Hmm, the otterbox seems slimmer than the pelican but cant u just cut up the pelican foam and stick it inside the otterbox case instead? U get foam as well as a slimmer case that way
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 7/28/14 at 2:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 615
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9212 of 103256/21/13 at 8:47ampost #9213 of 103256/21/13 at 8:56amQuote:
sometimes I need the space in the Pelican for an extra cable, but I am ordering another foam for the Otterbox nowpost #9214 of 103256/21/13 at 5:35pmpost #9215 of 103256/21/13 at 6:16pm
I received my new JH-13s last week.
The context of my impressions is that I:
- Owned Etymotics ER4S for about 8 years, and paired them with one of the cheaper portable Headroom amps.
- Upgraded to JH-13s with a Corda Symphony II and used them for about 3 years before a dog ate them.
- Bought a pair of HD650s, while I owned the JH13s, and never used them because of the complete lack of detail and imaging, and vague and exaggerated bass, and
- Hadn't listened to anything for ~6 months after the JH13s were eaten, but in the last month had been listening to the HD650s for want of anything else.
I remember why I love them: such neutrality, precision, and detail. Bass is controlled and neutral. Mids are perhaps a little more prominent than the bass/highs, but in a way that accentuates texture and detail in voices and instruments. I can hear the resonance of strings and the bodies of instruments; the rasp of fingers across strings and keyboards. Highs do not sparkle, but nor should they: I think that the essential impression is how wondrously balanced these are. Nothing stands out, which is exactly how it should be. The same is true of the imaging and soundstage: if I care to do so, I can locate even the softest instrument and tiniest details (to the point of hearing background noises in the studio), but if I don't concentrate, then everything again merges into a literally-harmonious whole.
Fking rockin' Very pleased. Also very pleased with the new case, which (for me) wasn't a Pelican case/otterbox, but something shaped like a hockey puck. The top half screws into the bottom half, and it has been made from what seems to be black anodized aluminium that has been milled from a solid block. This time, my name was even spelled correctly; bonus!
Edited by katalyst^ - 6/21/13 at 6:20pmpost #9216 of 103256/21/13 at 6:54pm
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.post #9217 of 103256/21/13 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by chengsta
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.
:O what pants are u wearing to be able to put those in your pocket? I admit the case is solid and has room for both the iems and spare cables but its soooo thick ><post #9218 of 103256/21/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Im just wearing normal jeans. But the truth is that I've lost some weight and so all my pants are a bit oversized and I can't afford any new ones thanks to buying the jh16's lol.post #9219 of 103256/21/13 at 9:03pmpost #9220 of 103256/22/13 at 2:19ampost #9221 of 103256/26/13 at 8:02am
They look gorgeous... Congrats!
Mine won't be as beautiful, I'm afraid...post #9222 of 103256/26/13 at 10:30ampost #9223 of 103256/26/13 at 11:32pm
I got my Jh13 last week. I bought these used, and got them reshelled by InEarz.
I'm looking for a good aftermarket cable, mainly the Moon Audio iem cables(still debating on wether to go with the silver dragon or black dragon). Or any other suggestions are welcomed.
EDIT: For more pictures, click here!
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:23ampost #9224 of 103256/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
How did you get on with InEarz?
PM me if you'd ratherpost #9225 of 103256/27/13 at 12:18amQuote:
1. I first contacted them through email. I got a response within 48 hours. Both through email and a couple of phone calls, they were polite, and happy for my business.
2. I'm actually surprised at how good these turned out, I am very happy with the work.. Great value!
3. it was 15 days total turnaround from the time they received my Jh13's.
4. very nice work, especially for the price I paid and the time it took to get them, compared to other companies(currently).
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Denon AH-D7000 39 seconds ago
- › ALO audio New amp+DAC : "The International" 1 minute ago
- › DENON DA-10 DSD - New portable DAC/Headphone AMP 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 5 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 11 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)