Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 198

post #2956 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ok computer View Post
So that's three kids sixteen or under that are getting the 13 pros and one for the 10x3. Sweet. We could make a club. Off topic but this has to be the strangest club/secret society ever: The Sons of Lee Marvin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Defs, i may not have the JH13 or doubt even getting them. But i definitely have enough behind me to hold up =) lets start this club...we shall call it...Gah any suggestions?
post #2957 of 10673
post #2958 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveDerek View Post

hmmm, there may be some truth there
certainly it's hard to match their impact on popular music along with their impact on society at that time.
They most certainly had an impact on both music and society. The 1960's will not be back and The Beatles certainly have a place in history. But I said "there never has been & there never will be anything as good as The Beatles" - that's an altogether different way of talking about them.

I'm sure you did notice the difference, but perhaps other members, who interpret things a certain way, need clarification.
post #2959 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by ok computer View Post
So that's three kids sixteen or under that are getting the 13 pros and one for the 10x3. Sweet. We could make a club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
Defs, i may not have the JH13 or doubt even getting them. But i definitely have enough behind me to hold up =) lets start this club...we shall call it...Gah any suggestions?
can't resist....
hmmm, how about 'the-too-young-to-sensibly-buy-customs-club'
post #2960 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer View Post
I can understand why you would be skeptical, as those are some of the sacred cows of Head-Fi, for many years. I might not have believed my own statement, had I not actually heard the JH13 before.

But the bottom line is, as far as my experience goes, the JH13 can compete with the best headphones ever made. It is at least as detailed as any headphone I've ever heard (including all those on the list), and it is as close to neutral as any headphone I've ever heard. It has a very extended frequency response, without any harshness, grain, or otherwise unnatural or distracting elements.

The area in which some of those full-sized cans have an advantage is in soundstage size. The JH13 has a very precisely imaged soundstage a la the R10, but it doesn't extend too far past the head. The JH13 has a soundstage size comparable to the L3000, which is good but not remarkable as high-end cans go.

I'm not trying to say the JH13 is better than all the headphones I listed, let alone in every regard, for every person or taste. But I do think it is in the ballpark and competitive with those headphones, and the decision would ultimately come down to one's sonic preferences.

And I think it is logical that such great performance could be attained in an IEM. By removing the complexities of the outer ear, the designer can focus on a much simpler equation to deliver excellent full-spectrum sound. Also, the perception of the sound will likely be much more consistent from user to user, as the varying shapes off different outer ears do not impact the final perceived sound as they do with headphones (or speakers for that matter).

Thanks, Iron_Dreamer. Appreciate it.
post #2961 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveDerek View Post
can't resist....
hmmm, how about 'the-too-young-to-sensibly-buy-customs-club'
Whoa, be carefull there or you could get a happy slappin'
post #2962 of 10673
Can I butt in on this conversation to say that ...

we shouldn't talk about this IEM having more hiss than that IEM. It's the equivalent of saying this headphone is louder than that one. We can say there is an impedance difference - yep - but hiss - no.

We could also say that frequency response is different - yep. but hiss - no.
In fact if the last one were true, i.e. freq. was different, it would mean in general that the one that has more hiss (at the same volume) might have a better freq. response.

Anyways it was just bugging me.
post #2963 of 10673
Oh and I hope to order the JH13s soon!
post #2964 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioDwebe View Post
The JH13 competes in this league?!?! Really? I mean, that's like the uber-high end of the headphone world, past and present (Omega II's?). Or would that be past and past?

Statements like this make me really...and I do mean REALLY skeptical. It's one of those, "If it sounds too good to be true..." moments where I ask, "What's the catch?"
I also have a hard time accepting that kind of statements. I did listen to the universal version of the JH13 and yes they were great, but not really much different than the ES3X and miles behind the Stax phones.
Some of the statements are too flourished and embellished. I would like to read more unbiased, unemotional and mature reviews. No offense intended but it reminds me of mass hysteria.
post #2965 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post
I also have a hard time accepting that kind of statements. I did listen to the universal version of the JH13 and yes they were great, but not really much different than the ES3X and miles behind the Stax phones.
Some of the statements are too flourished and embellished. I would like to read more unbiased, unemotional and mature reviews. No offense intended but it reminds me of mass hysteria.
This is why everyone is waiting on HPA's review. At least we can hope his impressions will be unbiased and insightful. I do think it says something when people are selling top tier phones (L3000, HD800, K1000...) because they find the JH13's to be better. For someone trying to make a step up in headphones, spending $1100+ on an item I can't return and can't resell is a very difficult decision to make.
Don't forget that everyone has different tastes. I for one do not even remotely like the O1 or O2.
post #2966 of 10673
Hey guys i was wondering if anyone has been able to contact JH audio recently? I've been wanting to place an order for the past week, but have not received a reply/order form for over a week.

Is it possible just for someone to PM me an order form?

Any help is a appreciated thanks
HPZ
post #2967 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomikPi View Post
This is why everyone is waiting on HPA's review. At least we can hope his impressions will be unbiased and insightful. I do think it says something when people are selling top tier phones (L3000, HD800, K1000...) because they find the JH13's to be better. For someone trying to make a step up in headphones, spending $1100+ on an item I can't return and can't resell is a very difficult decision to make.
Don't forget that everyone has different tastes. I for one do not even remotely like the O1 or O2.
I think Larry is a very knowledgeable guy and really enjoy his comments but to be waiting for his review like the gospel, is absurd also.
No offense Larry. I am skeptical by nature.
post #2968 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post
I also have a hard time accepting that kind of statements. I did listen to the universal version of the JH13 and yes they were great, but not really much different than the ES3X and miles behind the Stax phones.
Some of the statements are too flourished and embellished. I would like to read more unbiased, unemotional and mature reviews. No offense intended but it reminds me of mass hysteria.
I'm not exactly sure what statements you refer to. I'd like to think that my statements, while bold, are based on years of experience with and ownership of great headphones, and the desire to provide a reasonable idea of just what the JH13 is capable of.

What aspects do Stax perform miles ahead of the JH13 and ES3x for you? I'm not trying to be critical of your statement, just to appreciate your perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post
I think Larry is a very knowledgeable guy and really enjoy his comments but to be waiting for his review like the gospel, is absurd also.
No offense Larry. I am skeptical by nature.
I agree, taking any one review or opinion in exclusivity, or even with too high a weight is not a smart idea.
post #2969 of 10673
This thread s really getting tense and boring. People please relax, lets keep discussing the JH13, or the JH13 vs. other phones,no need to take it so personally. The last few pages were like a cheap soap opera.
post #2970 of 10673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer View Post
I'm not exactly sure what statements you refer to. I'd like to think that my statements, while bold, are based on years of experience with and ownership of great headphones, and the desire to provide a reasonable idea of just what the JH13 is capable of.

What aspects do Stax perform miles ahead of the JH13 and ES3x for you? I'm not trying to be critical of your statement, just to appreciate your perspective.



I agree, taking any one review or opinion in exclusivity, or even with too high a weight is not a smart idea.
Believe it or not, your impressions always catch my attention and I think they come from an experienced and mature individual. I have no problems with your comments. And if you say the JH13 are wonderful I do believe you. They are.
As far as the Stax, it is just that: my humble opinion. The first time I listened to an SR-007, it was probably the only time I have had a wow! experience. The soundstage and clarity are unmatched, to my ears.
Custom IEM's on the other hand, do some things much better than large headphones, and you can take them with you. It would be tough if I had to make a choice between the 2 since I could not part with either of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread