yeah i just did a pretty intense comparison, since i havent really listened to the 13s since getting the HE-6s. And i would say the 13's have a bigger space, and better imaging, whereas the 6s are "further away" but flatter. the 13s are also more neutral and balanced i would say, but they are also a bit more sibilant in the highs. the 6s are brighter but much smoother, the highs on the 6s are amazing.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAUDIOLOGYtagged by System, 6/22/10
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 7/14/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/22/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/5/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productUE 11 Protagged by System, 7/15/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productWestone ES3Xtagged by System, 2/11/11
Related Forum Threads
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature custom IEM Last post on Today at 1:56 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Cleared my inventory, ready for customs Last post on 7/28/11 at 7:05pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Ulitmate Ears and JH Audio $1,300 scam? Last post on 8/23/11 at 10:35pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Thinking of going the Custom IEM route... Any advice?? Last post on 3/2/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I recently got the AK 100 II after dabbling with a phone based stack. Alternate setup: Samsung Galaxy S5 FIIO E18 + PowerAmp Pro (Cost: 2.99€) + iSyncr (Cost: 3.99€) + Stream to...
After an extensive search online for a replacement for my very good Schiit Bifrost, I settled on the Dacmini, in part from comments here on Head-Fi, and the fact that Stereophile has had it as a...
DUNU DN-2000 Quick Review Full Review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/728105/dunu-dn-2000-review Thanks to DUNU for the sample. Brief: DUNU take’s it to the top. Price: US$316 or £186...
Ok first I need to say that I'm not an audiophile, and I use this site mostly for help than giving advise whit that told I will continue I've owned this headset for more than a year and they...
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 601
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Now that the hype about the JH13 has died down over the years, do people these days still see the JH13 as genuinely comparable to the likes of other top tier headphones like the HD800 or LCD2? I've seen the threads comparing them but it would be interesting to see what people think now that this iem has long passed it's "FOTM" stage.
Not FOTM for sure. Still good and well respected for it's accurate sound.
I "much" prefer my jh13 to the lcd2.
Although lcd2 has great bass,the jh13 is more neutral,better imaging,deeper soundstage,better treble and airiness and a wee bit more detailed.
My biggest problem with the lcd2 is its soundstage and lack of air.thats why I'm hunting down an hd800,
You must be ... freaking kidding me.
My hifiman he-500 sounds better than JH13 in every aspect, some by a huge margin.
HE-500 and JH13 are my two main phones and while I do prefer the HE-500 it would be the JH13 I would keep if I could have only one phone and I wouldn't say that the HE-500 is hugely better in any aspect, they both have their strenghts where they each are better than the other. I've had the JH13 for 3 years and HE-500 for 1 1/2 year.
After the 7th repair (!!!!!) the imbalance issue remains. They redid the left monitor, but it became very uncomfortable also. On the top of that they touched the right side (which was ok) and I have now some cosmetic issue on it. It took them more than a week to do all this mess. I still can't believe how unprofessional they are.
Either make a new impression and send it to them and tell them to make another shell.
Or live with what you have.
If I were you,I would make new impressions and if it didn't work,iwouldjust call it bad luck and forget that I bought an iem.
Sorry for the Off Topic Guys.
Just wondering if you guys have seen and want to participate in this:
We're hoping the thread will be added to the Home page to make it more visible to everyone....in the meantime, spread the word
I'll second what HeadphoneAddict said. The JH13s are very much not flavor of the month. I also think it's perfectly fair to compare IEMs, full sized headphones, and speakers. The presentation is different, but the fundamentals of sound reproduction are the same. With that in mind, my three and a half year old JH13s remain the all round best headphones I've spent any time with. They simply do not have any weaknesses. I expect that only the new Freqphase line of 13s and high end Stax rigs would do notably better.
I've been steadily working my way through this thread from page 1 with a view to eventually buying a pair of JH-13s. Got all the way to page 293 but then I spotted an advert for JH Audio's 'bigears' holiday sale on their Facebook page over the weekend. The 20% off was too much to resist so I took the plunge. I um'd and ah'd between the 13s and the 16s up until the last minute but decided to stick with the 13s in the end.
I have an appointment with Harley Street Hearing, London to get impressions made on Friday. Can't wait to receive my new iems but I think it'll take a while - they've already got a 25 - 30 business day lead time apparently, which I'm sure is going to increase quite a bit when all the sale impressions land in their mailbox.
Did anyone else take advantage of the sale?
yup and the lead time would indicate that plenty have. 13 for me as well but I didn't need to think about it. I've heard the old version universals and 13s are much more my speed. It's nice that they got their freq on before the sale. Closed the deal for me. I tweaked triple bore jh13 has me excited.
The fact that the 16s have three bores was one of the reasons I was debating which to choose. I've just been reading the JH Audio Blog though, and their latest post on Freqphase mentions the 13s have been upgraded to a triple bore configuration too, as you stated. A definite bonus.
- JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ipod 5th generation 80gb Classic - Where can i find a case ! 52 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HP-DX1000 Owners Unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 minutes ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HI fi is so damn addictive ! 7 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by CasperBxl
- › CEntrance DACmini CX by joespride
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by mark2410
- › Astro A40 Audio System - White by MaxiMarciano
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)