- 5,433 Posts. Joined 4/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 11/23/16 at 7:53am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 595post #8911 of 107404/19/12 at 12:29pmOn pure sound and out of the same amp with the same cable I prefer my HE-500 to my JH13 but if I had to settle for just one phone it eould be the JH13 no contest
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8912 of 107404/19/12 at 7:34pm
JH13 are BA Driven which give a different sound.Quote:post #8913 of 107404/20/12 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
I use the JH13 in some situations where to shut out the noise and when appropriate. The problem for me is that i get footfall noise so the main reason that i got them, walking the dog and out and about, doesn't work. I have had many molds, two different audiologist and even Jerry's go to person in Los Angeles. I have tried to figure it out, others have the problem too, but after several years I finally have narrowed it down. The tissue in my ear just doesn't tighten enough to hold them totally secure. Even though i have a perfect seal and they are as tight as comfortable without being painful, and i have had them painful before, they mircroscopically move and it causes a thumping. The only relief is, if I ware them over a half hour, and push them deep several times during that the tissue secures better and if I don't walk to cluncky the foot noise is decreased or almost totally gone. At that point it is tolerable and i occasionally will use them like that.
I actually was so frustrated at one point that i just got a pair of Edition 8 LE headphones to replace that need.
Also i only rarely use the jh13 with an amplifier, i use my only euphoric piece of equipment to drive them usually, which is the HM801 with the upgraded game iem amplifier built in. Then i take it straight out of the jack. It does sound better with the pico amp, just not worth carrying unless i have a good reason. I do feel the JH13 is very transparent though and shows the upsteam components, ie player and dac.
I have never heard this discussed before but one should consider their sodium intake in the days leading up to getting an ear impression. If you have a high sodium intake it causes water retention so even the tissue in an ear canal will be slightly puffier as is tissue all over the body. This will make the impression smaller than it should be even if only microscopically. I would suggest monitoring sodium 4-5 days prior to impressions. No sodas, chips, fast or processed foods, etc. Basically keep it clean and the impression, if done correctly should turn out just as nature intended.post #8914 of 107404/20/12 at 5:52ampost #8915 of 107404/20/12 at 10:04ampost #8916 of 107404/20/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
How it compares to other amps. Since its said to unleash the potential of the jh13spost #8917 of 107404/20/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
Unlike amplifiers, the JH3a should be a definite upgrade confirmable by measurement.post #8918 of 107404/20/12 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by McMaz
I have never heard this discussed before but one should consider their sodium intake in the days leading up to getting an ear impression. If you have a high sodium intake it causes water retention so even the tissue in an ear canal will be slightly puffier as is tissue all over the body. This will make the impression smaller than it should be even if only microscopically. I would suggest monitoring sodium 4-5 days prior to impressions. No sodas, chips, fast or processed foods, etc. Basically keep it clean and the impression, if done correctly should turn out just as nature intended.
i eat very well, low salt for blood pressure being right on the line, and after several years of being a vegetarian, i now eat fish two times a week or so. Almost nothing processed or soda. But an interesting thought.
Edited by dallan - 4/20/12 at 10:33pmpost #8919 of 107404/20/12 at 11:46pmQuote:
In my opinion it is best match for JH customs you can found. I tried my old JH13 and now JH16 on different desktop high end rigs, mostly Czech amplifiers, but from known amps I heard SPL auditor and Phonitor or Leben CS300X( with EMM Labs DAC 6 SE) and I think JH-3A is better than all of these and for minimal price compared to them.
It is just sad that now you cant have your JH13 transformed to JH16 for JH-3A, as I didi with my old pair.
High Quality digital transport really helps to improve sound of JH-3A, its usb input isnt so great.post #8920 of 107404/21/12 at 4:11amQuote:
I commend you on your attention to diet. I also pay attention to what I consume and mentioned the above point as I definitely feel and see the effects when I happen to consume something with a high sodium content. I had impressions done earlier this week and that occurred to me a few days before I went as the fitting, sending, waiting process is going to be long. Food allergies can also have an inflammatory effect. If you have a cold or some other process going on at the time. Maybe we start a "what you should or shouldn't do before you get your impressions" thread. Even though my Audiologist told me they do free refits I prefer to get it right the first time.post #8921 of 107404/21/12 at 5:35amQuote:
same level,depends on the mood but i will rank the jh13 with the lcd2 level easily. jh13 is more transparent and easier to distinguish details on.better imaging as well imo.post #8922 of 107404/21/12 at 5:47amQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
Well finally caught up with the thread. Sounds like the sound science type guys are over here espousing that the cheapest is perfect and we can't trust our ears again.
I had a Sansa Fuze for a while, wanted to use it because it played my flac files. The sound was totally flat with the JH13s, anyone who use that is really missing out. I suspect the Sansa sound ie the Clip, which is lower end still, would carry that sound. What a waste of money spent on a pair of 13's. The 13's really show the source like HD800s, up the chain counts.
agreed.clip and fuze sound crap to my ears with the jh13.no idea why anyone would use them with the 13s.it was muffled and undetailed to me ears not neutral.post #8923 of 107404/21/12 at 5:59amQuote:
Disagree with the muffled and undetailed part, agree that the JH13 really does need need a way better source to unlock its full potential.post #8924 of 107404/21/12 at 6:09amQuote:
You realize your home amplifier introduces massive amounts of distortion and noise that are pretty much as far from neutral as it can categorically get? You haven't a benchmark even close to fidelity to begin with.
To be fair, my own is far from ideal in design but I haven't had the time to switch out to something cheaper with more fidelity.
Edited by 3X0 - 4/21/12 at 6:11amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Cowon Plenue D or Fiio X3ii 1 minute ago
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from Sennheiser IE80 - Westone W50 or UM50 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Grado GS2000e Loaner program 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear