Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 388

post #5806 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
why doesnt anyone talk about SQ of the jh13?anybody who gets says its sq is great but dont get into any details(mids,highs.......),i know there are some reviews but i would like even more from more headfiers to get a better idea of it,all what people seems to talk about is refits and new impressions,i know this is very important but so is sq.
i dont mean to troll guys,i just want more reviews.
We all know the JH13s sound great, what do you want more?
You can't talk about sq when you don't have perfect fit.
post #5807 of 10368
i know that there have been reviews from very reputable headfiers,but there isnt many reviews that are detailed as those reviews.anyway,what i was trying to say that i like to know different opinions and people tastes and if it matches mine or not,but thats ok.
post #5808 of 10368
Did you read some non-HF reviews out there?
post #5809 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
i know that there have been reviews from very reputable headfiers,but there isnt many reviews that are detailed as those reviews.anyway,what i was trying to say that i like to know different opinions and people tastes and if it matches mine or not,but thats ok.
Why don't you try asking some specific questions?
post #5810 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
i know that there have been reviews from very reputable headfiers,but there isnt many reviews that are detailed as those reviews.anyway,what i was trying to say that i like to know different opinions and people tastes and if it matches mine or not,but thats ok.
It seems like what you're asking for is a list of their strengths and weaknesses, as far as different genres and frequency ranges, etc. It's a reasonable request, but if you'd heard them you would understand that it's a difficult question. The brief version is:

Genre strengths: Pretty much everything. Genre weaknesses: Pretty much nothing.
Frequency strengths: Pretty much all of them. Frequency weaknesses: Pretty much none of them.

It probably sounds like I'm trivializing your request. I'm really not. The JH13's are equally good at everything IMO.

(I've only heard the demos, but I have no doubt that they are just as good, or better, as customs.)
post #5811 of 10368
FWIW, when I listened to the universals, the first thing I thought was "wow, I can't believe these damn things sound like an O2." To my ears, that's a very very good thing.
post #5812 of 10368
Just got mine back: isolation problem fixed! Yay!

Now the right side is probably even more isolated than the left. I won't be able to have them on for extended periods of time until tonight, though, but yes, initial reaction is that they fit fantastically.

I shipped the IEMs out on Friday (10/30), they're back in my ears on the following Friday (11/06). Nice turn around.

More impressions to come.
post #5813 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybottle View Post
Just got mine back: isolation problem fixed! Yay!

Now the right side is probably even more isolated than the left.
Same here.
post #5814 of 10368
@midoo1990 my friend from IE apprecication thread, you and I both own IE8 so we both know how IE8 sounds..well, let's just say jh13 makes ie8 sound rather boring. If there's a short comming about jh13, (not sure if I am describing it correctly but) it humps occassionally with low frequencies....

Going back to null audio lune cable, yes mine does have nylon sheath and the cable management slider's pretty much useless because it wouldn't stay put. I am giving it one last time to perform and if it fails, I am dumping this.
post #5815 of 10368
You can pick up some memory wire and heat shrink sleeving and make your own ear guides. You'll have a lot extra and you'll still need a heat gun/other heat source though.
post #5816 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
If there's a short comming about jh13, (not sure if I am describing it correctly but) it humps occassionally with low frequencies....
I don't have the JH13 obviously, but I usually refer to that quality as being "punchy" or "having impact" through the lower frequencies. But maybe I'm wrong.

If you actually consider that a downside, the only other shortcoming I've seen besides that is isolation. How bad is it actually (with respect to other custom/universal IEMs)?
post #5817 of 10368
Is this so-called hump what one would typically call a mid-bass hump?
post #5818 of 10368
I am definitely not an audiophile but just an average listener so I wouldn't know how to best describe it. Nevertheless, one thing I know for sure is that having everything considered jh13 still has the best deep down bass I have ever heard in IEMs.
post #5819 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
Is this so-called hump what one would typically call a mid-bass hump?
Not at all, my good fellow. Midbass humps occur between 100-200Hz. The 13's frequency response bump occurs below 100Hz, centered around 50Hz. It is more of a "feel" than sound, and imparts visceral impact with no foolish bloat.
post #5820 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
why doesnt anyone talk about SQ of the jh13?anybody who gets says its sq is great but dont get into any details(mids,highs.......),i know there are some reviews but i would like even more from more headfiers to get a better idea of it,all what people seems to talk about is refits and new impressions,i know this is very important but so is sq.
i dont mean to troll guys,i just want more reviews.
Part of it is that it has all been said. I use them for reference when I make changes to a system, test op amps in a circuit and test out and construct new IC's. I find that from the lowest lows to the extended high that nothing is left wanting. I don't focus on the sound of the monitors any longer, I focus on the sound and that about says it all. I would like to express some let-down in some area that might make this all appear more objective but at the same time, I am glad I haven't found any.

On fit, these are custom to ears that are like finger prints, with obviously, no two a like. That there would be some fit issues would seem obvious on such a delicate and complex matter as fitting something to the outer ear and canal. That so many fit so well to begin with is testament. That there are some that are more difficult seems only natural, unfortunately.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread