Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 680

post #10186 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

When you initially insert the JH13, try seating the shells a little less tightly in your ear.  Having owned many customs over the years, I found that when inserting them, they should make just enough contact with the outer ear canal and bowl of your ear to form a seal.  The shells shouldn't be excessively pushed in or be forced to seal.  A merely requisite seal allows the ear tissue to heat up, expand, and naturally seal with the custom's acrylic (or silicone).  Twisting an IEM too tightly into your ear may yield an immediate seal.. but over time (i.e. in your case, an hour), the excessive pressure doesn't let the ear tissue form a "natural" bond with the shell of the IEM.. leading to pain and fatigue.

I typically twist my JH13 in just enough to create a "loose" seal (as I previously described), then I grip the two "corners" (at the top and bottom of the shell) and very gently 'jiggle' the shells up and down for a few seconds to stimulate the inner ear tissue.  That's it.  Within thirty seconds, a natural seal has formed and the JH13 feels virtually 'invisible' in my ear.  This has just been my experience, but I found approaching cIEM insertion this way has consistently yielded a comfortable fit for long periods of time.. and the SQ is delivered as intended.
I don't think I have that much flexibility. Put them in and bang. They kind of lock in. After a few minutes it's like suction. Not completely comfortable but tolerable.
post #10187 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post


I don't think I have that much flexibility. Put them in and bang. They kind of lock in. After a few minutes it's like suction. Not completely comfortable but tolerable.

 

This sounds like you're getting a vacuum more than that CIEM being too large.  I also recommend Flysweep's suggestion to juggle it a bit.  It is important to break any vacuum that formed when inserting, and you should be able to get a "loose seal" that won't be uncomfortable for even long hours.  Visiting your audiologist for his/her suggestion also, and he/she will be able to better determine where the issue lies.  

post #10188 of 10368
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

What are your thoughts on the 13's sq compared to other ciems/uiems?

 

The JH13 is absolutely terrific.  I've had mine for roughly a year and it still impresses me every damn day I use it.  I'm stunned by how completely grainless it can sound.. almost "e-stat" like in that regard.  Resolving ability is akin to the finest crack for your ears.. the imaging is jaw dropping.  Its ability to reproduce bass.. whether it's the kind that you feel at the pit of your throat or some delicate, low frequency microdynamics.. with such effortlessness is a treat.  Also, the JH13's ability to scale up with HQ DACs and amps is pretty stunning.  After acquiring the JH13 and the UERM, I've largely dipped out of the universal IEM party.  While I still try to keep my ear to what's coming out, little interests me for the most part.  I do find the Zero Audio Tenore marvelous, though.. It's definitely doing a lot of things right if it can steal away time in my ears from the UERM & JH13.. which is what's its doing.  The only other custom IEMs that interest me at the moment are TheCustomArt's "Harmony 8" and perhaps the Hidition "NT-8 Pro" "NT-6 Pro."


Edited by FlySweep - 6/7/14 at 9:13pm
post #10189 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post
 

 

The JH13 is absolutely terrific.  I've had mine for roughly a year and it still impresses me every damn day I use it.  I'm stunned by how completely grainless it can sound.. almost "e-stat" like in that regard.  Resolving ability is akin to the finest crack for your ears.. the imaging is jaw dropping.  Its ability to reproduce bass.. whether it's the kind that you feel at the pit of your throat or some delicate, low frequency microdynamics.. with such effortlessness is a treat.  Also, the JH13's ability to scale up with HQ DACs and amps is pretty stunning.  After acquiring the JH13 and the UERM, I've largely dipped out of the universal IEM party.  While I still try to keep my ear to what's coming out, little interests me for the most part.  I do find the Zero Audio Tenore marvelous, though.. It's definitely doing a lot of things right if it can steal away time in my ears from the UERM & JH13.. which is what's its doing.  The only other custom IEMs that interest me at the moment are TheCustomArt's "Harmony 8" and perhaps the Hidition "NT-8 Pro."

:basshead: Whaaa?  When did this bad boy come out?  I just got the NT-6 too.  :(

post #10190 of 10368
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

:basshead: Whaaa?  When did this bad boy come out?  I just got the NT-6 too.  :(

 

Ah.. typo.. my mistake.. NT-6 Pro is what I meant.  Speaking of which.. how is it?

post #10191 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post
 

 

Ah.. typo.. my mistake.. NT-6 Pro is what I meant.  Speaking of which.. how is it?

I like it, but it's very sensitive to what you feed it. Not that, it makes thing sound like crap if the mastering is crap, but you notice the difference in sound from different sources.  I just got a bunch of DACs and DAPs shipped to me as I was expecting the NT-6 so that I can pick out the one I like best.  So far, nothing wows me more than my ODAC/O2 setp which I've been using for a long time for all my iems because it sounds fantastic.  X5 Sounds fantastic too me, and dat LO... So clean. First time I've heard a LO make a difference, but then again, I'm using the NT-6, my reference companion to help my ears out notice things. :3

 

Check out the NT-6 thread for my posts over time.  You should look into spriral ear 5 also, it is 5 way with 5 bores.  :)


Edited by SilverEars - 6/7/14 at 9:25pm
post #10192 of 10368
AFAIK spiral does not ship to the states. You would need to have someone forward them or utilize a mail forwarding company.
post #10193 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post

AFAIK spiral does not ship to the states. You would need to have someone forward them or utilize a mail forwarding company.

Ok, looks like you are upstate.  I'm in the US also, and it's disappointing as I would have went with SE5 instead. :( Maybe in the future...

post #10194 of 10368
Well that and I am not sure if my ears are large enough for 5 separate ports. Are they all small ports? The Wizard couldn't fit 2 small ports and 1 large ports for my 8A when he built it a few years back, he had to go with 3 small ports.
post #10195 of 10368

Hey Nivassa, what happened to my tips and clip???

post #10196 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcc View Post

This sounds like you're getting a vacuum more than that CIEM being too large.  I also recommend Flysweep's suggestion to juggle it a bit.  It is important to break any vacuum that formed when inserting, and you should be able to get a "loose seal" that won't be uncomfortable for even long hours.  Visiting your audiologist for his/her suggestion also, and he/she will be able to better determine where the issue lies.  
Thanks for the advice. I'll try it when my 13's come back from being checked by JHA. (I seemed to have a channel imbalance.)
post #10197 of 10368

Just received my JH13 yesterday and was surprised to see them fitted with the 4-pin connector cables for the roxannes. I assume all new JH13 come as such?

post #10198 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaLySt93 View Post
 

Just received my JH13 yesterday and was surprised to see them fitted with the 4-pin connector cables for the roxannes. I assume all new JH13 come as such?

OMG.... Pictures...

I don't like the Roxanne connectors.

post #10199 of 10368
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTaLySt93 View Post
 

Just received my JH13 yesterday and was surprised to see them fitted with the 4-pin connector cables for the roxannes. I assume all new JH13 come as such?

Pictures please!:popcorn:

post #10200 of 10368

There you go! Not really upset about it. The connector does feel more rigid and reliable but on the other hand, the market for cable with this pin type is almost nil at the moment... :confused_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread