yeah i just did a pretty intense comparison, since i havent really listened to the 13s since getting the HE-6s. And i would say the 13's have a bigger space, and better imaging, whereas the 6s are "further away" but flatter. the 13s are also more neutral and balanced i would say, but they are also a bit more sibilant in the highs. the 6s are brighter but much smoother, the highs on the 6s are amazing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on Yesterday at 2:22 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 601post #9001 of 1028811/15/12 at 5:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #9002 of 1028811/15/12 at 7:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by ProjectDenz
Now that the hype about the JH13 has died down over the years, do people these days still see the JH13 as genuinely comparable to the likes of other top tier headphones like the HD800 or LCD2? I've seen the threads comparing them but it would be interesting to see what people think now that this iem has long passed it's "FOTM" stage.
Not FOTM for sure. Still good and well respected for it's accurate sound.post #9003 of 1028811/15/12 at 8:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by czqdtcQuote:Originally Posted by midoo1990
I "much" prefer my jh13 to the lcd2.
Although lcd2 has great bass,the jh13 is more neutral,better imaging,deeper soundstage,better treble and airiness and a wee bit more detailed.
My biggest problem with the lcd2 is its soundstage and lack of air.thats why I'm hunting down an hd800,
You must be ... freaking kidding me.
My hifiman he-500 sounds better than JH13 in every aspect, some by a huge margin.
HE-500 and JH13 are my two main phones and while I do prefer the HE-500 it would be the JH13 I would keep if I could have only one phone and I wouldn't say that the HE-500 is hugely better in any aspect, they both have their strenghts where they each are better than the other. I've had the JH13 for 3 years and HE-500 for 1 1/2 year.post #9004 of 1028811/15/12 at 10:35pmpost #9005 of 1028811/18/12 at 11:53pm
After the 7th repair (!!!!!) the imbalance issue remains. They redid the left monitor, but it became very uncomfortable also. On the top of that they touched the right side (which was ok) and I have now some cosmetic issue on it. It took them more than a week to do all this mess. I still can't believe how unprofessional they are.post #9006 of 1028811/19/12 at 5:10amYou have two options.
Either make a new impression and send it to them and tell them to make another shell.
Or live with what you have.
If I were you,I would make new impressions and if it didn't work,iwouldjust call it bad luck and forget that I bought an iem.post #9007 of 1028811/19/12 at 5:27ampost #9008 of 1028811/19/12 at 4:17pmpost #9009 of 1028811/27/12 at 6:50am
Sorry for the Off Topic Guys.
Just wondering if you guys have seen and want to participate in this:
We're hoping the thread will be added to the Home page to make it more visible to everyone....in the meantime, spread the word
Cheerspost #9010 of 1028811/27/12 at 9:00am
I'll second what HeadphoneAddict said. The JH13s are very much not flavor of the month. I also think it's perfectly fair to compare IEMs, full sized headphones, and speakers. The presentation is different, but the fundamentals of sound reproduction are the same. With that in mind, my three and a half year old JH13s remain the all round best headphones I've spent any time with. They simply do not have any weaknesses. I expect that only the new Freqphase line of 13s and high end Stax rigs would do notably better.post #9011 of 1028811/28/12 at 1:29pm
I've been steadily working my way through this thread from page 1 with a view to eventually buying a pair of JH-13s. Got all the way to page 293 but then I spotted an advert for JH Audio's 'bigears' holiday sale on their Facebook page over the weekend. The 20% off was too much to resist so I took the plunge. I um'd and ah'd between the 13s and the 16s up until the last minute but decided to stick with the 13s in the end.
I have an appointment with Harley Street Hearing, London to get impressions made on Friday. Can't wait to receive my new iems but I think it'll take a while - they've already got a 25 - 30 business day lead time apparently, which I'm sure is going to increase quite a bit when all the sale impressions land in their mailbox.
Did anyone else take advantage of the sale?post #9012 of 1028811/28/12 at 1:37pm
yup and the lead time would indicate that plenty have. 13 for me as well but I didn't need to think about it. I've heard the old version universals and 13s are much more my speed. It's nice that they got their freq on before the sale. Closed the deal for me. I tweaked triple bore jh13 has me excited.post #9013 of 1028811/28/12 at 1:49pm
The fact that the 16s have three bores was one of the reasons I was debating which to choose. I've just been reading the JH Audio Blog though, and their latest post on Freqphase mentions the 13s have been upgraded to a triple bore configuration too, as you stated. A definite bonus.post #9014 of 1028812/6/12 at 12:04amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 38 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Choosing an external sound card for good headphones (HD 600-650, DT... 2 minutes ago
- › WTB: Meier Corda Rock 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)