- 10,342 Posts. Joined 10/2008
- Location: NYC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 1/2/17 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 665post #9961 of 107402/25/14 at 8:58amI thought the jh10x3 was good when I heard a demo a while back. It's definitely the most neutral of the JHaudio customs that I've heard. It's definitely less bass and warm compared to the jh5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9962 of 107402/25/14 at 2:57pmQuote:
I thought JH10 was the most neutral?post #9963 of 107402/26/14 at 5:36am
So excited to join this "club". I've had some inearz remolded TF10s, but man, the clarity difference between those and the JH13s are amazing! I can't wait to use these on stage. I love the new cases too!post #9964 of 107402/26/14 at 6:08ampost #9965 of 107402/26/14 at 6:43am
Boy you guys are making the wait all the more painful...
One question, have anyone tried using the Apex Glacier DAC/AMP to drive their JH13's? What are you thoughts on the pairing?post #9966 of 107402/26/14 at 8:25ampost #9967 of 107402/26/14 at 4:29pm
Almost 5 years later, and the JH13's are still the listening device I reach for most often. And they've never sounded better than with the HM-901 (+IEM card):post #9968 of 107402/26/14 at 4:46pmQuote:
I'm posting an in-depth review of the 901 soon, but the TLDR version as far as the amp card goes is that it's a significant upgrade, better control of the drivers across the spectrum, more balanced frequency response, and a more open presentation. The standard amp card isn't bad, in fact, I preferred it to the Pico Slim, but the IEM card is really worth it. It's $1199 new with the IEM card.post #9969 of 107402/26/14 at 11:45pm
I think I have played around with enough of those all-in-one box solutions to call it quit now. Sure, sonically none of them disappointed, but there were always one or two areas where they left a bit or even a lot to be desired, and after a while the inconvenience managed to offset what they had to offer in terms of sound quality. The best compromise was perhaps the Studio V 2.0, it performed admirably while being extremely tiny and having monstrous battery life compared to the other offerings, but the UI was nothing less than a pain in the neck.
With that said, I'm going back to an iOS-based setup, hence the Glacier-related question.post #9970 of 107402/27/14 at 1:30ampost #9971 of 107402/27/14 at 2:32am
I think both the pre-FP and FP versions have more presence in the midrange compared to the Miracle, leading to more aggressiveness, with the original being 'lusher' (eeeek!) but less clear. The FP version is said to pull ahead the Miracle a bit in clarity, imaging, soundstage and resolution. Joker's review of the JH13 FP made some comparison between it and the Miracle, so it could be a good starting point. I honestly think that you cannot go wrong with either, it's more of a matter of preferences and what you can afford instead of capabilities.post #9972 of 107403/2/14 at 7:10pmpost #9973 of 107403/2/14 at 11:58pmQuote:
Agreed. Clarity and transparency for the JH13fp is really second to none (i have yet to properly demo the Roxanne or K10). It is amazing they can achieve this without sacrificing the musicality and richness of the notes delivery.post #9974 of 107403/3/14 at 12:08amQuote:Quote:
Sorry could any (or both) of you answer this question: How do the 13's fare against the Tralucent 1Plus2? Would they have the 1+2 beat in the clarity department?post #9975 of 107403/3/14 at 12:20amQuote:
I would rate them on the same level for clarity/transparency. Key differences are the sound stage and signature: jh13fp has narrower staging and more neutral/flat while 1p2 is more V-shaped comparatively. Some feel jh13fp has a bit more clarity on the sub bass region as 1p2 has a bit more mid bass and may overpower sub bass notes on some tracks, but personally I can still very distinctly pick out the sub-bass note.
Both are really top class and it should mainly be a decision based on preference on signature, sound stage, and customs v universals.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 7 seconds ago
- › AKG Y50BT Troubleshooting 51 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Equalizing LCD-2 Fazors? 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Echobox Finder X1 review/impressions/discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear