Anyone has sent in to JH for refit?. did you just fill up the re-fit guide and it all worked out?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 7/14/13 at 11:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 621
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #9302 of 97947/15/13 at 7:46pm
The ladies have arrived. They are stunning in red and fits prefectly.
I was shocked when i first heard them (studio V on max volume; kidding). The soundstage and resolution is a very obvious upgrade from the IE80. The disgustingly overpowered bass of the IE80 has died down, while still having enough punch and emphasis to make me smile. I have been listening to them for about three hours now while installing hardwood on out basement. PURE BLISS . Though I wish there is more emphasis on the mids/vocals (my sweet spot), but according to others from this thread, it opens up after some hundred hours of burn in. This I hope is true.
If only my cables are black ; it would match my studio V and these beauts. Plussound only offers silver & silver+gold in clear-transparent, making them appear white.
On another note, do any of you use the included comply soft wraps? I've been using them and they are some what uncomfortable to remove and put back in, with very minute difference inisolation and fit (subtle, but almost unnoticeable).post #9303 of 97947/15/13 at 8:20pmHoly dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly lolpost #9304 of 97947/15/13 at 9:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Grimtuth
Holy dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly lol
Yeah, I find it takes a little practice, but from my experience atm, it doesn't take long before you hit that sweet spot the first time every time.post #9305 of 97947/15/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
It's funny, one would think that customs would fit more easily than generics, but it turns out you have to be even more careful because there's only one way they fit ;-)post #9306 of 97947/16/13 at 4:14am
My tips are short. I just pop them in quickly and push the caps firmly against my ears. Takes me less time to situate than universals. I don't need to twist etc. Once in, you should be able to firmly push the center of the cap portion against your ear. When the pressure is release, they should still be where they belong. My first bend is rather shallow and is barely reached so I can have this fit with stability. It will be a bit different for everyone.post #9307 of 97947/17/13 at 12:50amDidnt want to admit it, but my right earpiece is a lil bit shallow and is lacking some girth. Its just not as secure as the left earpiece. i dont want to see them go as i just got them...
Anyone know the avrg. Turnover time for a reshell?post #9308 of 97947/17/13 at 2:48ampost #9309 of 97947/17/13 at 2:49amQuote:
If you live in the US and just bought them, 3 days. Otherwise 5. Basically 1 day for them to do it, and 1-2 days shipping each way.post #9310 of 97947/17/13 at 4:52amQuote:
You could try a bit of clear nail polish to test but stay away from the bores and it can be removed with nail polish remover. At least that worked for me. I did the last bit of fine tune myself but I wouldn't recommend sanding if you intend to use the fit warranty.post #9311 of 97947/17/13 at 10:40ampost #9312 of 97947/17/13 at 11:12am
Comply wraps are a band-aid for a bad fit in my opinion. Possibly use them when you need an extra isolating fit. Mine fit a little different than my UERM. My JH13 tips don't go as deep, but are a little fatter - they both block about the same amount of noise.post #9313 of 97947/18/13 at 8:19amQuote:
Thanks for the reply, they fit and sound better to my ears without the wraps.post #9314 of 97947/18/13 at 2:49pm
Still the left earpiece feels a bit tight in the ear canal. Os is it that the tip is too long? How can I tell? I need to diferentiate cause that's required on the refit form on JHAudio's site. All I know is that after a few hours of use, my left earcanal hurts a little bit.
I hope a refit can solve this... but what if it comes back too loose?
Maybe I should give a couple of days and see if my ear can get used to the pressure?
The right earpiece fits perfectly though. since first use, even with the wraps. It's like there's nothing on my ears at all. I would like to have this feeling on both ears.post #9315 of 97947/18/13 at 3:51pm
My Heirs seemed a bit tight when I got them on 7/5 - there was a bit of pain deep in the left canal at first - now they fit like a glove with NO pain - they isolate better than any headphone I have owned. It is like they aren't there, just music entering my head. I would give it some time as the last thing you want is for them to adjust you out of what could be a proper fit.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › *NEW* B.M.C. PureDAC - Digital to Analog Converter, Balanced... 3 seconds ago
- › UE 4000 vs Steel Series FLUX vs MDR-ZX 600 50 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Harry Nilsson - "The RCA Albums Collection" 2 minutes ago
- › Sansa Clip Zip or Clip+ ? 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 3 minutes ago
- › FitEar 000 Cable 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! Yamaha HPH-200 (PG 1110) !!.KEF... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe