I didn't hear any change with burn in, but when my ears adapted to the sound it did sound juicier and more addictive to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 8/28/15 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 606post #9076 of 106872/10/13 at 12:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9077 of 106872/10/13 at 12:24pm
I listen to different stuff all day so for me, I'm sure mine changed a bit but it's not one of these prolonged things. I don't run things in while listening and use my knowns as reference so it's not a getting acustomed to thing for me. I can perfectly understand it not being apparent before you're already accustomed. I finally looked mine over for review sake and found one bubble. You can see it low left in the 1st shot. A non issue for me.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/10/13 at 1:06pmpost #9078 of 106872/10/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!post #9079 of 106872/10/13 at 2:19pm
I'm probably a little more paranoid than most, but I haven't had as much as a cold in 7 years. To re-insert my triple-flange tips I carry two little (Sansa Clip + size) bottles of both hand sanitizer and water. I dab a little sanitizer on first and then a little water on my fingers and moisten the tips.
I carry them in the pocket with my keys and not the side with my phone (DAP) in case it leaks (which it never has in 8 years). They are the mini travel side sanitizer bottles (one of which is used for water).post #9080 of 106872/10/13 at 2:41pmpost #9081 of 106872/10/13 at 3:47pmQuote:That's a fair point. Hadn't really thought of that. I wouldn't worry about it, but I could see someone else not wanting to for that reasonOriginally Posted by jr41
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!post #9082 of 106872/10/13 at 4:00pmpost #9083 of 106872/10/13 at 11:40pm
What do those new FreqPhase waveguides look like anyways? Jude keeps saying how they look different, and it does look different in these pictures --- looks like an inner tube as well? I can't really tell from here.post #9084 of 106872/11/13 at 2:52amQuote:
I've been doing that for years. When I had my silicone T1s, they were a real B****d to get in (apparently I have very dry ears) and if I didn't have my lubricant gel with me, I'd use a bit of spit to wet the T1s. I also have some silicone noise protectors from ACS for motorcycle riding and to insert them I roll them around my mouth to wet them first.
I have even been know to wet my acrylic IEMs if my ears are particularly dry.
I've never had any issues doing this...however, I do tend to brush my teeth at least 3 times a day.post #9085 of 106872/11/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Beats me. They are my only customs.post #9086 of 106872/11/13 at 11:04am
OK, I took a good look but it's kinda hard to see through mine. The drivers aren't placed in the most convenient places and look to be set for specific relative distances. There is also a mechanical position guide for the tubes coming into the tip. Only one acoustic filter. I don't see much crossover and there may be a good size coil glued to the case. Can't say for sure. It's surprising that these are less efficient than before as there doesn't seem to be much in there to be absorbing energy.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/11/13 at 6:55pmpost #9087 of 106872/11/13 at 2:41pm
Hey, I'm new to this whole audiophile thing. I've been using CIEMs mainly for a stage monitor but now I'm currently using my Iphone 4s as my source with an EQ (like Equ or Accudio), to give my CIEM to adapt it a little more to my signature. But now I'm looking to get the CLAS db paired with the Headstage Arrow 3g or the alo rx mkII. Can I still use my EQ software with this external DAC and amp?post #9088 of 106872/11/13 at 3:27pmpost #9089 of 106872/11/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
How this got by the administrators is beyond me!!!!! Or is it my naughty mind????post #9090 of 106872/11/13 at 11:57pmQuote:
I think it is just your naughty mind! lol. Insertion doesn't need to mean "a [Mod Edit: Mewp!] in your ear" :P.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Reference 5.2 (New Balanced 4x PCM1704UK DAC) 3 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Fidue A73 - Hybrid (1DD + 1BA) IEM - Impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › EarSonics will launch a new premium universal iem at the end of the... 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2