Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Who here is a high school audiophile?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who here is a high school audiophile? - Page 69

post #1021 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Hello,

8th grader here, going to 9th on May.
same. biggrin.gif

Haha. Awesome.
post #1022 of 1227

How the heck do both of you have the money to get HE400s? I can understand once you're in high school, since you're actually able to get a job. But heck, I just bought my first headphone that cost me over $100 last week. Albeit, I've been pretty lucky in finding stuff for cheap, but still.

post #1023 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

How the heck do both of you have the money to get HE400s? I can understand once you're in high school, since you're actually able to get a job. But heck, I just bought my first headphone that cost me over $100 last week. Albeit, I've been pretty lucky in finding stuff for cheap, but still.
I've had a job setting pins at a bowling alley, and build computers for a fee...
post #1024 of 1227

Ah, that's cool; around here, you can't get a job until 16. You're technically able to, but you rarely get the job.

post #1025 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Ah, that's cool; around here, you can't get a job until 16. You're technically able to, but you rarely get the job.
there's only 1 place, and the PC thing is a hobby if mine. wink.gif
post #1026 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

How the heck do both of you have the money to get HE400s? I can understand once you're in high school, since you're actually able to get a job. But heck, I just bought my first headphone that cost me over $100 last week. Albeit, I've been pretty lucky in finding stuff for cheap, but still.

Not spoiled at all. And I'm getting it around July when I go to Cali. I make websites and save money from them.
post #1027 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Ah, that's cool; around here, you can't get a job until 16. You're technically able to, but you rarely get the job.
there's only 1 place, and the PC thing is a hobby if mine. wink.gif

I'm actually planning to make a computer job on my own. But here in Ecuador there is no audience.
post #1028 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Not spoiled at all. And I'm getting it around July when I go to Cali. I make websites and save money from them.
Nice! I'm taking a 3 week Web Design course... Maybe I could do that as well!
post #1029 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

Not spoiled at all. And I'm getting it around July when I go to Cali. I make websites and save money from them.
Nice! I'm taking a 3 week Web Design course... Maybe I could do that as well!

I can't show you the one I did for a customer my dad has, because it's temporarily down. But it's pretty neat. I'm doing one now for my uncle.
post #1030 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I can't show you the one I did for a customer my dad has, because it's temporarily down. But it's pretty neat. I'm doing one now for my uncle.
why's it down? tongue.gif
post #1031 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanseAmador View Post

I can't show you the one I did for a customer my dad has, because it's temporarily down. But it's pretty neat. I'm doing one now for my uncle.
why's it down? tongue.gif

Because they forgot to pay the domain hosting, lol biggrin.gif
post #1032 of 1227
I do websites occasionally. I made mine. http://dutchgfx.com biggrin.gif
post #1033 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopanthersgo1 View Post

Nice! I'm taking a 3 week Web Design course... Maybe I could do that as well!
Web design is fairly lucrative. I have a friend who does web coding on the side(he also does iApps and a degree in Physics) who gets several offers every quarter and is paid on average £1-2K each.
I didn't make that kind of money when I did animation and 3D.
Edited by Tangster - 4/2/13 at 8:31am
post #1034 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Web design is fairly lucrative. I have a friend who does web coding on the side(he also does iApps and a degree in Physics) who gets several offers every quarter and is paid on average £1-2K each.
I didn't make that kind of money when I did animation and 3D.

I refuse to do paid work nowadays. Don't have the time, I just do my animation and 3D for fun now
post #1035 of 1227
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGFX View Post

I refuse to do paid work nowadays. Don't have the time, I just do my animation and 3D for fun now
I found it had to refuse when I had loads of spare time(I was 16-18) and raked in around £200-500 a job. Now, I don't even have time for my own personal work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Who here is a high school audiophile?