I didn't hear any change with burn in, but when my ears adapted to the sound it did sound juicier and more addictive to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 9/11/14 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 606post #9076 of 103572/10/13 at 12:18pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9077 of 103572/10/13 at 12:24pm
I listen to different stuff all day so for me, I'm sure mine changed a bit but it's not one of these prolonged things. I don't run things in while listening and use my knowns as reference so it's not a getting acustomed to thing for me. I can perfectly understand it not being apparent before you're already accustomed. I finally looked mine over for review sake and found one bubble. You can see it low left in the 1st shot. A non issue for me.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/10/13 at 1:06pmpost #9078 of 103572/10/13 at 12:57pmQuote:
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!post #9079 of 103572/10/13 at 2:19pm
I'm probably a little more paranoid than most, but I haven't had as much as a cold in 7 years. To re-insert my triple-flange tips I carry two little (Sansa Clip + size) bottles of both hand sanitizer and water. I dab a little sanitizer on first and then a little water on my fingers and moisten the tips.
I carry them in the pocket with my keys and not the side with my phone (DAP) in case it leaks (which it never has in 8 years). They are the mini travel side sanitizer bottles (one of which is used for water).post #9080 of 103572/10/13 at 2:41pmpost #9081 of 103572/10/13 at 3:47pmQuote:That's a fair point. Hadn't really thought of that. I wouldn't worry about it, but I could see someone else not wanting to for that reasonOriginally Posted by jr41
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!post #9082 of 103572/10/13 at 4:00pmpost #9083 of 103572/10/13 at 11:40pm
What do those new FreqPhase waveguides look like anyways? Jude keeps saying how they look different, and it does look different in these pictures --- looks like an inner tube as well? I can't really tell from here.post #9084 of 103572/11/13 at 2:52amQuote:
I've been doing that for years. When I had my silicone T1s, they were a real B****d to get in (apparently I have very dry ears) and if I didn't have my lubricant gel with me, I'd use a bit of spit to wet the T1s. I also have some silicone noise protectors from ACS for motorcycle riding and to insert them I roll them around my mouth to wet them first.
I have even been know to wet my acrylic IEMs if my ears are particularly dry.
I've never had any issues doing this...however, I do tend to brush my teeth at least 3 times a day.post #9085 of 103572/11/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Beats me. They are my only customs.post #9086 of 103572/11/13 at 11:04am
OK, I took a good look but it's kinda hard to see through mine. The drivers aren't placed in the most convenient places and look to be set for specific relative distances. There is also a mechanical position guide for the tubes coming into the tip. Only one acoustic filter. I don't see much crossover and there may be a good size coil glued to the case. Can't say for sure. It's surprising that these are less efficient than before as there doesn't seem to be much in there to be absorbing energy.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/11/13 at 6:55pmpost #9087 of 103572/11/13 at 2:41pm
Hey, I'm new to this whole audiophile thing. I've been using CIEMs mainly for a stage monitor but now I'm currently using my Iphone 4s as my source with an EQ (like Equ or Accudio), to give my CIEM to adapt it a little more to my signature. But now I'm looking to get the CLAS db paired with the Headstage Arrow 3g or the alo rx mkII. Can I still use my EQ software with this external DAC and amp?post #9088 of 103572/11/13 at 3:27pmpost #9089 of 103572/11/13 at 3:54pmQuote:
How this got by the administrators is beyond me!!!!! Or is it my naughty mind????post #9090 of 103572/11/13 at 11:57pmQuote:
I think it is just your naughty mind! lol. Insertion doesn't need to mean "a [Mod Edit: Mewp!] in your ear" :P.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 13 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 20 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 26 seconds ago
- › Best recording of .."The Planets".? 35 seconds ago
- › Press Release: Sennheiser launches URBANITE headphones 48 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 51 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Headphone jack mystery 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › New Esoteric players (K-01, K-03): anyone has seen or heard? 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)