Most recording in modern era done by stereo sound, which is sound in left channel doesn't always appear in right channel and vice versa. That's why you feel missing something when not in Mono mode :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 4/21/14 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 665post #9961 of 100942/24/14 at 1:33am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9962 of 100942/24/14 at 2:01amQuote:Originally Posted by du3z
Great, I'll do just that, thanks!
Well that's all right, I used to listen to my SM3 on one side, powered by sansa clip zip/samsung note 2 just fine. I haven't particular noticed any loss of channel/audio etc. can't know what's missing if I don't know what's there, haha.
My previous earpiece though, yes. I remember listening through a particular track wondering where all the vocals went. Then i finally realised I was missing some stuff. Most of the tracks I listen to nowadays are okay though. Will probably try more mono mode.
Okay, gonna email their customer relations and see if they can do something nice! missing some mono-aural bliss already.
Wasn't there a one-sided JH13 (or was it a Roxanne) a couple posts back? Maybe you can ask JH for that.post #9963 of 100942/24/14 at 8:08amQuote:Quote:
Don't look like it's a one-sided JH13..rather it's a 12 driver piece..so quite a different beast!
Today I hunted for my note 2's earpiece. God the sound, I had a throbbing headache and nausea about 5-10mins of listening. Tried to replicate the sm3, stuffed the earpiece deep and the volume. No where close. Still feeling the effects 6 hours later... =(
Interestingly, for the same track I've been listening to many times over the past few weeks with my SM3, I noticed the stereo separation in the samsung earpiece, but not in the SM3. Something to do with the way the SM3 is made?
Do the JH13's strictly split the left and right channel?post #9964 of 100942/24/14 at 8:40pm
Angie responded and said that they could create a stereo piece for one ear. JH5's or the JH10x3.
Does that mean 4 driver for the JH5? 2 low 2 high? and then 6 piece on the JH10x3? 2 low 2 mid 2 high?
I was only looking at a one-sided JH-13, cause I heard all the rave reviews about it. I'd probably like it. Would probably prefer this option very much but anyway.
Not as neutral as JH10x3, slightly fun. Not as bassy as the JH16, best middle ground? The JH5 I heard sounds more like the JH16, which I find pretty enjoyable but a little too bassy. Never tried the JH13s or 10x3s, so I don't really know how does sound like, not to mention...how would having both sides of either JH5 and JH10x3 in one side sound like. Do I assume the sound signature is the same?
any advice? should I create a new thread?post #9965 of 100942/25/14 at 4:27ampost #9966 of 100942/25/14 at 5:27ampost #9967 of 100942/25/14 at 8:58amI thought the jh10x3 was good when I heard a demo a while back. It's definitely the most neutral of the JHaudio customs that I've heard. It's definitely less bass and warm compared to the jh5post #9968 of 100942/25/14 at 2:57pmQuote:
I thought JH10 was the most neutral?post #9969 of 100942/25/14 at 3:43pmpost #9970 of 100942/25/14 at 7:40pm
This case is awesome, does anyone know where to get it.I mean a Pelican 1010 is easily available but where do you get this custom foam.post #9971 of 100942/26/14 at 5:36am
So excited to join this "club". I've had some inearz remolded TF10s, but man, the clarity difference between those and the JH13s are amazing! I can't wait to use these on stage. I love the new cases too!post #9972 of 100942/26/14 at 6:08ampost #9973 of 100942/26/14 at 6:43am
Boy you guys are making the wait all the more painful...
One question, have anyone tried using the Apex Glacier DAC/AMP to drive their JH13's? What are you thoughts on the pairing?post #9974 of 100942/26/14 at 8:25amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 12 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 2 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude