- 4,480 Posts. Joined 5/2007
- Location: Kalundborg, Denmark
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 9/11/14 at 3:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 595post #8911 of 103574/19/12 at 12:29pmOn pure sound and out of the same amp with the same cable I prefer my HE-500 to my JH13 but if I had to settle for just one phone it eould be the JH13 no contest
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8912 of 103574/19/12 at 7:34pm
JH13 are BA Driven which give a different sound.Quote:post #8913 of 103574/20/12 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
I use the JH13 in some situations where to shut out the noise and when appropriate. The problem for me is that i get footfall noise so the main reason that i got them, walking the dog and out and about, doesn't work. I have had many molds, two different audiologist and even Jerry's go to person in Los Angeles. I have tried to figure it out, others have the problem too, but after several years I finally have narrowed it down. The tissue in my ear just doesn't tighten enough to hold them totally secure. Even though i have a perfect seal and they are as tight as comfortable without being painful, and i have had them painful before, they mircroscopically move and it causes a thumping. The only relief is, if I ware them over a half hour, and push them deep several times during that the tissue secures better and if I don't walk to cluncky the foot noise is decreased or almost totally gone. At that point it is tolerable and i occasionally will use them like that.
I actually was so frustrated at one point that i just got a pair of Edition 8 LE headphones to replace that need.
Also i only rarely use the jh13 with an amplifier, i use my only euphoric piece of equipment to drive them usually, which is the HM801 with the upgraded game iem amplifier built in. Then i take it straight out of the jack. It does sound better with the pico amp, just not worth carrying unless i have a good reason. I do feel the JH13 is very transparent though and shows the upsteam components, ie player and dac.
I have never heard this discussed before but one should consider their sodium intake in the days leading up to getting an ear impression. If you have a high sodium intake it causes water retention so even the tissue in an ear canal will be slightly puffier as is tissue all over the body. This will make the impression smaller than it should be even if only microscopically. I would suggest monitoring sodium 4-5 days prior to impressions. No sodas, chips, fast or processed foods, etc. Basically keep it clean and the impression, if done correctly should turn out just as nature intended.post #8914 of 103574/20/12 at 5:52ampost #8915 of 103574/20/12 at 10:04ampost #8916 of 103574/20/12 at 1:33pmQuote:
How it compares to other amps. Since its said to unleash the potential of the jh13spost #8917 of 103574/20/12 at 6:18pmQuote:
Unlike amplifiers, the JH3a should be a definite upgrade confirmable by measurement.post #8918 of 103574/20/12 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by McMaz
I have never heard this discussed before but one should consider their sodium intake in the days leading up to getting an ear impression. If you have a high sodium intake it causes water retention so even the tissue in an ear canal will be slightly puffier as is tissue all over the body. This will make the impression smaller than it should be even if only microscopically. I would suggest monitoring sodium 4-5 days prior to impressions. No sodas, chips, fast or processed foods, etc. Basically keep it clean and the impression, if done correctly should turn out just as nature intended.
i eat very well, low salt for blood pressure being right on the line, and after several years of being a vegetarian, i now eat fish two times a week or so. Almost nothing processed or soda. But an interesting thought.
Edited by dallan - 4/20/12 at 10:33pmpost #8919 of 103574/20/12 at 11:46pmQuote:
In my opinion it is best match for JH customs you can found. I tried my old JH13 and now JH16 on different desktop high end rigs, mostly Czech amplifiers, but from known amps I heard SPL auditor and Phonitor or Leben CS300X( with EMM Labs DAC 6 SE) and I think JH-3A is better than all of these and for minimal price compared to them.
It is just sad that now you cant have your JH13 transformed to JH16 for JH-3A, as I didi with my old pair.
High Quality digital transport really helps to improve sound of JH-3A, its usb input isnt so great.post #8920 of 103574/21/12 at 4:11amQuote:
I commend you on your attention to diet. I also pay attention to what I consume and mentioned the above point as I definitely feel and see the effects when I happen to consume something with a high sodium content. I had impressions done earlier this week and that occurred to me a few days before I went as the fitting, sending, waiting process is going to be long. Food allergies can also have an inflammatory effect. If you have a cold or some other process going on at the time. Maybe we start a "what you should or shouldn't do before you get your impressions" thread. Even though my Audiologist told me they do free refits I prefer to get it right the first time.post #8921 of 103574/21/12 at 5:35amQuote:
same level,depends on the mood but i will rank the jh13 with the lcd2 level easily. jh13 is more transparent and easier to distinguish details on.better imaging as well imo.post #8922 of 103574/21/12 at 5:47amQuote:Originally Posted by dallan
Well finally caught up with the thread. Sounds like the sound science type guys are over here espousing that the cheapest is perfect and we can't trust our ears again.
I had a Sansa Fuze for a while, wanted to use it because it played my flac files. The sound was totally flat with the JH13s, anyone who use that is really missing out. I suspect the Sansa sound ie the Clip, which is lower end still, would carry that sound. What a waste of money spent on a pair of 13's. The 13's really show the source like HD800s, up the chain counts.
agreed.clip and fuze sound crap to my ears with the jh13.no idea why anyone would use them with the 13s.it was muffled and undetailed to me ears not neutral.post #8923 of 103574/21/12 at 5:59amQuote:
Disagree with the muffled and undetailed part, agree that the JH13 really does need need a way better source to unlock its full potential.post #8924 of 103574/21/12 at 6:09amQuote:
You realize your home amplifier introduces massive amounts of distortion and noise that are pretty much as far from neutral as it can categorically get? You haven't a benchmark even close to fidelity to begin with.
To be fair, my own is far from ideal in design but I haven't had the time to switch out to something cheaper with more fidelity.
Edited by 3X0 - 4/21/12 at 6:11amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 2 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 3 minutes ago
- › USB DAC Troubles in Windows 8 and 8.1, Solution Inside 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)