I ordered a bottle of Eargene and Miracell Skin Relief lotion from a hearing aid products supplier via Amazon, so we'll see how those help. In the mean time Caleb at JH Audio came back to me advising it should be a simple adjustment to correct this problem by rounding off and tapering the tips ever so slightly, which could be done under the fit warranty.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on Yesterday at 2:22 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 607post #9091 of 102882/12/13 at 4:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9092 of 102882/12/13 at 8:01ampost #9093 of 102882/12/13 at 1:11pmpost #9094 of 102882/16/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by jr41
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!
you just need to brush your ears 3times a day.
seriously just be careful not to get lotion into your iems. we've got someone on a french forum who just killed a driver like that.post #9095 of 102882/22/13 at 11:48ampost #9096 of 102882/22/13 at 12:14pm
If you're not in a hurry. Ted at Cablepro is building me a long crystal copper litz cable to try on mt FP JH13s. It's from a particular souce he likes and he's even careful about solder type. He doesn't use standard or silver solder on copper as he's got something better. Hyper Litz has the best phase character, the absolute widest bandwidth, most surface area, least strand interaction( theorehtically as good as solid core) and commonality of strand load (when wound correctly). Each strand is also individually insulated against oxygen so it will retain it's performance, smooth surface and shiney copper color forever. 100 or so strands in each 25ish ga wire in the braid will also be very flexable. A lot of what a fine stranded Litz is capable of is theorehtical overkill for this purpose but it should be in that price bracket and I couldn't think of a better way to do a cable. Probably be a few weeks but it should fit that price range and I'll report on how it works here.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/22/13 at 12:17pmpost #9097 of 102882/22/13 at 1:40pmHeungwing,
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.post #9098 of 102882/22/13 at 2:48pmpost #9099 of 102883/2/13 at 5:41am
Well I persevered with the Miracell lotion for a week or so, but in the end I've reluctantly conceded they're simply just a bit to big and so have to go back for a fit adjustment.
Sad times as I was really enjoying the sound!post #9100 of 102883/2/13 at 7:04ampost #9101 of 102883/4/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....Quote:Originally Posted by bwaterme
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.post #9102 of 102883/6/13 at 2:02ampost #9103 of 102883/6/13 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.
Glad i saw these two quotes, I ordered a new portable amp and needed a custom mini to mini. Ordered a cable today after I pelted them with questions first and sure enough, Chritian was right on it, answered all quickly so i ordered. I am curious to see the final product too. Here's the link again.. http://www.plussoundaudio.com/post #9104 of 102883/7/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by cwliew
Finally got a reply from Gary from JH Audio. No real response to the 4 emails I sent with no reply. It sounds like apparently they didn't get them, so I forwarded him the emails that I had sent before.
In any case, apparently my order is going to ship soon.
So I guess they didn't get the email where I asked for my money back either!
Ah well, will get the IEM's at least, and will see what their service is like after that.
So far, am not very impressed. Perhaps they only really want to look after local clients, and not international ones.
Gary is the worst person to speak to. Got my bad experience to communicate with him. He is rude and his answers/comments were abrupt and useless.
Brittany, the co-owner of JHAudio was more helpful and considerate.
Edited by vovkinson - 3/7/13 at 5:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › What model Shure IEM are these? How can I fix them? 4 seconds ago
- › Upgraded amp + upgraded DAC + FLAC vs. lower end amp + lower end... 11 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D510 32 seconds ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 58 seconds ago
- › High-End Budget Earbuds (Dasetn, Tingo, Baldoor etc) and Earbud... 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › Blox earbuds Discussion (TM7, M2C, ANV3, BE5) 1 minute ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iPod 7th Gen Classic 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)