I ordered a bottle of Eargene and Miracell Skin Relief lotion from a hearing aid products supplier via Amazon, so we'll see how those help. In the mean time Caleb at JH Audio came back to me advising it should be a simple adjustment to correct this problem by rounding off and tapering the tips ever so slightly, which could be done under the fit warranty.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/12/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on 7/14/13 at 11:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 607post #9091 of 97942/12/13 at 4:58am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #9092 of 97942/12/13 at 8:01ampost #9093 of 97942/12/13 at 1:11pmpost #9094 of 97942/16/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by jr41
Thanks for the suggestion. While researching 'ear lubricants' I came across a thread which talked about wetting tips with saliva before inserting them, but someone posted a counter point that maybe it's not a good idea to put saliva in your ears from a hygiene perpective (i.e. introducing bacteria which isn't meant to be in your ears, etc.) so I haven't tried it. In all likely hood no harm would come of it, and as you mention, it is something you always have with you!
you just need to brush your ears 3times a day.
seriously just be careful not to get lotion into your iems. we've got someone on a french forum who just killed a driver like that.post #9095 of 97942/22/13 at 11:48ampost #9096 of 97942/22/13 at 12:14pm
If you're not in a hurry. Ted at Cablepro is building me a long crystal copper litz cable to try on mt FP JH13s. It's from a particular souce he likes and he's even careful about solder type. He doesn't use standard or silver solder on copper as he's got something better. Hyper Litz has the best phase character, the absolute widest bandwidth, most surface area, least strand interaction( theorehtically as good as solid core) and commonality of strand load (when wound correctly). Each strand is also individually insulated against oxygen so it will retain it's performance, smooth surface and shiney copper color forever. 100 or so strands in each 25ish ga wire in the braid will also be very flexable. A lot of what a fine stranded Litz is capable of is theorehtical overkill for this purpose but it should be in that price bracket and I couldn't think of a better way to do a cable. Probably be a few weeks but it should fit that price range and I'll report on how it works here.
Edited by goodvibes - 2/22/13 at 12:17pmpost #9097 of 97942/22/13 at 1:40pmHeungwing,
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.post #9098 of 97942/22/13 at 2:48pmpost #9099 of 97943/2/13 at 5:41am
Well I persevered with the Miracell lotion for a week or so, but in the end I've reluctantly conceded they're simply just a bit to big and so have to go back for a fit adjustment.
Sad times as I was really enjoying the sound!post #9100 of 97943/2/13 at 7:04ampost #9101 of 97943/4/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....Quote:Originally Posted by bwaterme
I can't speak for the final product, but I can say that Christian at www.plussoundaudio.com provides amazing presales customer support. Go to their site and check out his products. If you have questions just click on the contact link and I am sure you will be pleased with their response times. They seem extremely flexible in doing what it takes to get your business and meet your needs.
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.post #9102 of 97943/6/13 at 2:02ampost #9103 of 97943/6/13 at 10:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by tomscy2000
Overkill is the name of the game for pretty much everyone on here....
Agreed. plusSound is by far one of the best to deal with. Their site is organized, and their response times are pretty much second to none. In the past, I've received replies almost always within 2 hours. They're also one of the few non-overhyped cable builders on here, and they actually sometimes get overlooked compared to the others, which (sometimes) get (undue) attention.
Glad i saw these two quotes, I ordered a new portable amp and needed a custom mini to mini. Ordered a cable today after I pelted them with questions first and sure enough, Chritian was right on it, answered all quickly so i ordered. I am curious to see the final product too. Here's the link again.. http://www.plussoundaudio.com/post #9104 of 97943/7/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by cwliew
Finally got a reply from Gary from JH Audio. No real response to the 4 emails I sent with no reply. It sounds like apparently they didn't get them, so I forwarded him the emails that I had sent before.
In any case, apparently my order is going to ship soon.
So I guess they didn't get the email where I asked for my money back either!
Ah well, will get the IEM's at least, and will see what their service is like after that.
So far, am not very impressed. Perhaps they only really want to look after local clients, and not international ones.
Gary is the worst person to speak to. Got my bad experience to communicate with him. He is rude and his answers/comments were abrupt and useless.
Brittany, the co-owner of JHAudio was more helpful and considerate.
Edited by vovkinson - 3/7/13 at 5:59pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound... 2 minutes ago
- › [Interest Check] Official Vienna Meet 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Bass heavy in ear headphones under $30 3 minutes ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 3 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi