Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 687

post #10291 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu16 View Post

Recently i demoed both the JH13 and JH16 Pro at Jaben Perth, decided to go with the JH13, my first CIEM... now the waiting is killing me...
I don't think you can go wrong with the 13. The detail in the bass on the 16 was phenomenal though.
post #10292 of 10370

I have the freqphase jh audio 13. I also own the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB. I am currently shopping around for an amp that will have good synergy with my dac. I would like to listen to accurate and natural music representation or how the artists envisions the way their fans will hear it. I want to live through the music and feel as if I'm there with them inside the studio while they were recording their tracks or the feeling of being in the very front of a live show. Does anyone have any recommendations? I also would like to have very low hiss or no hiss if possible in the background. Thanks a lot for your time. Other info: I listen to ALAC files on iTunes through my macbook pro (2013 late fall refresh) and on the go I use my 160gb iPod classic (latest gen.). I also own the silver dragon v1 iem cable with a oyaide end. 

post #10293 of 10370
I can't imagine needing anything beyond an O2 or Schiit Magni for IEMs. If you want it to be portable, a C5 or E12 should still be more than enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugiyen View Post

I have the freqphase jh audio 13. I also own the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB. I am currently shopping around for an amp that will have good synergy with my dac. I would like to listen to accurate and natural music representation or how the artists envisions the way their fans will hear it. I want to live through the music and feel as if I'm there with them inside the studio while they were recording their tracks or the feeling of being in the very front of a live show. Does anyone have any recommendations? I also would like to have very low hiss or no hiss if possible in the background. Thanks a lot for your time. Other info: I listen to ALAC files on iTunes through my macbook pro (2013 late fall refresh) and on the go I use my 160gb iPod classic (latest gen.). I also own the silver dragon v1 iem cable with a oyaide end. 

Edited by Gilly87 - 8/1/14 at 6:23pm
post #10294 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugiyen View Post

I have the freqphase jh audio 13. I also own the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB. I am currently shopping around for an amp that will have good synergy with my dac. I would like to listen to accurate and natural music representation or how the artists envisions the way their fans will hear it. I want to live through the music and feel as if I'm there with them inside the studio while they were recording their tracks or the feeling of being in the very front of a live show. Does anyone have any recommendations? I also would like to have very low hiss or no hiss if possible in the background. Thanks a lot for your time. Other info: I listen to ALAC files on iTunes through my macbook pro (2013 late fall refresh) and on the go I use my 160gb iPod classic (latest gen.). I also own the silver dragon v1 iem cable with a oyaide end. 

You should demo a Fiio X5 for 349 you can't go wrong plus it pairs superbly with the 13fp's. You won't need anymore power. The O2 is also a good way to go or you can try the leckerton uha-6s mkII.
IMHO I would go with the fiio. Sent my o2 and ODac combo back after receiving mine. Of course all I use it for is iems.
post #10295 of 10370

I use an X3 --> RSA Mustang, but I don't think the Mustang is really needed, the X3 is an excellent unit, and the built in amp is quite good.

post #10296 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugiyen View Post
 

I have the freqphase jh audio 13. I also own the AlgoRhythm Solo -dB. I am currently shopping around for an amp that will have good synergy with my dac. I would like to listen to accurate and natural music representation or how the artists envisions the way their fans will hear it. I want to live through the music and feel as if I'm there with them inside the studio while they were recording their tracks or the feeling of being in the very front of a live show. Does anyone have any recommendations? I also would like to have very low hiss or no hiss if possible in the background. Thanks a lot for your time. Other info: I listen to ALAC files on iTunes through my macbook pro (2013 late fall refresh) and on the go I use my 160gb iPod classic (latest gen.). I also own the silver dragon v1 iem cable with a oyaide end. 

 

Chord Hugo work extremely well with my JH13FP.  Works with your macbook pro, or iphone/ipad (or anything with a digital out) as source.

post #10297 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post


You should demo a Fiio X5 for 349 you can't go wrong plus it pairs superbly with the 13fp's. You won't need anymore power. The O2 is also a good way to go or you can try the leckerton uha-6s mkII.
IMHO I would go with the fiio. Sent my o2 and ODac combo back after receiving mine. Of course all I use it for is iems.


I own both Iphone 4 and HDP R10. JH13 sounds straight good out of Iphone 4, on HDP R10, the deep, bass, details went to another level. How would you compare X5 to either of iphone 4 or HDP R10? I have alot of interest in new portable players like X5 or DX90 recently. Their UIs are alot better than my HDP R10..and it's too heavy to carry around....

post #10298 of 10370

Having owned the DX100 and shortly auditioned the X5, I'd say that performance-wise, the X5 is disturbingly close to the DX100 while winning hands down in terms of UI, battery life and size. As a package, it's pretty much a no-brainer if you do not demand the cream of the crop sound quality.

post #10299 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nenbgumi View Post
 

Having owned the DX100 and shortly auditioned the X5, I'd say that performance-wise, the X5 is disturbingly close to the DX100 while winning hands down in terms of UI, battery life and size. As a package, it's pretty much a no-brainer if you do not demand the cream of the crop sound quality.


Then how would you compare X5 to DX90? I heard there is debate between those 2..

post #10300 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post


Then how would you compare X5 to DX90? I heard there is debate between those 2..

I have only compared DX90 to the complete X5+E12 Combo. DX90 is more resolving, dynamic and transparent. While the latter is more smoother, natural and musical. But the differences were pretty marginal imo so I believe that no one would ever go wrong with either one!
post #10301 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearofwar View Post
 


Then how would you compare X5 to DX90? I heard there is debate between those 2..

To be honest, I did not get the chance to try out the DX90 but I did get some time with the DX50. Sound quality aside, if the DX50's UI is anything like an approximation of the DX90's (which I think it might very well be it, due to the same design choices from iBasso), then I'd rather go with the X5.

post #10302 of 10370
As I do not have the 90, the R10 or the O2/ODac any longer my preference is quite obvious.

SQ wise again from memory as I do not have any except for the X5 currently, I would say that the X5 does not have the soundstage width of the 90 however it is really close, the instrument separation I would say goes to the X5 however again it is too close to call and will come down to your own preference. It also cannot compete with the power of the R10's amp, however you will never feel that you are lacking anything from the X5's amp coupled with the JH13 FP's.

If blacker backgrounds, a more natural and analog sound coupled with better 3d imaging along with a better UI, build quality and two micro sd slots are your preference then the X5 IMHO bests any of the aforementioned Sabre DACS. I must mention that the packaging on the X5 although insignificant to SQ is outstanding with the 5 and only the R10 would come relatively close in that regard.

YMMV, Poimandres
post #10303 of 10370

I much prefer the sound of DX90 on my JH13fp. As stand alones, the X5 never sounded more 'natural' or 'analog' to me. Quite the opposite. I actually didn't care much for the X5 this way and would have looked elsewhere even if the DX90 never existed. As before, ymmv. I guess you'll have to try for yourself.


Edited by goodvibes - 8/5/14 at 8:42am
post #10304 of 10370

My JH16fp sound phenomenal through my DX90 and damned good through my iPhone 5 - but you can tell the difference between the two DAPs pretty easily - complex passages or listening at higher volumes is when the Apple product falls behind - the 16's can become congested and "shouty" at those levels - and ear fatigue sets in.... The DX90 can play loud and clean - that is one of the major benefits to a clean DAC and amplifier... Same thing happens when I listen to the HO on my iMac - when using my RSA Predator via USB, it can get plenty loud - Haven't heard any distortion when using the DX90 or Predator....  I haven't heard the X5 as of yet....

post #10305 of 10370
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

I much prefer the sound of DX90 on my JH13fp. As stand alones, the X5 never sounded more 'natural' or 'analog' to me. Quite the opposite. I actually didn't care much for the X5 this way and would have looked elsewhere even if the DX90 never existed. As before, ymmv. I guess you'll have to try for yourself.

Just my personal preference but I do not think the standalone X5 as a threat to the DX90. However the X5 does take its sound to a different level when paired with the E12, especially where Natural and Musicality were involved.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread