Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 660

post #9886 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalGaze View Post
 

I have had the JH13 for 3 days now. These are my first customs, so I am still getting used to them. 

 

On my right ear, I have this feeling of discomfort in the canal area and anti-tragus (as mentioned on the Jhaudio website). I can still listen to the JH13 for an hour before I cannot tolerate the discomfort. Whereas the left earpiece 'disappears' in a few minutes, I know there is something 'obtrusive' in my right ear. 

 

On the FAQ page, Jhaudio mention to keep at it for a couple of weeks, and if there is still pain and irritation, to send them back for a refit. My question is this, does anyone have experience of discomfort/mild pain initially, which disappears in a week or two? Or should I have them sent back right away?

 

If you really can't take it I suggest you send it back with new impressions

post #9887 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalGaze View Post
 

I have had the JH13 for 3 days now. These are my first customs, so I am still getting used to them. 

 

On my right ear, I have this feeling of discomfort in the canal area and anti-tragus (as mentioned on the Jhaudio website). I can still listen to the JH13 for an hour before I cannot tolerate the discomfort. Whereas the left earpiece 'disappears' in a few minutes, I know there is something 'obtrusive' in my right ear. 

 

On the FAQ page, Jhaudio mention to keep at it for a couple of weeks, and if there is still pain and irritation, to send them back for a refit. My question is this, does anyone have experience of discomfort/mild pain initially, which disappears in a week or two? Or should I have them sent back right away?

This means you need a reshell.

post #9888 of 10475

FINALLY...My 13's just came. Have to go to the audiologist (Julie Glick, NYC) to pick them up and have her check the fit. Will post pics and thoughts later, barring any fit issues, of course.

post #9889 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakooj View Post
 

FINALLY...My 13's just came. Have to go to the audiologist (Julie Glick, NYC) to pick them up and have her check the fit. Will post pics and thoughts later, barring any fit issues, of course.

 

Congratulations! Could I ask how long it took for your 13s to be completed? 

post #9890 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyston23 View Post
 

 

Congratulations! Could I ask how long it took for your 13s to be completed? 

I sent them out on January 10th. I was told the current wait is 35 business days so I had them rushed for an extra $100 because my band has a gig next week and my old monitors broke. It took 10 business days plus 3 days shipping each way, so 24 days total, I was starting to worry they wouldn't come in time.

post #9891 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakooj View Post

FINALLY...My 13's just came. Have to go to the audiologist (Julie Glick, NYC) to pick them up and have her check the fit. Will post pics and thoughts later, barring any fit issues, of course.

Haha that's my audiologist as well Julie is awesome I think she should have the Roxanne universal demo now.
post #9892 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicAnthony View Post


Haha that's my audiologist as well Julie is awesome I think she should have the Roxanne universal demo now.

Yeah. She's amazing. Unfortunately, my ear canals are really narrow and I can't fit the universals in my ears (insert sad smiley here). I can't imagine any monitors sounding better than the 13s do, but Jerry is a genius, so I don't doubt it.

post #9893 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakooj View Post
 

I sent them out on January 10th. I was told the current wait is 35 business days so I had them rushed for an extra $100 because my band has a gig next week and my old monitors broke. It took 10 business days plus 3 days shipping each way, so 24 days total, I was starting to worry they wouldn't come in time.

Thanks for that mate - it gives me an idea as to when mine will be completed. Coincidentally, I ordered on the same day as you but mine wasn't an urgent order :( 

 

Hope you have a great time with your new pair of JH13s!  

post #9894 of 10475

 

So I've had a full day with them. Only regret I had was not getting the custom artwork because of the lack of time for my artist buddy to have the design ready. Holy Schnikes!!! I've only heard this kind of clarity from studio cans and monitors. The imaging and clarity is just amazing, theres just so much space. You can really feel how the producer wanted to tracks to sound. I revisited all sorts of music and got a chance to re-hear it in its full glory. Simply Amazing.

post #9895 of 10475
Glad to hear that you are enjoying them. I just called today to have my 13's expedited as they just received my impressions last Friday. They are slated to ship on the 13th and deliver on the 14th. Very excited and well worth the extra 100.
post #9896 of 10475
Just officially jumped on the JH13s' bandwagon. Well it has been a while saving up and trying to make the leap, but I sure do hope they live up to all the rave reviews out there. I don't dare think this will be my end game IEM, but it should at least serve as a stopping point for quite some time smily_headphones1.gif
post #9897 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post

Just officially jumped on the JH13s' bandwagon. Well it has been a while saving up and trying to make the leap, but I sure do hope they live up to all the rave reviews out there. I don't dare think this will be my end game IEM, but it should at least serve as a stopping point for quite some time smily_headphones1.gif

I've been selling off all my other IEMs and kept the JH13 Freq Ph model as they are simply that good that I don't want anything else...well maybe the Roxanne when reviews eventually start to appear.

 

With the JH13s be so revealing, keep in mind Sh*t in, Sh*t out ! Make sure you feed them with the best sources that you can.

post #9898 of 10475
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryten123 View Post
 

I've been selling off all my other IEMs and kept the JH13 Freq Ph model as they are simply that good that I don't want anything else...well maybe the Roxanne when reviews eventually start to appear.

 

With the JH13s be so revealing, keep in mind Sh*t in, Sh*t out ! Make sure you feed them with the best sources that you can.

Thanks! 

 

I'm not so sure if the upcoming JH13FP would completely satisfy me like it did in your case, but the one thing I'm certain is that with its addition all of my bases are pretty much covered. With no further IEM purchases in sight, hopefully I could put some of the money into a decent source somewhere down the line. Used to own a DX100, while the sound was lovely, the bulk and low battery life were such a pain in the neck that I eventually gave up on it.

post #9899 of 10475
In my opinion the jh13/16 models are endgame iems. Preference obviously comes into play, but I appreciate different sound signatures and the jh models have a unique ability to capture the best qualities of most sound signatures. For example there seems to be trade-offs and sacrifices with iems, where some excel in certain areas and fall noticably short in others. The JH iems do an incredible job at taking many "paradoxical" qualities of different iem's and combining them with a realistic tone.

The opposing qualities that jh seems to combine are

Highs: clear, forward, extended, and very fast while maintaining a realistic decay, smoothness, and minimal sibilance. It seems that many iems are either harsh, peaky, and edgy, clinical, or over-analytical or on the other end of the spectrum they are rolled off, veiled, distant, or tinny. There are some exeptions (4.ai, er4, w4), but usually at the expense of other frequencies.

Mids: The jh iems draw a great compromise between being clear, detailed and accurate while not being dry. Mids seem to be either lush and thick at the expense of clarity, ending up musical but congested and slow, or they are clear and detailed but dry and less smooth. The jh models are lush, liquid, clear, musical, and detailed all at the same time.

Lows: Low frequencies seem to be slightly more subjective in this community than the others, but I don't see how anyone could dislike the lows of the jh13. While I find them lacking in some recordings and kick on the bass boost of the e12, i find i like them more than the jh16's bass simply because of quantity. Somtimes the jh16 bass just gets in the way. But either way they both have amazing low end extension. Again they draw a near perfect compromise between clarity, texture, and impact. They have enough impact to make up for the lack of "feel it in your chest" bass that speakers provide, while not intruding in on the mids or veiling the texture of the bass. It seems that the compromise in bass is impact for texture, or quantity at the expense of quality, and the jh models have both.

Presentation wise, these iem's again seem to blend opposing qualities. They are intimate, impactful, and offer a very forward and in your face presentation. At the same time, they have a very wide soundstage and both presentation and imaging are accurate. My w4's offer great imaging and presentation of sound stage, but they don't have the visceral impact and attack of the jh models. The sheer impact of the notes can make the jh models fatiguing, but I find it engaging. The w4's just sound a little more distant and not so aggressive and "in your face."

The last combination of qualities that i havent found in another iem that is unique to the jh13 is the ability to sound accurate and detailed without sounding thin overall. They are a very full bodied sound, but never get congested or slow. The jh16 has too much bass to accomplish this feat. They almost sound thin without actually sounding thin, if that makes sense. The pfe 232 sounds thin. It is as accurate and as fast as the jh13, but the pfe232 sounds thin, and the jh13 does not, even while maintaining the accuracy, speed, and detail of the pfe 232.

--END GAME--
Edited by kernel8888 - 2/7/14 at 9:20am
post #9900 of 10475
I think any IEM at this level has endgame potential, which everyone knows is defined as enjoy your purchase without a real itch to buy anything else for about 3 years until you start wondering what's going on with the market/hobby, and then you see that everything has changed, so and so absolutely DESTROYS what you considered endgame, and then you go blink.gif and endgame becomes rematch.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread