Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 628

post #9406 of 10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescanadiens View Post

Hi All,

I am interested in the new JH13 FP and want to know if anybody ever compare the new JH 13 FP vs Fitear 334?

There is an option to go to either SE5, Fitear MH 335 DW or JH 13 FP.
So help me guys :-)
Thanks
The SE5 are warmish neutral ultra detailed yet natural, with a narrow yet very deep soundstwge. The 335 I tried briefly and I would qualify as being quite bassy, with rich mids, very 3D sound but quite intimate presentation. The JH13 I have not tried but everyone seems to agree that clarity is their forte.
post #9407 of 10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Currawong View Post

I had a weird experience just now with my JH13s, which probably could do with more burn-in: The bass suddenly increased significantly. Before that they were sounding rather anemic compared to the 1plus2s.

 

 

Agreed!

post #9408 of 10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLung View Post

I'm sorry, but your 13 - piece of ****. Problems in the midrange, dismissed the background vocals, bloated bass (headphone manufacturers have generally been on live performances?). Perhaps headphones are designed for listening to genres such as rap and hip-hop? In that case, I take that back.

 

Source: CEntrance M8 w/ AK100; iphone5; ak100.

 

Too bad the money spent, but such a nerd like me does not stop and I am still in search of the ideal ciem for me.

 

How many hours have you put on them? Have you contacted JH Audio?
post #9409 of 10281

The JH13s are what I'd call Neutral...

post #9410 of 10281
Very interested in SE5 but to acquire them really take some efforts.

I am interested in impressions of JH13FP vs TG334. I love the sound of 334 but can be fatiguing for long sets. Been trying to check out its sibling Parterre.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimouille View Post

The SE5 are warmish neutral ultra detailed yet natural, with a narrow yet very deep soundstwge. The 335 I tried briefly and I would qualify as being quite bassy, with rich mids, very 3D sound but quite intimate presentation. The JH13 I have not tried but everyone seems to agree that clarity is their forte.
post #9411 of 10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescanadiens View Post

Very interested in SE5 but to acquire them really take some efforts.

I am interested in impressions of JH13FP vs TG334. I love the sound of 334 but can be fatiguing for long sets. Been trying to check out its sibling Parterre.

Thanks

 

I think it depends on your taste of music as well... I do love the 334 but when compared to the JH13 somehow the 13 beats it out, maybe because of the soundstage and imaging the 13 gives...

post #9412 of 10281
Hi VZ,

I think i read somewhere that you also own MH 335 DW, a CIEM i also have interests in.
How do you describe MH 335 DW vs FTG 334 vs JH 13fp.

I love all sorts of music from pop, jazz, metal, electronic to acoustic. So pretty much looking for an all rounder.

From price and availability perspective, i rank my targets:
aJH 13fp, SE5 then MH335 DW (even harder to get than SE5 and much more / the most expensive CIEM out there).
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

I think it depends on your taste of music as well... I do love the 334 but when compared to the JH13 somehow the 13 beats it out, maybe because of the soundstage and imaging the 13 gives...
post #9413 of 10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade_hall View Post

 

How many hours have you put on them? Have you contacted JH Audio?

Around week, it hurts when I use it more than 2 hours. Yep, will send it tomorrow for  refit.

post #9414 of 10281

@Ironlung

I'm not sure what you are hearing and I would put it down to a bad fit\faulty unit.

 

My JH13 FP are neutral(as much as is possible) with deep, tight bass(when it exists in the track).

They are also ultra revealing - you hear everything laid down in the track, which also means that bad masters really show up.

I have not found them to be sibilant at all, even with tracks I know to be very susceptible to it with other IEMs

 

I have tried a number of IEMs and CIEMs over the years and the JH13 FP, for me, really are the ones to rule them all.

 

Contact JH Audio and they will help you

post #9415 of 10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescanadiens View Post

Hi VZ,

I think i read somewhere that you also own MH 335 DW, a CIEM i also have interests in.
How do you describe MH 335 DW vs FTG 334 vs JH 13fp.

I love all sorts of music from pop, jazz, metal, electronic to acoustic. So pretty much looking for an all rounder.

From price and availability perspective, i rank my targets:
aJH 13fp, SE5 then MH335 DW (even harder to get than SE5 and much more / the most expensive CIEM out there).

 

Hello lescanadiens

 

I do have both the 335, 334, and JH13. The 335s are one of my favorite musical CIEMs, especially how they present Pop, Jazz, and Acoustic tracks. But as of now I'm really loving the JH13 due to the imaging with Jazz and Metal, and the Soundstage. I'd say that the 335s present the music like a sphere around your head while the JH13 is a wide open concert hall.

post #9416 of 10281
@lescanadiens

If you want full resolution from bottom to top then Jh13.. If you'd like it to be more bassy then Jh16..
post #9417 of 10281

Thanks VZ,

 

I think JH 13 FP is a good option.

I will scratch Fitear and the only other option is SE 5 and its hard to fathom forwarding service.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO View Post

 

Hello lescanadiens

 

I do have both the 335, 334, and JH13. The 335s are one of my favorite musical CIEMs, especially how they present Pop, Jazz, and Acoustic tracks. But as of now I'm really loving the JH13 due to the imaging with Jazz and Metal, and the Soundstage. I'd say that the 335s present the music like a sphere around your head while the JH13 is a wide open concert hall.

post #9418 of 10281

Hi Soullinker20,

 

You are right, I think I will focus on the less bassy option, so JH 13 fp is a target, other than SE 5.

SE 5 is more difficult to get, more expensive and there is no comparison between SE 5 vs Jh 13 fp, so I will ask more info from the forum to understand better.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post

@lescanadiens

If you want full resolution from bottom to top then Jh13.. If you'd like it to be more bassy then Jh16..
post #9419 of 10281
Quote:
Originally Posted by lescanadiens View Post

Thanks VZ,

 

I think JH 13 FP is a good option.

I will scratch Fitear and the only other option is SE 5 and its hard to fathom forwarding service.

 

 

I agree. You won't regret the JH13. SE5 I want to try but yes... Forwarding service will be hard.

post #9420 of 10281

Those craving an "SE5 sound" should check out the CustomArt Pro 330 (click on the third photo in the marquee below the main photo for info).  A few Pro 330 owners have said it sounds very much like the SE5, as far as the signature goes.  I'm not sure how the technicalities stack up.. but I've got a lot of respect for Piotr's work, so I'd assume it would be top notch.. and would have no problem going with it over the SE5 (due to difficult procurement for non-EU folks).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread