I didn't hear any change with burn in, but when my ears adapted to the sound it did sound juicier and more addictive to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 8/28/15 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 606post #9076 of 106972/10/13 at 12:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9077 of 106972/10/13 at 12:24pm
I listen to different stuff all day so for me, I'm sure mine changed a bit but it's not one of these prolonged things. I don't run things in while listening and use my knowns as reference so it's not a getting acustomed to thing for me. I can perfectly understand it not being apparent before you're already accustomed. I finally looked mine over for review sake and found one bubble. You can see it low left in the 1st shot. A non issue for me.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/10/13 at 1:06pmpost #9078 of 106972/10/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!post #9079 of 106972/10/13 at 2:19pm
I'm probably a little more paranoid than most, but I haven't had as much as a cold in 7 years. To re-insert my triple-flange tips I carry two little (Sansa Clip + size) bottles of both hand sanitizer and water. I dab a little sanitizer on first and then a little water on my fingers and moisten the tips.
I carry them in the pocket with my keys and not the side with my phone (DAP) in case it leaks (which it never has in 8 years). They are the mini travel side sanitizer bottles (one of which is used for water).post #9080 of 106972/10/13 at 2:41pmpost #9081 of 106972/10/13 at 3:47pmQuote:That's a fair point. Hadn't really thought of that. I wouldn't worry about it, but I could see someone else not wanting to for that reasonOriginally Posted by jr41
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!post #9082 of 106972/10/13 at 4:00pmpost #9083 of 106972/10/13 at 11:40pm
What do those new FreqPhase waveguides look like anyways? Jude keeps saying how they look different, and it does look different in these pictures --- looks like an inner tube as well? I can't really tell from here.post #9084 of 106972/11/13 at 2:52amQuote:
I've been doing that for years. When I had my silicone T1s, they were a real B****d to get in (apparently I have very dry ears) and if I didn't have my lubricant gel with me, I'd use a bit of spit to wet the T1s. I also have some silicone noise protectors from ACS for motorcycle riding and to insert them I roll them around my mouth to wet them first.
I have even been know to wet my acrylic IEMs if my ears are particularly dry.
I've never had any issues doing this...however, I do tend to brush my teeth at least 3 times a day.post #9085 of 106972/11/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Beats me. They are my only customs.post #9086 of 106972/11/13 at 11:04am
OK, I took a good look but it's kinda hard to see through mine. The drivers aren't placed in the most convenient places and look to be set for specific relative distances. There is also a mechanical position guide for the tubes coming into the tip. Only one acoustic filter. I don't see much crossover and there may be a good size coil glued to the case. Can't say for sure. It's surprising that these are less efficient than before as there doesn't seem to be much in there to be absorbing energy.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/11/13 at 6:55pmpost #9087 of 106972/11/13 at 2:41pm
Hey, I'm new to this whole audiophile thing. I've been using CIEMs mainly for a stage monitor but now I'm currently using my Iphone 4s as my source with an EQ (like Equ or Accudio), to give my CIEM to adapt it a little more to my signature. But now I'm looking to get the CLAS db paired with the Headstage Arrow 3g or the alo rx mkII. Can I still use my EQ software with this external DAC and amp?post #9088 of 106972/11/13 at 3:27pmpost #9089 of 106972/11/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
How this got by the administrators is beyond me!!!!! Or is it my naughty mind????post #9090 of 106972/11/13 at 11:57pmQuote:
I think it is just your naughty mind! lol. Insertion doesn't need to mean "a [Mod Edit: Mewp!] in your ear" :P.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 44 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › HD650 with balanced cables 2 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › What makes an Audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ thread. Opinions, reviews, feedback, pics,... 6 minutes ago
- › RA1(battery) 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 7 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2