Hmm, the otterbox seems slimmer than the pelican but cant u just cut up the pelican foam and stick it inside the otterbox case instead? U get foam as well as a slimmer case that way
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 2/20/15 at 5:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 615
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9212 of 105406/21/13 at 8:47ampost #9213 of 105406/21/13 at 8:56amQuote:
sometimes I need the space in the Pelican for an extra cable, but I am ordering another foam for the Otterbox nowpost #9214 of 105406/21/13 at 5:35pmpost #9215 of 105406/21/13 at 6:16pm
I received my new JH-13s last week.
The context of my impressions is that I:
- Owned Etymotics ER4S for about 8 years, and paired them with one of the cheaper portable Headroom amps.
- Upgraded to JH-13s with a Corda Symphony II and used them for about 3 years before a dog ate them.
- Bought a pair of HD650s, while I owned the JH13s, and never used them because of the complete lack of detail and imaging, and vague and exaggerated bass, and
- Hadn't listened to anything for ~6 months after the JH13s were eaten, but in the last month had been listening to the HD650s for want of anything else.
I remember why I love them: such neutrality, precision, and detail. Bass is controlled and neutral. Mids are perhaps a little more prominent than the bass/highs, but in a way that accentuates texture and detail in voices and instruments. I can hear the resonance of strings and the bodies of instruments; the rasp of fingers across strings and keyboards. Highs do not sparkle, but nor should they: I think that the essential impression is how wondrously balanced these are. Nothing stands out, which is exactly how it should be. The same is true of the imaging and soundstage: if I care to do so, I can locate even the softest instrument and tiniest details (to the point of hearing background noises in the studio), but if I don't concentrate, then everything again merges into a literally-harmonious whole.
Fking rockin' Very pleased. Also very pleased with the new case, which (for me) wasn't a Pelican case/otterbox, but something shaped like a hockey puck. The top half screws into the bottom half, and it has been made from what seems to be black anodized aluminium that has been milled from a solid block. This time, my name was even spelled correctly; bonus!
Edited by katalyst^ - 6/21/13 at 6:20pmpost #9216 of 105406/21/13 at 6:54pm
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.post #9217 of 105406/21/13 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by chengsta
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.
:O what pants are u wearing to be able to put those in your pocket? I admit the case is solid and has room for both the iems and spare cables but its soooo thick ><post #9218 of 105406/21/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Im just wearing normal jeans. But the truth is that I've lost some weight and so all my pants are a bit oversized and I can't afford any new ones thanks to buying the jh16's lol.post #9219 of 105406/21/13 at 9:03pmpost #9220 of 105406/22/13 at 2:19ampost #9221 of 105406/26/13 at 8:02am
They look gorgeous... Congrats!
Mine won't be as beautiful, I'm afraid...post #9222 of 105406/26/13 at 10:30ampost #9223 of 105406/26/13 at 11:32pm
I got my Jh13 last week. I bought these used, and got them reshelled by InEarz.
I'm looking for a good aftermarket cable, mainly the Moon Audio iem cables(still debating on wether to go with the silver dragon or black dragon). Or any other suggestions are welcomed.
EDIT: For more pictures, click here!
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:23ampost #9224 of 105406/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
How did you get on with InEarz?
PM me if you'd ratherpost #9225 of 105406/27/13 at 12:18amQuote:
1. I first contacted them through email. I got a response within 48 hours. Both through email and a couple of phone calls, they were polite, and happy for my business.
2. I'm actually surprised at how good these turned out, I am very happy with the work.. Great value!
3. it was 15 days total turnaround from the time they received my Jh13's.
4. very nice work, especially for the price I paid and the time it took to get them, compared to other companies(currently).
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best Amp/Dac Recommendations Under $2000 for the Alpha Prime... 5 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 22 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 34 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 34 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 1 minute ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 24 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3