Anyone has sent in to JH for refit?. did you just fill up the re-fit guide and it all worked out?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on Today at 1:56 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 621
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The ladies have arrived. They are stunning in red and fits prefectly.
I was shocked when i first heard them (studio V on max volume; kidding). The soundstage and resolution is a very obvious upgrade from the IE80. The disgustingly overpowered bass of the IE80 has died down, while still having enough punch and emphasis to make me smile. I have been listening to them for about three hours now while installing hardwood on out basement. PURE BLISS . Though I wish there is more emphasis on the mids/vocals (my sweet spot), but according to others from this thread, it opens up after some hundred hours of burn in. This I hope is true.
If only my cables are black ; it would match my studio V and these beauts. Plussound only offers silver & silver+gold in clear-transparent, making them appear white.
On another note, do any of you use the included comply soft wraps? I've been using them and they are some what uncomfortable to remove and put back in, with very minute difference inisolation and fit (subtle, but almost unnoticeable).
Holy dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly lol
Yeah, I find it takes a little practice, but from my experience atm, it doesn't take long before you hit that sweet spot the first time every time.
It's funny, one would think that customs would fit more easily than generics, but it turns out you have to be even more careful because there's only one way they fit ;-)
My tips are short. I just pop them in quickly and push the caps firmly against my ears. Takes me less time to situate than universals. I don't need to twist etc. Once in, you should be able to firmly push the center of the cap portion against your ear. When the pressure is release, they should still be where they belong. My first bend is rather shallow and is barely reached so I can have this fit with stability. It will be a bit different for everyone.
Anyone know the avrg. Turnover time for a reshell?
If you live in the US and just bought them, 3 days. Otherwise 5. Basically 1 day for them to do it, and 1-2 days shipping each way.
You could try a bit of clear nail polish to test but stay away from the bores and it can be removed with nail polish remover. At least that worked for me. I did the last bit of fine tune myself but I wouldn't recommend sanding if you intend to use the fit warranty.
Comply wraps are a band-aid for a bad fit in my opinion. Possibly use them when you need an extra isolating fit. Mine fit a little different than my UERM. My JH13 tips don't go as deep, but are a little fatter - they both block about the same amount of noise.
Thanks for the reply, they fit and sound better to my ears without the wraps.
Still the left earpiece feels a bit tight in the ear canal. Os is it that the tip is too long? How can I tell? I need to diferentiate cause that's required on the refit form on JHAudio's site. All I know is that after a few hours of use, my left earcanal hurts a little bit.
I hope a refit can solve this... but what if it comes back too loose?
Maybe I should give a couple of days and see if my ear can get used to the pressure?
The right earpiece fits perfectly though. since first use, even with the wraps. It's like there's nothing on my ears at all. I would like to have this feeling on both ears.
My Heirs seemed a bit tight when I got them on 7/5 - there was a bit of pain deep in the left canal at first - now they fit like a glove with NO pain - they isolate better than any headphone I have owned. It is like they aren't there, just music entering my head. I would give it some time as the last thing you want is for them to adjust you out of what could be a proper fit.
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › NEED HELP OVER-EAR OPEN HEADPHONERS FOR HEAVY METAL ( GRADO... 1 minute ago
- › OTG cable for Galaxy S4 (micro to mini) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)