So my JH13 came back from a refit today. I really hope I don't need another one since I didn't get another set of impressions for them. I'll try them after work but I'll see then.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 7/14/13 at 11:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic looming over the heads of most Hi-Fi audio music player designers. Most just can't seem to get it right and so few end up with a solid...
first thing first , if you have doubts , please let me clear them , these are some of the best $20 phones in this world . secondly , thanks to razzer001 , thanks man ,...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
So, I've owned the 4.A and 4.ai as well as the ER4S and wanted to try something different. In retrospect, I almost pulled the trigger on the Noble 4, but I recall that the infamous dip with the...
These hurt my head almost right away. The good sound quality is not noticeable when my ears and head hurts. Having said that, the price is low and if you don't like them then just return them.
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 654post #9796 of 980412/11/13 at 12:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9797 of 980412/11/13 at 2:55pmpost #9798 of 980412/11/13 at 3:46pmSo from the fit I'm getting now a refit might not be needed but I'll give it a few days before I know for sure. It's definitely great to have them back. Also for whatever reason they are also my lowest profile custom as the others stick out more.post #9799 of 980412/12/13 at 2:42amQuote:Originally Posted by Girls Generation
Why not look into something like Light Harmonic Geek Out, or Resonessence Herus? No need to spend crazy amounts of money for minimal improvement that you might most likely not even be able to appreciate unless you're analyzing the music, not listening to it.
ps. No context. I may look into this TC Konnekt as well.
Along that line, I've quite liked the JH13 Pro with the HRT microStreamer and (particularly) the AudioQuest DragonFly. Though I'm curious to see if the Geek and Herus improve on those models.post #9800 of 980412/12/13 at 9:43amQuote:
I'll second the JH13pro/Microstreamer pairing. I did try the Dragonfly for a few days but wound up returning it as it didn't play nice with one of my computers. I think the HRT Microstreamer is superior.post #9801 of 980412/12/13 at 9:50amI've been reading a lot of favorable microstreamer comments lately. On another note, I decided to take my twagv2 off the jh13 and went back to the stock cable. I have to say, I've tried a bunch of cables and the stock cable, by far, has the best voicing for the JH13 IMO. After the switch back, I no longer felt the need to eq. I'm going to leave well enough alone.post #9802 of 980412/12/13 at 12:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by shotgunshane
I've been reading a lot of favorable microstreamer comments lately. On another note, I decided to take my twagv2 off the jh13 and went back to the stock cable. I have to say, I've tried a bunch of cables and the stock cable, by far, has the best voicing for the JH13 IMO. After the switch back, I no longer felt the need to eq. I'm going to leave well enough alone.
Much agreed, I just took off my Tralucents from my JH13s and the stock cables sound so much better.post #9803 of 980412/12/13 at 12:15pm
It's interesting that the two of you are saying that the stock is better. Almost always it is some aftermarket cable is much better than stock.
Anyway I'm really liking the JH13 with my X3. It's sounding pretty amazing right now. I could be happy with this for a very long time.post #9804 of 980412/12/13 at 1:57pmI got in on a loaner run thing for toxic cables back a little over a year ago for one of their all silver CIEM doohickies, and I ended up liking the stock cable more after about a week of use too. It was like more of a hunch, but i thought the stock cable had more air in the mids. but the differences were incredibly slightReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 11 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 16 seconds ago
- › Mr. Speakers Alpha Dog 31 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › I Want An IEM That "Injects" Bass Directly Into My Skull 1 minute ago
- › Electrodynamic and electrostatic headphones now obsolete ? 2 minutes ago
- › I need help deciding in between the Bose QuietComfort 20i and the... 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Review 4 minutes ago
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Brainwavz Delta by suman134
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › EB92 In-Ear MicroFit Monitors by MadMusicJunkie
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe