Hmm, the otterbox seems slimmer than the pelican but cant u just cut up the pelican foam and stick it inside the otterbox case instead? U get foam as well as a slimmer case that way
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on Today at 1:00 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I compared them to many other BT Headphones. A real comparison will be posted sooner or later in the "Huge Comparison" thread in the Forum. I liked them. They have personality. Warm signature,...
Well, I can't really write much more than what I wrote for the E40. They are the same in everything except that the E50 is bigger and have at least some bass. Actually, to really be honest,...
The only reason to buy these Headphones is if you want to give money to JBL in change of a big JBL logo on your head. Or if you hate Paul McCartney and want to listen to the Beatles without any...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 615
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9212 of 104876/21/13 at 8:47ampost #9213 of 104876/21/13 at 8:56amQuote:
sometimes I need the space in the Pelican for an extra cable, but I am ordering another foam for the Otterbox nowpost #9214 of 104876/21/13 at 5:35pmpost #9215 of 104876/21/13 at 6:16pm
I received my new JH-13s last week.
The context of my impressions is that I:
- Owned Etymotics ER4S for about 8 years, and paired them with one of the cheaper portable Headroom amps.
- Upgraded to JH-13s with a Corda Symphony II and used them for about 3 years before a dog ate them.
- Bought a pair of HD650s, while I owned the JH13s, and never used them because of the complete lack of detail and imaging, and vague and exaggerated bass, and
- Hadn't listened to anything for ~6 months after the JH13s were eaten, but in the last month had been listening to the HD650s for want of anything else.
I remember why I love them: such neutrality, precision, and detail. Bass is controlled and neutral. Mids are perhaps a little more prominent than the bass/highs, but in a way that accentuates texture and detail in voices and instruments. I can hear the resonance of strings and the bodies of instruments; the rasp of fingers across strings and keyboards. Highs do not sparkle, but nor should they: I think that the essential impression is how wondrously balanced these are. Nothing stands out, which is exactly how it should be. The same is true of the imaging and soundstage: if I care to do so, I can locate even the softest instrument and tiniest details (to the point of hearing background noises in the studio), but if I don't concentrate, then everything again merges into a literally-harmonious whole.
Fking rockin' Very pleased. Also very pleased with the new case, which (for me) wasn't a Pelican case/otterbox, but something shaped like a hockey puck. The top half screws into the bottom half, and it has been made from what seems to be black anodized aluminium that has been milled from a solid block. This time, my name was even spelled correctly; bonus!
Edited by katalyst^ - 6/21/13 at 6:20pmpost #9216 of 104876/21/13 at 6:54pm
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.post #9217 of 104876/21/13 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by chengsta
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.
:O what pants are u wearing to be able to put those in your pocket? I admit the case is solid and has room for both the iems and spare cables but its soooo thick ><post #9218 of 104876/21/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Im just wearing normal jeans. But the truth is that I've lost some weight and so all my pants are a bit oversized and I can't afford any new ones thanks to buying the jh16's lol.post #9219 of 104876/21/13 at 9:03pmpost #9220 of 104876/22/13 at 2:19ampost #9221 of 104876/26/13 at 8:02am
They look gorgeous... Congrats!
Mine won't be as beautiful, I'm afraid...post #9222 of 104876/26/13 at 10:30ampost #9223 of 104876/26/13 at 11:32pm
I got my Jh13 last week. I bought these used, and got them reshelled by InEarz.
I'm looking for a good aftermarket cable, mainly the Moon Audio iem cables(still debating on wether to go with the silver dragon or black dragon). Or any other suggestions are welcomed.
EDIT: For more pictures, click here!
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:23ampost #9224 of 104876/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
How did you get on with InEarz?
PM me if you'd ratherpost #9225 of 104876/27/13 at 12:18amQuote:
1. I first contacted them through email. I got a response within 48 hours. Both through email and a couple of phone calls, they were polite, and happy for my business.
2. I'm actually surprised at how good these turned out, I am very happy with the work.. Great value!
3. it was 15 days total turnaround from the time they received my Jh13's.
4. very nice work, especially for the price I paid and the time it took to get them, compared to other companies(currently).
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 21 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 - New Audiophile DAP (Updated with new pics) 2 minutes ago
- › DAP: X5 vs dx50 vs shozy alien vs aune m1 vs hidizs ap100 2 minutes ago
- › Grado sr80i vs sr60i 2 minutes ago
- › EQ cure all? 3 minutes ago
- › FS: W1000x as New (Sydney) 3 minutes ago
- › Why are the PS1000e so underrated?! 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to self build a Cable for my Shure IEM's, general advice... 4 minutes ago
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › Focal Spirit Professional by Frequen-C
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Frequen-C
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by Giogio
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)