Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 695

post #10411 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

I take it that means you prefer the 13's over the UERM's?

Actually no. The reason I don't use the uerm as often is that it doesn't fit as well and it's so much of a hassle to take a day off just to get impressions done. If my uerm fit as well as my jh13 I would take the uerm any day without hesitation
post #10412 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post


Actually no. The reason I don't use the uerm as often is that it doesn't fit as well and it's so much of a hassle to take a day off just to get impressions done. If my uerm fit as well as my jh13 I would take the uerm any day without hesitation

What do you like more about the UERM vs. the JH13?

post #10413 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

Actually no. The reason I don't use the uerm as often is that it doesn't fit as well and it's so much of a hassle to take a day off just to get impressions done. If my uerm fit as well as my jh13 I would take the uerm any day without hesitation
Interesting. I would also like to know more.
post #10414 of 10740
Well it's sound signature preference. the jh13 is a very good ciem and respected my many here however it is a bit warm for my tastes. The uerm has better midrange and a smooth treble which usually isn't the case in brighter sound signature. I do consider the jh13 the better ciem but preferences wise the uerm wins every time.

It's similar to the sr007 and sr009 to me. Both are very good however some like one while someone else like the other. Neither is a bad choice.
post #10415 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

Well it's sound signature preference. the jh13 is a very good ciem and respected my many here however it is a bit warm for my tastes. The uerm has better midrange and a smooth treble which usually isn't the case in brighter sound signature. I do consider the jh13 the better ciem but preferences wise the uerm wins every time.

It's similar to the sr007 and sr009 to me. Both are very good however some like one while someone else like the other. Neither is a bad choice.
I've always felt that the bass of the 13 has a softness to it. I am told though that may be the source. I loved the bass on a demo 16 but felt that it was too bass centric. When my wallet recovers next year I would like to try for a CIEM that combines the strengths of the 13 and 16. From what I read the Rox is not necessarily it. Do you reckon the UERM is in that league? Sorry to put you on the spot. Just curious.
post #10416 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post


I've always felt that the bass of the 13 has a softness to it. I am told though that may be the source. I loved the bass on a demo 16 but felt that it was too bass centric. When my wallet recovers next year I would like to try for a CIEM that combines the strengths of the 13 and 16. From what I read the Rox is not necessarily it. Do you reckon the UERM is in that league? Sorry to put you on the spot. Just curious.

 

When I demoed both the UERM and the JH13 at CanJam what I noticed most of all was that the JH13 got my head bobbing, whereas the UERM did not. Perhaps not a very detailed description of the differences, but it's in the end what made me go for the JH13 vs. the UERM (and other CIEMs I tried at the show). The JH13 just seemed a bit more engaging, perhaps a bit more musical to me. Granted, audio memory is notoriously unreliable, but I should receive my JH13 hopefully within the next 2 weeks and then I'll know for sure if what I heard at CanJam was correct. And either way, there's no going back anymore :)

post #10417 of 10740
Musicality is what drew me to the 13's. I am sure there are more accurate out there but I like the fact that Jerry Harvey deliberately voiced the 13's to be more enjoyable to listen to.
post #10418 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

I've always felt that the bass of the 13 has a softness to it. I am told though that may be the source. I loved the bass on a demo 16 but felt that it was too bass centric. When my wallet recovers next year I would like to try for a CIEM that combines the strengths of the 13 and 16. From what I read the Rox is not necessarily it. Do you reckon the UERM is in that league? Sorry to put you on the spot. Just curious.

I've heard a jh16 demo a few times and I'd say the strength is well the bass. The uerm is a different sound signature so that's a pretty easy no.

I know I'm in the minority here as not as many like the uerm compared to other ciem. It is a studio monitor first and a listening tool second. It doesn't have the head bobbing, toe tapping and similar traits that other ciems have but every time I've geared towards a signature that is not more neutral I get bored after a while and come back to neutral. While I don't consider the jh13 neutral I would say it's pretty well balanced and I love the jh13. It offers a nice middle ground for me in that it's not overly analytical but still having the details and that it is not a bass head iem but still plenty in that area too. The jh13 and the uerm are the best impulse buys I've ever made in this hobby and I'm never buying another ciem and have no desire to
post #10419 of 10740

hi folks,

 

i'm close to pulling the trigger on the jh13pro and am also leaning towards getting a balanced setup for travel.

Any thoughts/observations on balanced vs. unbalanced sound of the jh13pro?

Anyone pairing it with the RSA lightning?

 

Happy turkey day everyone!

post #10420 of 10740
I find the jh13 (non fq) too warm and the bass a bit bloated. Will the fq be much different?
post #10421 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelt2359 View Post

I find the jh13 (non fq) too warm and the bass a bit bloated. Will the fq be much different?


No,  I'd say the JH13 is not for you. 

No one hears it that way.  You are the first person on HF that described the JH13 as too warm with bloated bass.

 

Perhaps the UERM instead?

post #10422 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelt2359 View Post

I find the jh13 (non fq) too warm and the bass a bit bloated. Will the fq be much different?

 

I don't find the bass bloated. I do find that the amount of sub-bass is a lot and treble is recessed. Funnily enough there's still a lot of detail in the sound but it wasn't what I expected. 

post #10423 of 10740
FWIW. I am not keen on the bass of the 13fp. I would describe it as soft. I am told on here that this may well be down to source (iPhone 5s). Bass is not bloated IMO. It doesn't bleed into other frequencies and there is much else to enjoy about the JHA 13fp.
Edited by krismusic - 12/1/14 at 10:43pm
post #10424 of 10740

Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have a seal that is so good it almost hurts and it's very deep. I get a monstrous amount of sub bass. 

post #10425 of 10740
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

FWIW. I am not keen on the bass of the 13fp. I would describe it as soft. I am told on here that this may well be down to source (iPhone 5s). Bass is not bloated IMO. It doesn't bleed into other frequencies and there is much else to enjoy about the JHA 13fp.

Maybe bloated is the wrong word- soft perhaps. It certainly doesn't have the punch that the bass on my 846s have.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread