Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread - Page 389

post #5821 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
@midoo1990 my friend from IE apprecication thread, you and I both own IE8 so we both know how IE8 sounds..well, let's just say jh13 makes ie8 sound rather boring. If there's a short comming about jh13, (not sure if I am describing it correctly but) it humps occassionally with low frequencies....
hey MadDOG,ya i like my ie8 ALOT but i am interseted in the jh13pro and i may actually save for them,thats why i asked about SQ but it seemed as if i insulted someone and everyone jumped at me anyway,you said that the jh13 makes the ie8 sound boring,wow what a statment.the ie8 is anything but boring so the jh13 must be one of a kind thanks man for your impressions it helped me alot.
p.s:just because the jh13pro is liked by 99% of headfiers here,it doesnt mean that i will like it,i may be from the other 1% so i have my right here to question about sq.
post #5822 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
Part of it is that it has all been said. I use them for reference when I make changes to a system, test op amps in a circuit and test out and construct new IC's. I find that from the lowest lows to the extended high that nothing is left wanting. I don't focus on the sound of the monitors any longer, I focus on the sound and that about says it all. I would like to express some let-down in some area that might make this all appear more objective but at the same time, I am glad I haven't found any.

On fit, these are custom to ears that are like finger prints, with obviously, no two a like. That there would be some fit issues would seem obvious on such a delicate and complex matter as fitting something to the outer ear and canal. That so many fit so well to begin with is testament. That there are some that are more difficult seems only natural, unfortunately.
thank you very much jamato.
post #5823 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
Is this so-called hump what one would typically call a mid-bass hump?
Not my experience at all, though I interpret "hump" as used in most posts around here as something unnaturally elevated. With that in mind, I don't experience anything like a hump, even the reported 50Hz hump. I experience deep, fast bass, that sounds quite natural, with nothing out of whack unless the music, mixing, and mastering provides that.
post #5824 of 10276
The bass is phenomenal. Without the "hump", it just wouldn't feel right. It's be great, but it'd be kind of like an Ety.

Etymotic went for flat frequency response, JH went for realistic frequency response. The low bass "oomph" Jerry added in goes a long way towards making up for the lack of visceral impact from such small transducers.

It's the best bass response of almost any headphone I've ever heard, Monkey. It turns bass drums, synthesizers and bass guitars into textured, rich instruments rather than just low notes. I've tried EQing it down a few db at 50hz, and it takes some of the magic out. I'm confident that, if not flat, the bass is certainly right.
post #5825 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happybottle View Post
Just got mine back: isolation problem fixed!
How? What did they do?
post #5826 of 10276
Thanks for the clarifications gang. Deep bass hump, I guess, if anything. Good place to emphasize the frequency in an IEM if you're going to do it. Pretty much consistent with what my beer-soaked brain heard in September.

Although I will go on record as stating that I am not terrified of mid-bass hump.

I continue to look forward to not getting these.
post #5827 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
The bass is phenomenal. Without the "hump", it just wouldn't feel right. It's be great, but it'd be kind of like an Ety.

Etymotic went for flat frequency response, JH went for realistic frequency response. The low bass "oomph" Jerry added in goes a long way towards making up for the lack of visceral impact from such small transducers.

It's the best bass response of almost any headphone I've ever heard, Monkey. It turns bass drums, synthesizers and bass guitars into textured, rich instruments rather than just low notes. I've tried EQing it down a few db at 50hz, and it takes some of the magic out. I'm confident that, if not flat, the bass is certainly right.
Well said. The bass is designed in such a way that the +8dB programmed hump actually doesn't sound like 8dB -- it's virtually transparent. Yet the effect it imparts to kick drums and anything needing visceral impact is simply beyond unreal -- it's straight-up real.
post #5828 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post
How? What did they do?
SOP is adding 2 layers of clear acrylic to the canal section.
post #5829 of 10276
Listening to Underworld - Pearl's Girl live right now w/ mine and Shadow. It's like standing at the railing way up at the front.
post #5830 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
p.s:just because the jh13pro is liked by 99% of headfiers here,it doesnt mean that i will like it,i may be from the other 1% so i have my right here to question about sq.
Um... does that 1% even exist?...

Honestly, I personally have yet to read about a single person that didn't like the sound of the JH13 Pro. That includes non-Head-Fiers....
post #5831 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin022 View Post
Listening to Underworld - Pearl's Girl live right now w/ mine and Shadow. It's like standing at the railing way up at the front.
This is good news for me because one of my biggest regrets is never getting a chance to see Underworld live!!!

Argggh, my darn impressions were posted 5 days ago, and the tracking still says they havn't moved from the post office!!! Get off ya arses Australia Post!!!
post #5832 of 10276
Did you get a tracking number? Where did you find that? Mine are either coming tomorrow or Monday...so would like to find out
post #5833 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog
If there's a short comming about jh13, (not sure if I am describing it correctly but) it humps occassionally with low frequencies....
Same here. In rare cases I have the impression the JH13 slightly distort at low frequencies. In those cases I think the lower-bass tuning of the JH13 seem to be maxed out. It may be an psycho-acoustic phenomenon because I can't hear the distortion on every day (same songs).

@Darwin022
I love to listen to 'Underworld, A Hundered Days Off' with the JH13. It sound fantastic.
post #5834 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwirugby View Post
How? What did they do?
According to Adam, just added two coats of acrylic to the right IEM's canal.
post #5835 of 10276
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujobob View Post
Did you get a tracking number? Where did you find that? Mine are either coming tomorrow or Monday...so would like to find out
I had to call and ask for my tracking number. My order status changed to "shipped" the day before they actually shipped also (even though they claimed they had already gone out when I called)....

@Zardos - Nice I'll have to listen to that soon. Perfecto Chills Vol.1 sounded fantastic also.

This is the first chance I've had to sit down and actually LISTEN to music on them for an extended period of time. Very happy with what I'm hearing so far
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH-13 PRO appreciation thread