Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 641

post #9601 of 10288

Do we have more information about the new flagship by jh audio?

post #9602 of 10288
JH13 FP have arrived. Fit seems perfect and build is fantastic. Really looks great. Will have to get some pics up soon. As far as sound- well it just plain kicks *****.
post #9603 of 10288

Trust me, it gets better.

post #9604 of 10288
 
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post
 

Trust me, it gets better.

 

Yep.. I was honestly surprised at how they improved with use.  I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool believer/non-believer of burn-in (especially with BAs).. I've experienced it to varying degrees with gear.. but after a solid sixty hours of use w/ the JH13, I noticed the upper mids/treble sounded distinctly more open.. the lower mids/upper bass, which sounded somewhat forward and a bit 'honky' ootb, had tightened & flattened out.. as a result, the overall clarity and linearity was simply eye popping.

 

I can't get over just how amazing the soundstage is either.  Absolutely remarkable.  I don't know if it's the FreqPhase tech or whatever, but it's clearly the most impressive display of staging and imaging that I've heard from an IEM.

 

This is also the first IEM I've owned where the audible differences between various cables was so readily audible.  The cables didn't alter the sound in a melodramatic fashion, but it was more significant than I had heard with other top tier IEMs (even the UM Miracle).

 

One other fascinating thing about the JH13.. timbre!  It's unbelievably natural.  As I've said before, the JH13 doesn't suffer from that stereotypical 'BA' sound.. where decay and tonality sounds 'synthetic.'  It's wonderfully realistic.


Edited by FlySweep - 9/27/13 at 11:33am
post #9605 of 10288

You make me wish my JH13 was here already :)

post #9606 of 10288
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post
 

 

Yep.. I was honestly surprised at how they improved with use.  I'm not a dyed-in-the-wool believer/non-believer of burn-in (especially with BAs).. I've experienced it to varying degrees with gear.. but after a solid sixty hours of use w/ the JH13, I noticed the upper mids/treble sounded distinctly more open.. the lower mids/upper bass, which sounded somewhat forward and a bit 'honky,' had tightened & flattened out.. as a result, the clarity and linearity was simply eye popping.

 

I can't get over just how amazing the soundstage is either.  Absolutely remarkable.  I don't know if it's the FreqPhase tech or whatever, but it's clearly the most impressive displays of staging and imaging that I've heard from an IEM.

 

This is also the first IEM I've owned where differences in cables was so readily audible.  Again, the cables themselves didn't alter the sound in a dramatic fashion, but it was more significant than I had heard on other top tier IEMs (even the UM Miracle).

 

One other fascinating thing about the JH13.. timbre!  It's unbelievably natural.  As I've said before, the JH13 doesn't suffer from that stereotypical 'BA' sound.. where decay and tonality sounds 'synthetic.'  It's wonderfully realistic.


Burn in is generally more noticeable and for longer periods of time with Dynamic drivers. But my 8As and the SE5 continued changing for well over 50 hours of usage. I'd say the SE over 75 hours.

post #9607 of 10288

My JH16 opened up and bass-always-on-mode disappeared after around 150 hours of burn in, with periodic listening every 30 hours of burnin.

post #9608 of 10288
I would love to see the JH13 graphed. It seems its tuning would match the OW curve very nicely.

Other than the k3003 still having the best treble tonality I've ever heard, my JH13 is the best balanced and finest tuned iem I've heard to date. Simply awesome.

Best fitting customs I've ever had too. Love the new hockey puck case.
post #9609 of 10288

I'm actually a little envious of the case as I never use the otterbox but I'd likely still semi-soft pouch them anyway.

 

The treble gets better. It will pick up texture and extension to the point where you may feel others you thought were great have a touch too much 'sparkle'. I think those that have had mostly IEMs could actually not get it.

 

You can probably see why finding a cable for these is interesting. Their characters are very noticeable.


Edited by goodvibes - 9/27/13 at 7:50am
post #9610 of 10288

Help me out gents.  Let's play a little match that iem to a full size can game...

 

JH13FP

JH16FP

ES5

846

3003

IE800

W4

535

 

Go!

 

Feel free to add anything I might be forgetting.  Also how is comfort on CIEMs?  Olive comfy?  Comply comfy?  Triflange?

post #9611 of 10288
K3003 reminds me of a hd800. I may not be have the best opinion but it's mine nonetheless.
post #9612 of 10288
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I would love to see the JH13 graphed. It seems its tuning would match the OW curve very nicely.

Other than the k3003 still having the best treble tonality I've ever heard, my JH13 is the best balanced and finest tuned iem I've heard to date. Simply awesome.

Best fitting customs I've ever had too. Love the new hockey puck case.

Yep, it's pretty sweet.  When I first heard the TG334 it blew me away.  The JH13fp was slower to amaze, but now it's monopolizing ear time.  So fast, great timbre & non-fatiguing.  I am not looking forward to JH audio releasing another ciem....

post #9613 of 10288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post

Yep, it's pretty sweet.  When I first heard the TG334 it blew me away.  The JH13fp was slower to amaze, but now it's monopolizing ear time.  So fast, great timbre & non-fatiguing.  I am not looking forward to JH audio releasing another ciem....

I'm now very satisfied with the JH13 and K3K. Of course I'll still be curious but I'm extremely content with what these two offer me long term.
post #9614 of 10288
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post

K3003 reminds me of a hd800. I may not be have the best opinion but it's mine nonetheless.

 

Appreciate that... and the K3 is off the list ;)

post #9615 of 10288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

Help me out gents.  Let's play a little match that iem to a full size can game...

 

JH13FP

JH16FP

ES5

846

3003

IE800

W4

535

 

Go!

 

Feel free to add anything I might be forgetting.  Also how is comfort on CIEMs?  Olive comfy?  Comply comfy?  Triflange?

 

ES5 is too muffled, bad treble 'extension.'

W4 is hands down the most boring iem I've ever heard. It was painful to listen to in the sense that I didn't want to own it and listen to it for hours if I had bought it.

It's a tossup between the 13 and 16 since my 16FP doesn't have bass-always-on-mode but instead has the capability to put out a lot when the track wants it to. But the problem is, the midbass may be slightly forward to some, but others may describe this as the mid bass being filled up where the 13 had a hole in the FR. I'm quoting someone terribly here. I think I would prefer not to have the midbass on the 16 since many of my poorly recorded vocals get annoying. Problem fixed with JH3A though.

 

CIEM comfort depends on how good your fit is and what kind of fit you opted for (musicians fit or listeners fit). Generally it's a disappearing type of comfort; you don't feel it in your ears after a while. So, none of the three you mentioned. :)


Edited by Girls Generation - 9/27/13 at 11:39am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread