Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC? - Page 32

post #466 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathzombie View Post
 

This would seem strange, but I was pumping my fists when Walter kills the gang with his DIY mounted machine gun and tells Lydia on the phone that she gave her ricin. 

 

:beerchug:  

Me too! The gang was just evil to the core. Lydia was the worst kind of evil. She was politician evil. She was greed personified. She had people do evil for her. At least Walter started out good, he thought that he could dabble in the evil world and eventually quit it, to ultimately go back to his family and to his normal life at will. His flaws, which were flaws that almost everyone has to one degree or another, brought him down. He paid the price. I think that's why people rooted for him to "win" until the end.

post #467 of 511

No "Breaking Bad" tonight. Depression is beginning to become apparent...:(

post #468 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLeeWebb View Post
 

No "Breaking Bad" tonight. Depression is beginning to become apparent...:(

I'm feeling it too:(

 

Boardwalk Empire is pretty good though.

post #469 of 511

Yeah it's just one less thing to look forward to... At least I can re familiarize myself with Mad Men again.  When that ends next year then it will really suck.  

post #470 of 511

Homeland isn't too bad either.

post #471 of 511

how many of you believed after seeing this that he had only passed out?

post #472 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

Yeah it's just one less thing to look forward to... At least I can re familiarize myself with Mad Men again.  When that ends next year then it will really suck.  

 

I don't exactly know why, but I love Mad Men.

 

It would be great if there were more top notch TV shows. All the FOX, ABC, and Showtime is complete rubbish. 

 

HBO and AMC have shown me how good TV can be, and how bad >99% of TV actually is.

post #473 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Over My Head View Post
 

 

I don't exactly know why, but I love Mad Men.

 

 

HBO and AMC have shown me how good TV can be, and how bad >99% of TV actually is.

I know right? I'm not sure why I like Mad Men either, after a few seasons it just seemed like everyone was cheating on each other and only caring about themselves but for some reason it ties Breaking Bad as my two favorite shows.  

 

HBO has had several good military mini series (Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and Generation Kill) 

post #474 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by linglingjr View Post
 

I know right? I'm not sure why I like Mad Men either, after a few seasons it just seemed like everyone was cheating on each other and only caring about themselves but for some reason it ties Breaking Bad as my two favorite shows.  

 

HBO has had several good military mini series (Band of Brothers, The Pacific, and Generation Kill) 

I've love all of HBO's top shelf dramas (I don't get into their comedies, and True Blood jumped the shark after season 2). Generation Kill was awesome.

 

Six Feet Under and Big Love were also very cool. Similar to Mad Men in the sense that you really get to know and care about the characters (whether you like them or not) and empathise with their seemingly mundane first world problems.

post #475 of 511
This is a question for those living in the US.
How do you find PBS's programs in general?
I'm looking at it from the BBC perspective. Does it have any informative shows? I understand expecting something like Sherlock would be too much.
post #476 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

This is a question for those living in the US.
How do you find PBS's programs in general?
I'm looking at it from the BBC perspective. Does it have any informative shows? I understand expecting something like Sherlock would be too much.

 

http://www.pbs.org

post #477 of 511
When he says "how do you find" he's not speaking in terms of location but approval.

For my friend across the pond, PBS in nothing like the BBC. First, it doesn't have much of a TV presence compared to BBC. PBS is primarily a radio medium in this country. Second, it's fairly politically biased towards the liberal end of the spectrum, which is OK by me but not by many of my fellow Americans. The US is not a country that likes any government funded "anything" so the amount of money pumped into the PBS system is minimal compared to the BBC budget.

On the topic of Breaking Bad... Clearly one of the best shows ever to appear on television. It's a close call for me between The Wire and Breaking Bad as to who takes 1st place in that competition.
Edited by SoulSyde - 10/6/13 at 5:59pm
post #478 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde View Post

When he says "how do you find" he's not speaking in terms of location but approval.

For my friend across the pond, PBS in nothing like the BBC. First, it doesn't have much of a TV presence compared to BBC. PBS is primarily a radio medium in this country. Second, it's fairly politically biased towards the liberal end of the spectrum, which is OK by me but not by many of my fellow Americans. The US is not a country that likes any government funded "anything" so the amount of money pumped into the PBS system is minimal compared to the BBC budget.

On the topic of Breaking Bad... Clearly one of the best shows ever to appear on television. It's a close call for me between The Wire and Breaking Bad as to who takes 1st place in that competition.

 

I misunderstood...I find PBS to be an absolute lifesaver for the intellect! Programs like "Frontline," "POV," and "The American Experience" should be required viewing for everyone. I do disagree with the comment above that PBS is politically biased. I realize that this doesn't reflect the personal feelings of the poster. Only the most politically conservative, and ironically the most loyal viewers of Fox "News," (which is the virtual propaganda wing of the Republican Party...) would sincerely consider PBS to be politically biased. For the most part, these are also the people that would begrudge the government funding to PBS. (a fairly small portion of their budget...). I also find NPR (PBS' Radio division) to be (except for a few satellite radio stations...) the only thing worth listening to on the radio. I'm not generally considered to be a 'liberal," but I guess "moderate" is looking liberal these days...

 

Back to "Breaking Bad..." What a great picture!

 


Edited by DLeeWebb - 10/6/13 at 6:22pm
post #479 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde View Post

 It's a close call for me between The Wire and Breaking Bad as to who takes 1st place in that competition.

It is a tough one. Whilst I find Breaking Bad to be more entertaining to watch, I'd have to give top spot to The Wire for having the greatest sense of depth and realism in portraying societal issues that promote and maintain drug problems. In the Wire there are no clear 'good' and 'bad' guys, every character has at least some good and some bad traits/ behaviours (in varying degrees of course). 

 

PS: 'Treme' is also awesome. Also by the creator of The Wire.

post #480 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Over My Head View Post

It is a tough one. Whilst I find Breaking Bad to be more entertaining to watch, I'd have to give top spot to The Wire for having the greatest sense of depth and realism in portraying societal issues that promote and maintain drug problems. In the Wire there are no clear 'good' and 'bad' guys, every character has at least some good and some bad traits/ behaviours (in varying degrees of course). 

PS: 'Treme' is also awesome. Also by the creator of The Wire.

Treme is very good. It doesn't capture the raw emotion of The Wire, but I'll take any day over 90% of the crap on TV.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?