I ordered a bottle of Eargene and Miracell Skin Relief lotion from a hearing aid products supplier via Amazon, so we'll see how those help. In the mean time Caleb at JH Audio came back to me advising it should be a simple adjustment to correct this problem by rounding off and tapering the tips ever so slightly, which could be done under the fit warranty.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... Last post on Today at 6:25 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 4/29/13 at 3:49am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 607post #9091 of 91412/12/13 at 4:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9092 of 91412/12/13 at 8:01ampost #9093 of 91412/12/13 at 1:11pmpost #9094 of 91412/16/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by jr41
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!
you just need to brush your ears 3times a day.
seriously just be careful not to get lotion into your iems. we've got someone on a french forum who just killed a driver like that.post #9095 of 91412/22/13 at 11:48ampost #9096 of 91412/22/13 at 12:14pm
If you're not in a hurry. Ted at Cablepro is building me a long crystal copper litz cable to try on mt FP JH13s. It's from a particular souce he likes and he's even careful about solder type. He doesn't use standard or silver solder on copper as he's got something better. Hyper Litz has the best phase character, the absolute widest bandwidth, most surface area, least strand interaction( theorehtically as good as solid core) and commonality of strand load (when wound correctly). Each strand is also individually insulated against oxygen so it will retain it's performance, smooth surface and shiney copper color forever. 100 or so strands in each 25ish ga wire in the braid will also be very flexable. A lot of what a fine stranded Litz is capable of is theorehtical overkill for this purpose but it should be in that price bracket and I couldn't think of a better way to do a cable. Probably be a few weeks but it should fit that price range and I'll report on how it works here.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/22/13 at 12:17pmpost #9097 of 91412/22/13 at 1:40pmHeungwing,
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.post #9098 of 91412/22/13 at 2:48pmpost #9099 of 91413/2/13 at 5:41am
Well I persevered with the Miracell lotion for a week or so, but in the end I've reluctantly conceded they're simply just a bit to big and so have to go back for a fit adjustment.
Sad times as I was really enjoying the sound!post #9100 of 91413/2/13 at 7:04ampost #9101 of 91413/4/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....Quote:Originally Posted by bwaterme
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.post #9102 of 91413/6/13 at 2:02ampost #9103 of 91413/6/13 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.
Glad i saw these two quotes, I ordered a new portable amp and needed a custom mini to mini. Ordered a cable today after I pelted them with questions first and sure enough, Chritian was right on it, answered all quickly so i ordered. I am curious to see the final product too. Here's the link again.. http://www.plussoundaudio.com/post #9104 of 91413/7/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by cwliew
Finally got a reply from Gary from JH Audio. No real response to the 4 emails I sent with no reply. It sounds like apparently they didn't get them, so I forwarded him the emails that I had sent before.
In any case, apparently my order is going to ship soon.
So I guess they didn't get the email where I asked for my money back either!
Ah well, will get the IEM's at least, and will see what their service is like after that.
So far, am not very impressed. Perhaps they only really want to look after local clients, and not international ones.
Gary is the worst person to speak to. Got my bad experience to communicate with him. He is rude and his answers/comments were abrupt and useless.
Brittany, the co-owner of JHAudio was more helpful and considerate.
Edited by vovkinson - 3/7/13 at 5:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP 33 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › What are you listening to? 2 minutes ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 4 minutes ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 5 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO X3 – High Fi, Low Price. 5 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 6 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe