Anyone has sent in to JH for refit?. did you just fill up the re-fit guide and it all worked out?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 7/28/14 at 2:22am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 621
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9302 of 102897/15/13 at 7:46pm
The ladies have arrived. They are stunning in red and fits prefectly.
I was shocked when i first heard them (studio V on max volume; kidding). The soundstage and resolution is a very obvious upgrade from the IE80. The disgustingly overpowered bass of the IE80 has died down, while still having enough punch and emphasis to make me smile. I have been listening to them for about three hours now while installing hardwood on out basement. PURE BLISS . Though I wish there is more emphasis on the mids/vocals (my sweet spot), but according to others from this thread, it opens up after some hundred hours of burn in. This I hope is true.
If only my cables are black ; it would match my studio V and these beauts. Plussound only offers silver & silver+gold in clear-transparent, making them appear white.
On another note, do any of you use the included comply soft wraps? I've been using them and they are some what uncomfortable to remove and put back in, with very minute difference inisolation and fit (subtle, but almost unnoticeable).post #9303 of 102897/15/13 at 8:20pmHoly dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly lolpost #9304 of 102897/15/13 at 9:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by Grimtuth
Holy dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly lol
Yeah, I find it takes a little practice, but from my experience atm, it doesn't take long before you hit that sweet spot the first time every time.post #9305 of 102897/15/13 at 10:19pmQuote:
It's funny, one would think that customs would fit more easily than generics, but it turns out you have to be even more careful because there's only one way they fit ;-)post #9306 of 102897/16/13 at 4:14am
My tips are short. I just pop them in quickly and push the caps firmly against my ears. Takes me less time to situate than universals. I don't need to twist etc. Once in, you should be able to firmly push the center of the cap portion against your ear. When the pressure is release, they should still be where they belong. My first bend is rather shallow and is barely reached so I can have this fit with stability. It will be a bit different for everyone.post #9307 of 102897/17/13 at 12:50amDidnt want to admit it, but my right earpiece is a lil bit shallow and is lacking some girth. Its just not as secure as the left earpiece. i dont want to see them go as i just got them...
Anyone know the avrg. Turnover time for a reshell?post #9308 of 102897/17/13 at 2:48ampost #9309 of 102897/17/13 at 2:49amQuote:
If you live in the US and just bought them, 3 days. Otherwise 5. Basically 1 day for them to do it, and 1-2 days shipping each way.post #9310 of 102897/17/13 at 4:52amQuote:
You could try a bit of clear nail polish to test but stay away from the bores and it can be removed with nail polish remover. At least that worked for me. I did the last bit of fine tune myself but I wouldn't recommend sanding if you intend to use the fit warranty.post #9311 of 102897/17/13 at 10:40ampost #9312 of 102897/17/13 at 11:12am
Comply wraps are a band-aid for a bad fit in my opinion. Possibly use them when you need an extra isolating fit. Mine fit a little different than my UERM. My JH13 tips don't go as deep, but are a little fatter - they both block about the same amount of noise.post #9313 of 102897/18/13 at 8:19amQuote:
Thanks for the reply, they fit and sound better to my ears without the wraps.post #9314 of 102897/18/13 at 2:49pm
Still the left earpiece feels a bit tight in the ear canal. Os is it that the tip is too long? How can I tell? I need to diferentiate cause that's required on the refit form on JHAudio's site. All I know is that after a few hours of use, my left earcanal hurts a little bit.
I hope a refit can solve this... but what if it comes back too loose?
Maybe I should give a couple of days and see if my ear can get used to the pressure?
The right earpiece fits perfectly though. since first use, even with the wraps. It's like there's nothing on my ears at all. I would like to have this feeling on both ears.post #9315 of 102897/18/13 at 3:51pm
My Heirs seemed a bit tight when I got them on 7/5 - there was a bit of pain deep in the left canal at first - now they fit like a glove with NO pain - they isolate better than any headphone I have owned. It is like they aren't there, just music entering my head. I would give it some time as the last thing you want is for them to adjust you out of what could be a proper fit.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 26 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 27 seconds ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 40 seconds ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 57 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-10 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)