Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Who here is a high school audiophile?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who here is a high school audiophile? - Page 80

post #1186 of 1234
I'm 16. I started on this never-ending audio trail at 14. I have to work for money for all my equipment, but I still feel extremely fortunate to live in a place where people want their lawns done and will pay for it. smily_headphones1.gif
post #1187 of 1234
Posted in this thread a long time ago, but got new gear since then. I'm turning 17 next month biggrin.gif

Current gear:
Aune T1
Hidimediy Sabre
Fiio e11
Headphones: Dt880, MA900, Q40, JVC S500's, Denon c300.
post #1188 of 1234

Hello! I am a sixteen year old of senior high school.

My set up is really basic, so here it is:

Beyerdynamic DT 660 - Neutral headphone that is very affordable and beautiful sounding all around.

Sound Card - (Model Coming Soon... NVIDIA sound card I believe)

 

I have thought about upgrading, but after you reach the $200 dollar range you really seem to need a headphone set up, not just headphones. Perhaps one day I may get the schiit magni/modi combo, seeing as it is relatively affordable and it seems pretty adaptable to many headphones.

 

EDIT: Maybe Fiio E17 coming soon.

post #1189 of 1234
I've owned ATH-M50s, Grado SR80is, and Sennheiser Momentums, but right now I only have my DT990s and my PA2v2. I'm saving for an Objective 2 amp and Hifiman HE-400s.
post #1190 of 1234

don't know why I didn't see this thread before. :P

nice to see im not alone (although never met anyone that have this hobby that was under 17years old  in my country [isreal])

 

im 15 years old, started the hobby with beats pro:o a year and a half ago...

 

my current gear:

AKG Q70

DT880

 

lovely cube

RW AMP1

 

UD110.

post #1191 of 1234

16 going into 11th sony mdr v-6 astrotec am-90 fiio e6

post #1192 of 1234
I am 15 and got my DT990!!!
post #1193 of 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanlau1999 View Post

I am 15 and got my DT990!!!
High fives all around.
post #1194 of 1234

My last post was in April..

 

Basically things have gotten worse...

 

Headphones (Favorite to least favorite): 
HD650
Q701 Lime
Sennheiser HD7 DJ
V-Moda XS
Koss PortaPro
Koss TBSE (ProDJ100)


IEM: Shure SE215 (Coming Soon) 

 

Gone:
Sennheiser HD558
Sony MDR-V6 
Denon-D600
HD439
SHE9000
SHE3582
Westone W20

 

 

Sources:
Schiit Asgard 2
Schiit Modi
Samsung Galaxy S3
Asus Xonar DG
Pioneer VSX-D608

 

Other:
Sony SS-B1000 5-1/4-Inch Bookshelf Speakers

/29/1

post #1195 of 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post

My last post was in April..

Basically things have gotten worse...

Headphones (Favorite to least favorite): 

HD650

Q701 Lime

Sennheiser HD7 DJ

V-Moda XS

Koss PortaPro

Koss TBSE (ProDJ100)


IEM: Shure SE215 (Coming Soon) 

Gone:

Sennheiser HD558

Sony MDR-V6 

Denon-D600

HD439

SHE9000

SHE3582

Westone W20


Sources:

Schiit Asgard 2

Schiit Modi

Samsung Galaxy S3

Asus Xonar DG

Pioneer VSX-D608

Other:

Sony SS-B1000 5-1/4-Inch Bookshelf Speakers
/29/1
dang, quite a collection, I moved to just a cheaper speaker system and actually just got my uturn orbit record player a few days ago. ^.^
post #1196 of 1234

Hi :3 My name is Jacob, I'm 17 years old and am currently in grade 12. I live in a fair size town, up in the frozen tundra known as Canada.

My current gear include the: Hifiman He-400, HD650's, HD598's, HD518's, Grado sr60's, Denon D600's and the V-moda crossfade lp's. 

post #1197 of 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningsmerf View Post

Hi :3 My name is Jacob, I'm 17 years old and am currently in grade 12. I live in a fair size town, up in the frozen tundra known as Canada.
My current gear include the: Hifiman He-400, HD650's, HD598's, HD518's, Grado sr60's, Denon D600's and the V-moda crossfade lp's. 
Welcome from the completely different climate of Arizona! That's a nice collection of 'phones. What amps and sources do you use?
post #1198 of 1234

finally got theme!!! :D

morel solan:

and Onkyo 607!

pictures of the setup in my room will be soon. :)

post #1199 of 1234
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner116 View Post


Welcome from the completely different climate of Arizona! That's a nice collection of 'phones. What amps and sources do you use?

I'm currently amping from, a peachtree decco65. Sadly I'm starting to see im going to need more power, so i may upgrade to a schiit lyr/ Loki combo :3

post #1200 of 1234

TFW you get bothered by the size difference between your DAC and amp but are on a tight budget.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Who here is a high school audiophile?