Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread - Page 675

post #10111 of 10325
Sounds like we are in the same boat financially 3nenbgumi. I figured exactly the same as you. I also totally get what you say about voluntary ex communication from Headfi. Surely this place cannot give my wallet any more of a kicking?! Actually, I suspect it can!
I just have pain in one spot. The left tragus. It was difficulties with that that lead me to customs so I hope it can be solved. Other than that yes surprisingly comfortable. Probably better than the silicone custom tips I use with the T 15's. I envy you getting a perfect fit straight off.
Regarding re shells. Iirc there was some discussion of that a bit back in this thread. Apparently UM claim that they replicate the Freqphase positioning. I would think the re shell would be fine. At worst you would end up with a non FP 13. It depends if the extra funds are really not available.
Edited by krismusic - 5/7/14 at 11:57pm
post #10112 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling5s View Post

I've listened to the JH13pro for six years with all different iPhone models, and amps and dacs.  I think I can tell by now. 

I also like the fiio cable with my Jh13fp too! Wish the cable is less stiff and microphone but for the price I'm very happy with it. And it look gorgeous.
post #10113 of 10325
Anybody else here find the 13's bass "soft" at times?
post #10114 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Anybody else here find the 13's bass "soft" at times?

I found both the bass slam and rumble to be really satisfying. Really baffles me why you'd need the enhanced bass of the 16's, but that might just be me, coming from the ACS T1 and all. Actually I do find them to be "soft" occasionally, but when listening to the same tracks using other pairs reveals that the softness originates from the way the tracks were recorded instead of coming from the 13's.

post #10115 of 10325
Hi 3nenbgumi. I heard the demo version of the 16 and the detail in the bass was amazing. I felt though that it was too bass focused for me. I guess I just remember that lovely detail and wish the 13's had it as well as everything it does so well. I just want the moon on a stick! So far I feel very lucky to own the 13's. Fit seems to be settling down too.
post #10116 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by krismusic View Post

Hi 3nenbgumi. I heard the demo version of the 16 and the detail in the bass was amazing. I felt though that it was too bass focused for me. I guess I just remember that lovely detail and wish the 13's had it as well as everything it does so well. I just want the moon on a stick! So far I feel very lucky to own the 13's. Fit seems to be settling down too.

Guess you can't have the cake and eat it at the same time. I haven't had the pleasure of listening to the 16's, but I personally would not want any more bass if it means overshadowed mids and reduced level of detail. I have been listening to the 13's exclusively for the past few days, and when popping in my pair of IE80's for a change, I was honestly astounded at the fact that the IE80's soundstage sounded so hollow and much less filled in compared to the 13's despite having roughly the same size width wise. The most surprising thing though is that the 13's made the IE80's sound bass light as its bass rumble felt a little anemia against that of the 13's even though the slam was good. Now I know this is a lot of praise and I probably should not have compared them in the first place due to the price difference, but the fact that the 13's handily beat the 80's at its own games (bass and soundstage) while improving on virtually every other aspect really justifies the money I spent on them.

post #10117 of 10325

If you order the JH13s nowadays are they the freqphase version by default? It doesn't say freqphase on the website so I wasn't sure.

post #10118 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiff View Post

If you order the JH13s nowadays are they the freqphase version by default? It doesn't say freqphase on the website so I wasn't sure.


Comes with freqphase.





However if you buy second hand there's a chance it might be a pre freqphase JH13.
post #10119 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post


Comes with freqphase.





However if you buy second hand there's a chance it might be a pre freqphase JH13.


Perfect thanks

post #10120 of 10325

I'm new to this thread.  Are there comparisons here with the Roxanne?  I'll be happy to look back through this, but it's a large thread!  Thanks!

post #10121 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post
 

I'm new to this thread.  Are there comparisons here with the Roxanne?  I'll be happy to look back through this, but it's a large thread!  Thanks!

 

Hey, what would you like to know. Have you tried either so that you could ask me more specific questions so that you would be able to get a clearer picture, I won both but not the custom Roxannes. 

post #10122 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuachew View Post
 

 

Hey, what would you like to know. Have you tried either so that you could ask me more specific questions so that you would be able to get a clearer picture, I won both but not the custom Roxannes. 

Thanks for response.  I haven't tried either, but have read that the Roxannes might possibly carry a darker signature.  I'm not a bass head, so I imagine both would satisfy my bass needs.  I do tend to favor slightly forward mids to bring out vocals and acoustic guitar.  Again I presume both present clear non-sibilant highs, but I'm interested in opinions as to whether one or the other might have a wider soundstage and instrument placement.  It's a pretty substantial investment to be guessing, I know. Probably smarter to wait for RM CanJam to at least demo.

post #10123 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post
 

Thanks for response.  I haven't tried either, but have read that the Roxannes might possibly carry a darker signature.  I'm not a bass head, so I imagine both would satisfy my bass needs.  I do tend to favor slightly forward mids to bring out vocals and acoustic guitar.  Again I presume both present clear non-sibilant highs, but I'm interested in opinions as to whether one or the other might have a wider soundstage and instrument placement.  It's a pretty substantial investment to be guessing, I know. Probably smarter to wait for RM CanJam to at least demo.

 

The roxannes, believe it or not, sound more balanced than the JH13, I like the signature of the JH13 better as it has more sub bass but I like the voicing of the Roxannes where they just sounds so effortless and so to speak it has more reserves while with the JH13, you sort of feel that its kind of pushing and driving as hard as it can. Kinda like seeing how Usain Bolt run and his expression compared to the other runners. They're really trying hard but he is just having a good time. You kind of get the same feeling with the Roxannes too. :)

The mids of the Roxannes are sweeter but the mids of the JH13 has more bloom which I like more. They are both good IEM's that share the same house sound but different signatures. The mids of the JH13 is more forward than the Roxannes which to my ears sound more balanced than the JH13.  

post #10124 of 10325
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia View Post

Thanks for response.  I haven't tried either, but have read that the Roxannes might possibly carry a darker signature.  I'm not a bass head, so I imagine both would satisfy my bass needs.  I do tend to favor slightly forward mids to bring out vocals and acoustic guitar.  Again I presume both present clear non-sibilant highs, but I'm interested in opinions as to whether one or the other might have a wider soundstage and instrument placement.  It's a pretty substantial investment to be guessing, I know. Probably smarter to wait for RM CanJam to at least demo.
The Roxanne universal I demoed had plenty of bass at the lowest setting on the controller so I didn't try to adjust it. But overall, the JH13FP had a more focused presentation of the music than the Roxanne.
post #10125 of 10325
Definitely demo before buying if at all possible.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread