- 1,857 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Upstate
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 2/17/16 at 10:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 667post #9991 of 107353/4/14 at 8:08pmNot that I saw.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9992 of 107353/4/14 at 8:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by vwinter
I did not compare them extensively
But have heard the JH13FP demo, and had a week with the 1p2 and purely from memory, the 1p2 sounds waaaay more out of head than the JH13FP. The JH sounds like a very 3D bubble around your head with amazing imaging. The 1p2 sounds like it very literally puts things way out in front of you.
As far as clarity goes, in the sense of it sounds like there is literally nothing between you and the images, the UERM has both beat, but is more liquid sounding than both. Again from memory.
If you already ordered the JH13FP, enjoy and don't worry, because if the demo is any indication, you'll be very happy because it is a fantastic IEM.
Interesting. So you're saying that the JH13 has better 3-Dness (gosh if that'd even make sense) and the 1+2 has more width? That's something I'd expect given the 1+2's semi-open design.
Actually I think I'd be really happy with any of the 3 you have mentioned. It was more of a matter of convenience and affordability rather than sound quality. I actually had all 3 in my sight at some points in time before, but since we have a local JH dealer here in Vietnam (and none of UE's, mind you) and because I could not afford the 1+2, I figured I'd just go with the 13. Not to mention that all the glowing reviews that I have read seem to point to the JH13 being the one to rule them all. The scary thing was that both normal consumers like us and professional reviewers seem to have a a nearly perfectly uniform view on how fantastic they are, which was of tremendous help when buying something with a custom nature.post #9993 of 107353/4/14 at 8:33pmQuote:
Having owned both for a long while now,I agree and you are spot on in their characteristics.Quote:
I wish I could pay the "$100 rush fee" for the CF roxanne. I have lost faith it would ever come. In contrast, I didn't even know there is a rush fee option when I got my JH13pro but I got it within 3 weeks.
Edited by kkcc - 3/4/14 at 8:34pmpost #9994 of 107353/4/14 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by fathom
I'm going to lend another vote for this. I didn't pay the extra $100 "rush fee", and I waited in frustration as I read comments from others who ordered after me and got their JH-13s before me and reported perfect fits. When I got mine, they were quite bad: ridiculously bad fit and tons of bubbles throughout the acrylic. They looked like whoever made them didn't care at all. I sent them back with a set of newly made impressions — both to demonstrate how off they were and to ensure that they had a set of good impressions — and have been waiting two weeks since they received the new impressions and the returned IEMs. I'm still waiting to hear back.
Based on the feedback from others who have paid the rush fee, I now believe that the "rush fee" should be considered as part of the price of the product by any customer who wants to be taken seriously and treated as a 1st-class citizen. If I had paid the rush fee, I get the feeling that my order would have been treated as an "important" order for a preferred customer. I think that is the main benefit: the "rush" is just an extra perk. Certainly, my experience does not make me feel like an important customer — more like a 2nd-class citizen to the celebrity musicians that they serve and those who paid for preferential treatment. (and still no product or even any indication that there will ever be... although I trust that this will eventually be worked out.)
Although I can't be entirely sure that I wouldn't have faced the same problems if I had paid the extra $100, I have definitely paid far more than that in trying to overcome JHAs inadequacies: in the price for the new impressions, return shipping, and time required to leave work to get the impressions, ship them, and attempts at contacting JH Audio.
So, yeah... just pay the extra $100 and consider it part of the cost. Then you'll have some leverage if you end up in a situation like me.
Actually i don't really mind waiting for them. But i think that a key point that im considering the $100 rush processing is noting that it might improve the quality of my CIEMs, as fathom has mentioned above. Contemplating if they do indeed treat rush processing with a higher notch of workmanship..post #9995 of 107353/4/14 at 10:13pmQuote:
I ordered a week ago and I don't think I saw that option either. Hope mine doesn't turn out to be bad in quality too. My impressions unfortunately aren't the greatest..post #9996 of 107353/4/14 at 10:18pmQuote:
Oh, what exactly went wrong with your set of impressions?post #9997 of 107353/4/14 at 11:37pmpost #9998 of 107353/5/14 at 4:51ampost #9999 of 107353/5/14 at 4:19pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by SoupRKnowvaOriginally Posted by Bananaheadlin
I ordered a week ago and I don't think I saw that option either. Hope mine doesn't turn out to be bad in quality too. My impressions unfortunately aren't the greatest.
More importantly, if you could already tell they were bad, why would you send them in at all? Get them redone
I agree. If your impressions are bad, then your result is almost guaranteed to be bad, regardless of quality workmanship (or lack thereof).
In contrast, my impressions were good (I've done this before), and somehow the resulting CIEMs were misshapen. I can't 100% assign blame, because something strange could have happened in shipping. But, the poor workmanship coupled with the misfit, then further coupled with long periods of no/poor communication, starts to paint a picture. I'm just hoping that I can get this resolved soon. $1100 (plus two sets of impressions, shipping, etc.) is not insignificant to me, so I'm going to ride this until they get it right.
I'm just wondering if I had paid $100 for rush, if more attention would have been paid to making them properly the first time, and if not, whether the repair would have been prioritized (which is clearly not the case, at this point).post #10000 of 107353/5/14 at 7:11pmI'm not sure what the wait is now but when I got mine it was 4-5 weeks and around 10 days or so for each refit so it isn't exactly fast. I went through a good audiologist and 2 refits so having bad impressions definitely won't help.post #10001 of 107353/5/14 at 8:29pmQuote:
I read in the Roxanne's thread recently that the current lead time for normal product lines (anything apart from the Roxanne) was 3-4 weeks, probably because the Roxanne is hogging most of the attention right now. But yeah, if you could tell that your impression were bad already, then high chances that the final product would not be any better. I was told that I got pretty straight canals and my ears' geometry was actually simpler than most people's, but I made sure to take a good 5 minutes examining my impression and found that there was no major problem. They both went past the second bend of the canals, and while there were a bit of tiny holes here and there, they would be simple enough for the folks at JHA to work out.post #10002 of 107353/5/14 at 8:40pmpost #10003 of 107353/5/14 at 8:57pmI was quoted 4-6 weeks by my local dealer. Minus the 1 week of shipping back and forth, that probably would take between 3 to 5 weeks for them to finish making mine. My order was placed around the middle of Feb though, so I'd imagine they probably would have stuff sorted out with the Roxanne by that time.
Btw, why do you think your impressions were bad? In my knowledge, if they were, say, bad beyond bad, then obviously JHA would not accept them right? Were they "reasonably" bad?post #10004 of 107353/6/14 at 7:17ampost #10005 of 107353/6/14 at 7:25amQuote:
I have read somewhere before that outside of the initial refit window, JHA would do refitting for $50.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best settings for Handbrake when converting for iPhone 6s? 10 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 1 minute ago
- › 2015 Acoustic Research M2 Audiophile-Grade Hi-Res Portable Player -... 1 minute ago
- › Pioneer XDP-100R 4 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 8 minutes ago
- › Audiofly AF180 Performance Series Impression&Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 11 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...