used in background).
 
post #559 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel66 View Post

Oh btw, Amarra isn't quite $200 more than Pure Music anymore. Amarra is something like $189 now, which is now closer to Pure Music's $129.

 

I just meant another $200 to me, as I already own PM.


 

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguyalex View Post

Bought Amarra Hifi a few weeks ago. The interface is far superior to that of Pure Music and the sound is noticeably better on most tracks. Only problem is that it crashes a lot, anyone else having this problem? I'm guessing it is due to having too many programs running, which it advises against..

 

Not sure how much better the interface is when you have to use a separate playlist, but different priorities I suppose. They definitely have different interfaces.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWolff View Post

Thanks for this tip! This drives me crazy. I never imagined it was the browser causing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

^ I've had skipping and other static-like issues with earlier versions, completely solved by replacing Safari with Chrome (used in background).
 

 

I use Firefox, and just switched back to PM from Amarra because of the static thing. I think it only happens when my DAC is in attenuated mode (not outputting full voltage), I will check.

post #560 of 694

I fit this criteria too. I keep my D1 at 82, not at full 99 vol. so that I can at least get to 9-9:30 on the peak/volcano volume. 

Quote:

I use Firefox, and just switched back to PM from Amarra because of the static thing. I think it only happens when my DAC is in attenuated mode (not outputting full voltage), I will check.

post #561 of 694

I'd never have problems with the Anedio D1 (with Chrome in background), and I used its digital vol. almost exclusively. Of course it could have been causing the issues in the first place.

post #562 of 694

I'm going to have to try chrome since I don't like keeping the d1 at 99, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

I'd never have problems with the Anedio D1 (with Chrome in background), and I used its digital vol. almost exclusively. Of course it could have been causing the issues in the first place.

post #563 of 694

I'm happy to report that my static issue was evidently all headphone-related (loose HE6 connector), no problems with Amarra besides the fact that it can "wake up cranky" sometimes. Very different than PM in more than just sound quality.

post #564 of 694

Pulled down Mountain Lion early this morning (0545 hrs). Only spent an hour perusing tracks with Amarra 2.4. Looking forward to tonight's listening session for deeper impressions. But early indications suggest:

 

- 'ML' sounds better than' L' sonically out the gate. biggrin.gif

- Amarra sounds like it's playing back a bit too fast! blink.gif

 

 

Homework @ 2300 hours!

post #565 of 694

^ Keep us updated.

post #566 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Pulled down Mountain Lion early this morning (0545 hrs). Only spent an hour perusing tracks with Amarra 2.4. Looking forward to tonight's listening session for deeper impressions. But early indications suggest:

 

- 'ML' sounds better than' L' sonically out the gate. biggrin.gif

- Amarra sounds like it's playing back a bit too fast! blink.gif

 

 

Homework @ 2300 hours!

Interesting my friend also concurs that ML is much better sonically than Lion or Snow Leopard with Audirvana Plus in Direct and Integer mode.

post #567 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

Pulled down Mountain Lion early this morning (0545 hrs). Only spent an hour perusing tracks with Amarra 2.4. Looking forward to tonight's listening session for deeper impressions. But early indications suggest:

 

- 'ML' sounds better than' L' sonically out the gate. biggrin.gif

- Amarra sounds like it's playing back a bit too fast! blink.gif

 

 

Homework @ 2300 hours!

Interesting my friend also concurs that ML is much better sonically than Lion or Snow Leopard with Audirvana Plus in Direct and Integer mode.

 

I needn't strain to hear the difference either. Walking along the audio path, low level detail and a change in tone just casually began to unfold before me. Will examine kitty for the usual suspects later tonight; tomorrow. You know, Speed, Timbre, Detail, Depth, Separation, Sound stage and so on...

post #568 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

I needn't strain to hear the difference either. Walking along the audio path, low level detail and a change in tone just casually began to unfold before me. Will examine kitty for the usual suspects later tonight; tomorrow. You know, Speed, Timbre, Detail, Depth, Separation, Sound stage and so on...

I guess you're saying it's safe to upgrade now...biggrin.gif

post #569 of 694

I'm more of a late adopter.  I let me friend discover the bugs and then follow along 6 months or so later.  Heck, I still  don't even have a solid state drive in my mini.

post #570 of 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

I'm more of a late adopter.  I let me friend discover the bugs and then follow along 6 months or so later.  Heck, I still  don't even have a solid state drive in my mini.

 

SSD - Speed kills...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Amarra - anyone using it?