I ordered a bottle of Eargene and Miracell Skin Relief lotion from a hearing aid products supplier via Amazon, so we'll see how those help. In the mean time Caleb at JH Audio came back to me advising it should be a simple adjustment to correct this problem by rounding off and tapering the tips ever so slightly, which could be done under the fit warranty.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 1/20/14 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 607post #9091 of 100332/12/13 at 4:58am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9092 of 100332/12/13 at 8:01ampost #9093 of 100332/12/13 at 1:11pmpost #9094 of 100332/16/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by jr41
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!
you just need to brush your ears 3times a day.
seriously just be careful not to get lotion into your iems. we've got someone on a french forum who just killed a driver like that.post #9095 of 100332/22/13 at 11:48ampost #9096 of 100332/22/13 at 12:14pm
If you're not in a hurry. Ted at Cablepro is building me a long crystal copper litz cable to try on mt FP JH13s. It's from a particular souce he likes and he's even careful about solder type. He doesn't use standard or silver solder on copper as he's got something better. Hyper Litz has the best phase character, the absolute widest bandwidth, most surface area, least strand interaction( theorehtically as good as solid core) and commonality of strand load (when wound correctly). Each strand is also individually insulated against oxygen so it will retain it's performance, smooth surface and shiney copper color forever. 100 or so strands in each 25ish ga wire in the braid will also be very flexable. A lot of what a fine stranded Litz is capable of is theorehtical overkill for this purpose but it should be in that price bracket and I couldn't think of a better way to do a cable. Probably be a few weeks but it should fit that price range and I'll report on how it works here.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/22/13 at 12:17pmpost #9097 of 100332/22/13 at 1:40pmHeungwing,
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.post #9098 of 100332/22/13 at 2:48pmpost #9099 of 100333/2/13 at 5:41am
Well I persevered with the Miracell lotion for a week or so, but in the end I've reluctantly conceded they're simply just a bit to big and so have to go back for a fit adjustment.
Sad times as I was really enjoying the sound!post #9100 of 100333/2/13 at 7:04ampost #9101 of 100333/4/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....Quote:Originally Posted by bwaterme
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.post #9102 of 100333/6/13 at 2:02ampost #9103 of 100333/6/13 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.
Glad i saw these two quotes, I ordered a new portable amp and needed a custom mini to mini. Ordered a cable today after I pelted them with questions first and sure enough, Chritian was right on it, answered all quickly so i ordered. I am curious to see the final product too. Here's the link again.. http://www.plussoundaudio.com/post #9104 of 100333/7/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by cwliew
Finally got a reply from Gary from JH Audio. No real response to the 4 emails I sent with no reply. It sounds like apparently they didn't get them, so I forwarded him the emails that I had sent before.
In any case, apparently my order is going to ship soon.
So I guess they didn't get the email where I asked for my money back either!
Ah well, will get the IEM's at least, and will see what their service is like after that.
So far, am not very impressed. Perhaps they only really want to look after local clients, and not international ones.
Gary is the worst person to speak to. Got my bad experience to communicate with him. He is rude and his answers/comments were abrupt and useless.
Brittany, the co-owner of JHAudio was more helpful and considerate.
Edited by vovkinson - 3/7/13 at 5:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 59 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Android: Neutron Music Player 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › 100 Ohm Adaptor for low impedance headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 7 minutes ago
- › Explain your avatar 8 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude