Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 111

post #1651 of 10483
based on some pics on the JH customs. artwork really seems inferior to UE's.
post #1652 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post
HaHa..... Don't you get that cockney Chef 'Jamie Oliver' over there on TV? It's a general term here that means Good, Great, Nice, Sweet, Bostin' etc......

I'm still cancelling my artwork though if it's not going to look good! I'm waiting to see some pics...
the only cockney i am familiar with (i think) is the rather crocked version that came from jack london's Sea Wolfe. Alas, as my TV speaks only Korean, I spend very few minutes in front of it..
post #1653 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoDi View Post
I think that the artwork from JH Audio isn't coming out that great at the moment is because they're so crowded with orders...
Indeed...
post #1654 of 10483
The following buy ES3X.
Let's work hard.
post #1655 of 10483
Anyone else unhappy or happy with their Art Work? Can we get some pics either way? I would really like to get some comfort or I will be getting them 'Plain'.
post #1656 of 10483
I'm happy with mine but it wasn't anything fancy as it was a black pentagram on a deep red translucent shell.
post #1657 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post
Anyone else unhappy or happy with their Art Work? Can we get some pics either way? I would really like to get some comfort or I will be getting them 'Plain'.
I had requested the Flying Girl logo on my translucent blue and red shells, but it wasn't done for some as yet unexplained reason. As it is, I am quite happy with the look of them. I've got pics but have yet to get them uploaded.
post #1658 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 View Post
I came from Triple Fis.

What I thought was cool was that the sound signature was similar.

But the separation, details, extensions (both highs and lows) and resolution were STUNNING.

Yes even with an iPod headphone out
arrrghhh please dont say that!! take it back pleaese. I hated TF10 kept them for one week and got rid of them. I found that cavernous soundstage with not much mids to speak of to be unreal and the highs sibilant.
post #1659 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
arrrghhh please dont say that!! take it back pleaese. I hated TF10 kept them for one week and got rid of them. I found that cavernous soundstage with not much mids to speak of to be unreal and the highs sibilant.
I don't think you will find any of those traits w/ these cans.
post #1660 of 10483
If you guys wan an artwork, it is better to paste stickers on the customs itself rather than letting them do.

As now many are doubting about the quality of the artwork and customs I will give my views on it.

1) the artwork are not protected by a clear layer of protection. It will fade someday. As proven by Scanfiend piece. but the serial numbers are protected with a clear layer so dont worry.

2) there are too many bubbles in the customs(not the glue for the drivers). this will affect the solid structure and will break if you accidentally exert too much force on it so better take good care of it.

3) the arylic at the ports are chipped off for some customs. my left piece and crazyguy's left piece are chipped. Careful insertion into ear is required. Or it will scratch your inner ear walls.

4) The interior are smeared with so many fingerprints or oil from fingers.

These are some asthetic issues of JH13pro for this period of overwhelming orders as they always use this as an excuse. Professionals are those that can produce good items even when they are overloaded with orders.

If you are not so particular about all this then you can safely enjoy the sound rather than being affected by these issues. For me, I loved the sound over the issues but this may be the last custom I buy from JH.
post #1661 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by behwatch View Post
If you guys wan an artwork, it is better to paste stickers on the customs itself rather than letting them do.

As now many are doubting about the quality of the artwork and customs I will give my views on it.

1) the artwork are not protected by a clear layer of protection. It will fade someday. As proven by Scanfiend piece. but the serial numbers are protected with a clear layer so dont worry.

2) there are too many bubbles in the customs(not the glue for the drivers). this will affect the solid structure and will break if you accidentally exert too much force on it so better take good care of it.

3) the arylic at the ports are chipped off for some customs. my left piece and crazyguy's left piece are chipped. Careful insertion into ear is required. Or it will scratch your inner ear walls.

4) The interior are smeared with so many fingerprints or oil from fingers.

These are some asthetic issues of JH13pro for this period of overwhelming orders as they always use this as an excuse. Professionals are those that can produce good items even when they are overloaded with orders.

If you are not so particular about all this then you can safely enjoy the sound rather than being affected by these issues. For me, I loved the sound over the issues but this may be the last custom I buy from JH.

This is kind of scary and what I have seen from the picture posted. I am between these and the ES3X. The ES3X looks like a professional product case and all I also like the heat sensitive tips however I am waiting on HPA's review to bite the bullet. I could have bought the ES3X already but im going to hold out and see from someone has has them all.
post #1662 of 10483
Sorry to hear about yours behwatch. That bites. I assume you are communicating with JH, and these issues will be rectified? After your post, I took out my magnifier and checked mine. I could not detect any internal prints or smudges, and while I did not see any bubbles immediately, I think I need to get a more directional light source when I look again. Care of an item this expensive and small, with thin wires, is always a good idea.
post #1663 of 10483

This was the Winged Angel logo of JH Audio. As you can see, the image detail was slightly smeared, especially noticeable on the wings. This was somewhat understandable, because not all images reproduce well, especially those with intricate details. The smaller the image, the harder to it is to reproduce the fine details. So bear that in mind when selecting your artwork.

However, you can see the image is already starting to scuff, with some scratch marks totally obliterating the image, exposing the acrylic beneath. And this from only 2 weeks of normal, careful use. A layer of clear coat would have helped hugely to protect the image from scuffing.

Since they didn't charge for this particular artwork, I wasn't particularly upset. Anyway, on hindsight, I think the JH13 looked better without any artwork at all

As a matter of comparison, here's how the Winged Angel logo looked on the box (image below).

post #1664 of 10483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wateramong View Post
Hi there,
I finally became the owner of JH13, too.
The quality of the sound surely exceeds UE11.
It is wonderful.
However, it is very good at artwork at UE.
I am a designer. Therefore, a lot of time was spent on the artwork of JH13.
This result is regrettable.
I feel the overall judgement UE11 is a little higher than JH13.
Do you have any images? Mine wasn't as expected either.
post #1665 of 10483
For your information, Westone's artwork in my ES3X was a problem too. When I received them, they started to peel within a day or so and I sent them back to Westone for they to remove it. They did. UE's page has several pictures of very cool looking artwork. Westone told me they could not print artwork by itself but that it had to be done on top of an opaque color. That was my first let down. When it started to peel off, I sent them back. Now my IEM's don;t have custom work. My ES3X however, looks very well built, excellent quality without chips or bubbles.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread