Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 200

post #2986 of 10487
hey guys, so I decided to go ahead and give the 13pro a try. Not sure why, I thought I was going for the UE, but then ...

Anyways...

So, I made an appt. with the audiologist (going tomorrow) then called JH and sent them an email. Is it normal that I have not heard back from them at all ? do they wait for the impressions before even contacting you ?

I am a bit curious because my understanding from their webpage was that the want to be contacted right away.
post #2987 of 10487
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
hey guys, so I decided to go ahead and give the 13pro a try. Not sure why, I thought I was going for the UE, but then ...

Anyways...

So, I made an appt. with the audiologist (going tomorrow) then called JH and sent them an email. Is it normal that I have not heard back from them at all ? do they wait for the impressions before even contacting you ?

I am a bit curious because my understanding from their webpage was that the want to be contacted right away.
They'll send you an order form once they receive your impressions. Don't worry if you don't hear anything before that.
post #2988 of 10487
They must be buried, I emailed Brittany 3 days ago and still havent heard back, also sent my artwork in with a couple questions 2 days ago and no response there either.
post #2989 of 10487
wow, JH must subscribe to this forum. About a min after I posted the msg here, I received an email from JH with the order form attached.
post #2990 of 10487
Hang in there, Podhead. Buried is not even the word for it.

I spoke with Brittany earlier this afternoon, and they really are getting killed over there.

As I said in an earlier post, people need to try as best they can to understand that this is not some big corporate machine that is pumping out IEM's left and right. At the moment, JH audio (which once again really is a family operation), can produce about a dozen or so JH13's a day. That is changing as they ramp up in equipment, facilities, and staff. But, when you are a family operation that can produce about a dozen IEM's a day and you are getting literally hundreds of e-mails a day, it's pretty obvious things are going to get hairy. And by hairy, I mean working 18 hour days just to try to keep up with demand.

Once again, I really think patience is the operative word here. Also, I think it bears repeating that it's not as if JH Audio is taking hundreds or thousands of dollars and then not delivering products. They're working just as hard as they can, and I have seen it first hand, myself.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, all accounts are that these things are well worth the wait.

So if possible, sit back, relax, and enjoy the anticipation.

By the way, I know that it does kinda suck to send e-mail and get nothing in reply. I do understand how people are feeling. Communication is important in business, without a doubt. I'm just giving JH a pass on it, because I know they really do want to communicate better, but they literally just can't. They're great people (hospitable, friendly, etc.) I've been there, and I've seen it, for what it's worth.
post #2991 of 10487
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleisher View Post
Hang in there, Podhead. Buried is not even the word for it.

I spoke with Brittany earlier this afternoon, and they really are getting killed over there.

As I said in an earlier post, people need to try as best they can to understand that this is not some big corporate machine that is pumping out IEM's left and right. At the moment, JH audio (which once again really is a family operation), can produce about a dozen or so JH13's a day. That is changing as they ramp up in equipment, facilities, and staff. But, when you are a family operation that can produce about a dozen IEM's a day and you are getting literally hundreds of e-mails a day, it's pretty obvious things are going to get hairy. And by hairy, I mean working 18 hour days just to try to keep up with demand.

Once again, I really think patience is the operative word here. Also, I think it bears repeating that it's not as if JH Audio is taking hundreds or thousands of dollars and then not delivering products. They're working just as hard as they can, and I have seen it first hand, myself.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, all accounts are that these things are well worth the wait.

So if possible, sit back, relax, and enjoy the anticipation.

By the way, I know that it does kinda suck to send e-mail and get nothing in reply. I do understand how people are feeling. Communication is important in business, without a doubt. I'm just giving JH a pass on it, because I know they really do want to communicate better, but they literally just can't. They're great people (hospitable, friendly, etc.) I've been there, and I've seen it, for what it's worth.
Without wanting to start one of those idiotic forum mini-wars, I must express my opinion here.

I personally, I stress personally, find your post difficult to accept. It would be totally acceptable if it came from JH, but your feelings about the company, your wanting to give them a pass, your wanting to justify their one family operations.... is quite problematic. To say the least.

And, to tell you the truth, as far as I am concerned I had no problem whatsoever in not receiving a response from them within a day or two, except that I wanted to make sure that that was "normal".
post #2992 of 10487
Yeah, I really think they thought it would start slowing down by now but I bet it picked up as there are more reviews in different countries coming out that are nothing but sensational so it looks like a hot item for the foreseeable future.
post #2993 of 10487
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleisher View Post
By the way, I know that it does kinda suck to send e-mail and get nothing in reply. I do understand how people are feeling. Communication is important in business, without a doubt. I'm just giving JH a pass on it, because I know they really do want to communicate better, but they literally just can't. They're great people (hospitable, friendly, etc.) I've been there, and I've seen it, for what it's worth.
Yeah, l sent Jerry two emails a couple of weeks ago because I was hoping to get my slight fit issue resolved and never heard back. Don't even know if they actually even got through to him?

I never followed up because I can live with them for now (and quite frankly would find it hard to live without them). Maybe I'll follow up again when they're not so swamped.
post #2994 of 10487
Speakers = Soundstage
Headphones = Headstage
post #2995 of 10487
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
Without wanting to start one of those idiotic forum mini-wars, I must express my opinion here.

I personally, I stress personally, find your post difficult to accept. It would be totally acceptable if it came from JH, but your feelings about the company, your wanting to give them a pass, your wanting to justify their one family operations.... is quite problematic. To say the least.

And, to tell you the truth, as far as I am concerned I had no problem whatsoever in not receiving a response from them within a day or two, except that I wanted to make sure that that was "normal".
I gotta agree with you. I think the problem is that everyone is accessible (Jerry, Brittany, Adam). They really should have just one person dedicated to customer service. But that's probably easier said than done.
post #2996 of 10487
so, what might be a good estimate of how long it takes to get them once impressions are in ?
post #2997 of 10487
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
so, what might be a good estimate of how long it takes to get them once impressions are in ?
Brittany confirms that it usually takes 1.5 to 2 weeks to finish after impressions arrive at them. Then they get shipped out. So...just be patient. Jerry's inbox is full and you can't email him currently, so don't bother.
post #2998 of 10487
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
so, what might be a good estimate of how long it takes to get them once impressions are in ?
Hope for 3 weeks, expect 4, and be thrilled when you get them in 2.
post #2999 of 10487
oh man ! 4 weeks ? pls no, not for nothing, but I am headphoneless !!!

My fault only, left mine in a hotel in europe
post #3000 of 10487
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovanni View Post
Without wanting to start one of those idiotic forum mini-wars, I must express my opinion here.

I personally, I stress personally, find your post difficult to accept. It would be totally acceptable if it came from JH, but your feelings about the company, your wanting to give them a pass, your wanting to justify their one family operations.... is quite problematic. To say the least.

And, to tell you the truth, as far as I am concerned I had no problem whatsoever in not receiving a response from them within a day or two, except that I wanted to make sure that that was "normal".
I understand where you're coming from, but still feel that spleisher's description of JH's current backlogged status makes their inconsistent communication much more understandable.

It really seems that they simply did not expect this kind of initial volume of orders. If they had, I'm sure they would have made sure they had the appropriate infrastructure to be able to handle it.

I mean, a couple of pages back we were talking about how there are a number of owners of the JH13 that are 16 years old. If you'd asked Jerry prior to the launch whether he expected that he would be getting orders from that demographic, I bet you he would have laughed.

These are professional custom monitors. The % of buyers that would have come from head-fi a few years ago would probably have been a small fraction of his total sales. Wouldn't be surprised if that % has increased by 500% or more since he designed the UE10pro.

Obviously he would've seen there was 'some' market for his products, but I don't think anyone would've figured there would be such a deep one so quickly. You can bet that there are competitors out there that are noticing this and there will eventually be greater competition as a result.

I said much earlier in this thread that I was sorta concerned that people would fail to realize that this is a boutique audio company we're talking about here- not a mass manufacturer of standardized products. That's the downside of such rapid market expansion.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread