Anyone has sent in to JH for refit?. did you just fill up the re-fit guide and it all worked out?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 1/2/17 at 12:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
These headphones are made for listening to modern extreme genres of loud brickwalled poor-quality metal. They smoothen out spikiness and make drums sound so powerful and quick as if your head was...
Greetings, We all know it's coming, whether we like it or not. The wireless wave is upon us. Pretty much every major earphone manufacturer has a wireless option, and there are countless others...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 621
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9302 of 107407/15/13 at 7:46pm
The ladies have arrived. They are stunning in red and fits prefectly.
I was shocked when i first heard them (studio V on max volume; kidding). The soundstage and resolution is a very obvious upgrade from the IE80. The disgustingly overpowered bass of the IE80 has died down, while still having enough punch and emphasis to make me smile. I have been listening to them for about three hours now while installing hardwood on out basement. PURE BLISS . Though I wish there is more emphasis on the mids/vocals (my sweet spot), but according to others from this thread, it opens up after some hundred hours of burn in. This I hope is true.
If only my cables are black ; it would match my studio V and these beauts. Plussound only offers silver & silver+gold in clear-transparent, making them appear white.
On another note, do any of you use the included comply soft wraps? I've been using them and they are some what uncomfortable to remove and put back in, with very minute difference inisolation and fit (subtle, but almost unnoticeable).post #9303 of 107407/15/13 at 8:20pmHoly dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly lolpost #9304 of 107407/15/13 at 9:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Grimtuth
Holy dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly lol
Yeah, I find it takes a little practice, but from my experience atm, it doesn't take long before you hit that sweet spot the first time every time.post #9305 of 107407/15/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
It's funny, one would think that customs would fit more easily than generics, but it turns out you have to be even more careful because there's only one way they fit ;-)post #9306 of 107407/16/13 at 4:14am
My tips are short. I just pop them in quickly and push the caps firmly against my ears. Takes me less time to situate than universals. I don't need to twist etc. Once in, you should be able to firmly push the center of the cap portion against your ear. When the pressure is release, they should still be where they belong. My first bend is rather shallow and is barely reached so I can have this fit with stability. It will be a bit different for everyone.post #9307 of 107407/17/13 at 12:50amDidnt want to admit it, but my right earpiece is a lil bit shallow and is lacking some girth. Its just not as secure as the left earpiece. i dont want to see them go as i just got them...
Anyone know the avrg. Turnover time for a reshell?post #9308 of 107407/17/13 at 2:48ampost #9309 of 107407/17/13 at 2:49amQuote:
If you live in the US and just bought them, 3 days. Otherwise 5. Basically 1 day for them to do it, and 1-2 days shipping each way.post #9310 of 107407/17/13 at 4:52amQuote:
You could try a bit of clear nail polish to test but stay away from the bores and it can be removed with nail polish remover. At least that worked for me. I did the last bit of fine tune myself but I wouldn't recommend sanding if you intend to use the fit warranty.post #9311 of 107407/17/13 at 10:40ampost #9312 of 107407/17/13 at 11:12am
Comply wraps are a band-aid for a bad fit in my opinion. Possibly use them when you need an extra isolating fit. Mine fit a little different than my UERM. My JH13 tips don't go as deep, but are a little fatter - they both block about the same amount of noise.post #9313 of 107407/18/13 at 8:19amQuote:
Thanks for the reply, they fit and sound better to my ears without the wraps.post #9314 of 107407/18/13 at 2:49pm
Still the left earpiece feels a bit tight in the ear canal. Os is it that the tip is too long? How can I tell? I need to diferentiate cause that's required on the refit form on JHAudio's site. All I know is that after a few hours of use, my left earcanal hurts a little bit.
I hope a refit can solve this... but what if it comes back too loose?
Maybe I should give a couple of days and see if my ear can get used to the pressure?
The right earpiece fits perfectly though. since first use, even with the wraps. It's like there's nothing on my ears at all. I would like to have this feeling on both ears.post #9315 of 107407/18/13 at 3:51pm
My Heirs seemed a bit tight when I got them on 7/5 - there was a bit of pain deep in the left canal at first - now they fit like a glove with NO pain - they isolate better than any headphone I have owned. It is like they aren't there, just music entering my head. I would give it some time as the last thing you want is for them to adjust you out of what could be a proper fit.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Durable Audiophile Headphones Recommendations 34 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo TT vs Simaudio Moon HAD 430 43 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones by msturg29
- › Avantree Clari Air by msturg29
- › Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds Stereo Headphones, Ghostek Silencer... by msturg29
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear