Hmm, the otterbox seems slimmer than the pelican but cant u just cut up the pelican foam and stick it inside the otterbox case instead? U get foam as well as a slimmer case that way
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on Yesterday at 5:13 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 615
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9212 of 100946/21/13 at 8:47ampost #9213 of 100946/21/13 at 8:56amQuote:
sometimes I need the space in the Pelican for an extra cable, but I am ordering another foam for the Otterbox nowpost #9214 of 100946/21/13 at 5:35pmpost #9215 of 100946/21/13 at 6:16pm
I received my new JH-13s last week.
The context of my impressions is that I:
- Owned Etymotics ER4S for about 8 years, and paired them with one of the cheaper portable Headroom amps.
- Upgraded to JH-13s with a Corda Symphony II and used them for about 3 years before a dog ate them.
- Bought a pair of HD650s, while I owned the JH13s, and never used them because of the complete lack of detail and imaging, and vague and exaggerated bass, and
- Hadn't listened to anything for ~6 months after the JH13s were eaten, but in the last month had been listening to the HD650s for want of anything else.
I remember why I love them: such neutrality, precision, and detail. Bass is controlled and neutral. Mids are perhaps a little more prominent than the bass/highs, but in a way that accentuates texture and detail in voices and instruments. I can hear the resonance of strings and the bodies of instruments; the rasp of fingers across strings and keyboards. Highs do not sparkle, but nor should they: I think that the essential impression is how wondrously balanced these are. Nothing stands out, which is exactly how it should be. The same is true of the imaging and soundstage: if I care to do so, I can locate even the softest instrument and tiniest details (to the point of hearing background noises in the studio), but if I don't concentrate, then everything again merges into a literally-harmonious whole.
Fking rockin' Very pleased. Also very pleased with the new case, which (for me) wasn't a Pelican case/otterbox, but something shaped like a hockey puck. The top half screws into the bottom half, and it has been made from what seems to be black anodized aluminium that has been milled from a solid block. This time, my name was even spelled correctly; bonus!
Edited by katalyst^ - 6/21/13 at 6:20pmpost #9216 of 100946/21/13 at 6:54pm
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.post #9217 of 100946/21/13 at 7:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by chengsta
I am a first time customer of jh audio, so I never experienced the otterbox. But I really like the black aluminum case because it is pretty damn solid, fits in my pocket, and fits my iems/cable too. It's great if you're looking for a nice small case to quickly throw in your pocket.
:O what pants are u wearing to be able to put those in your pocket? I admit the case is solid and has room for both the iems and spare cables but its soooo thick ><post #9218 of 100946/21/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
Im just wearing normal jeans. But the truth is that I've lost some weight and so all my pants are a bit oversized and I can't afford any new ones thanks to buying the jh16's lol.post #9219 of 100946/21/13 at 9:03pmpost #9220 of 100946/22/13 at 2:19ampost #9221 of 100946/26/13 at 8:02am
They look gorgeous... Congrats!
Mine won't be as beautiful, I'm afraid...post #9222 of 100946/26/13 at 10:30ampost #9223 of 100946/26/13 at 11:32pm
I got my Jh13 last week. I bought these used, and got them reshelled by InEarz.
I'm looking for a good aftermarket cable, mainly the Moon Audio iem cables(still debating on wether to go with the silver dragon or black dragon). Or any other suggestions are welcomed.
EDIT: For more pictures, click here!
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:23ampost #9224 of 100946/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
How did you get on with InEarz?
PM me if you'd ratherpost #9225 of 100946/27/13 at 12:18amQuote:
1. I first contacted them through email. I got a response within 48 hours. Both through email and a couple of phone calls, they were polite, and happy for my business.
2. I'm actually surprised at how good these turned out, I am very happy with the work.. Great value!
3. it was 15 days total turnaround from the time they received my Jh13's.
4. very nice work, especially for the price I paid and the time it took to get them, compared to other companies(currently).
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 12:20amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › What's the difference between a DAC and an Amplifier? 1 second ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 30 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 43 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 1 minute ago
- › Shock discovery! Sansa clip earphones sound like Hd650! 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob