- 10,018 Posts. Joined 10/2008
- Location: NYC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 4/26/15 at 4:00am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 665post #9961 of 106872/25/14 at 8:58amI thought the jh10x3 was good when I heard a demo a while back. It's definitely the most neutral of the JHaudio customs that I've heard. It's definitely less bass and warm compared to the jh5
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9962 of 106872/25/14 at 2:57pmQuote:
I thought JH10 was the most neutral?post #9963 of 106872/26/14 at 5:36am
So excited to join this "club". I've had some inearz remolded TF10s, but man, the clarity difference between those and the JH13s are amazing! I can't wait to use these on stage. I love the new cases too!post #9964 of 106872/26/14 at 6:08ampost #9965 of 106872/26/14 at 6:43am
Boy you guys are making the wait all the more painful...
One question, have anyone tried using the Apex Glacier DAC/AMP to drive their JH13's? What are you thoughts on the pairing?post #9966 of 106872/26/14 at 8:25ampost #9967 of 106872/26/14 at 4:29pm
Almost 5 years later, and the JH13's are still the listening device I reach for most often. And they've never sounded better than with the HM-901 (+IEM card):post #9968 of 106872/26/14 at 4:46pmQuote:
I'm posting an in-depth review of the 901 soon, but the TLDR version as far as the amp card goes is that it's a significant upgrade, better control of the drivers across the spectrum, more balanced frequency response, and a more open presentation. The standard amp card isn't bad, in fact, I preferred it to the Pico Slim, but the IEM card is really worth it. It's $1199 new with the IEM card.post #9969 of 106872/26/14 at 11:45pm
I think I have played around with enough of those all-in-one box solutions to call it quit now. Sure, sonically none of them disappointed, but there were always one or two areas where they left a bit or even a lot to be desired, and after a while the inconvenience managed to offset what they had to offer in terms of sound quality. The best compromise was perhaps the Studio V 2.0, it performed admirably while being extremely tiny and having monstrous battery life compared to the other offerings, but the UI was nothing less than a pain in the neck.
With that said, I'm going back to an iOS-based setup, hence the Glacier-related question.post #9970 of 106872/27/14 at 1:30ampost #9971 of 106872/27/14 at 2:32am
I think both the pre-FP and FP versions have more presence in the midrange compared to the Miracle, leading to more aggressiveness, with the original being 'lusher' (eeeek!) but less clear. The FP version is said to pull ahead the Miracle a bit in clarity, imaging, soundstage and resolution. Joker's review of the JH13 FP made some comparison between it and the Miracle, so it could be a good starting point. I honestly think that you cannot go wrong with either, it's more of a matter of preferences and what you can afford instead of capabilities.post #9972 of 106873/2/14 at 7:10pmpost #9973 of 106873/2/14 at 11:58pmQuote:
Agreed. Clarity and transparency for the JH13fp is really second to none (i have yet to properly demo the Roxanne or K10). It is amazing they can achieve this without sacrificing the musicality and richness of the notes delivery.post #9974 of 106873/3/14 at 12:08amQuote:Quote:
Sorry could any (or both) of you answer this question: How do the 13's fare against the Tralucent 1Plus2? Would they have the 1+2 beat in the clarity department?post #9975 of 106873/3/14 at 12:20amQuote:
I would rate them on the same level for clarity/transparency. Key differences are the sound stage and signature: jh13fp has narrower staging and more neutral/flat while 1p2 is more V-shaped comparatively. Some feel jh13fp has a bit more clarity on the sub bass region as 1p2 has a bit more mid bass and may overpower sub bass notes on some tracks, but personally I can still very distinctly pick out the sub-bass note.
Both are really top class and it should mainly be a decision based on preference on signature, sound stage, and customs v universals.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Sennheiser HD800 vs Audeze LCD-2 (Rev 2) vs Denon D7000 Shootout 16 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 36 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post... 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 5 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)