Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC? - Page 22

post #316 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Oh man I'm goin nuts waiting for Sunday. A full on firefight between a bunch of rednecks and two DEA officers with Jesse and Walt in the middle? One of the most intense moments on TV. 

 

If you guys are looking for a new show to watch, Hannibal is GREAT too

 

 

Hey Chris, if you can, put a spoiler on it so we don't spoil it for those who have yet to watch it:)

 

But yes, I am on the same boat as you! Can't wait for the next episode! 

 

Oh, and not only that, I'm also a big fan of the show, Hannibal too! One hell of an intense show!

 

:beerchug:


Edited by SkyBleu - 9/11/13 at 4:07am
post #317 of 511

Dean Norris Picture

Dean Norris, I never liked him in Breaking bad and I even hate him more in "Under the dome"

I've still got to start watching Hannibal.

post #318 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrainferno View Post
 

Dean Norris Picture

Dean Norris, I never liked him in Breaking bad and I even hate him more in "Under the dome"

I've still got to start watching Hannibal.

 

Hannibal is where it's at! Only the first season has been made so far, and the second season has only started production a few days ago. The show was supposed to be axed, but then they realised its popularity and the fact that it kicked arse.

post #319 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

Hannibal is where it's at! Only the first season has been made so far, and the second season has only started production a few days ago. The show was supposed to be axed, but then they realised its popularity and the fact that it kicked arse.

 

Hannibal is actually my favorite show. That being said I haven't tried Dexter. 

 

"Last Resort" was also my favorite show that got canned after one season :(

post #320 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

 

Hannibal is actually my favorite show. That being said I haven't tried Dexter. 

 

"Last Resort" was also my favorite show that got canned after one season :(

 

Hannibal really grew on me over those 13 episodes. It really did. And for some odd reason, near the end of the season, around episode 10 onwards, I kinda felt like I was "in-the-moment". Whacky stuff, haha. :p

 

I haven't watched "Last Resort", but judging from your taste in shows, much similar to mine, I'd probably enjoy that show, also!

post #321 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

Hannibal really grew on me over those 13 episodes. It really did. And for some odd reason, near the end of the season, around episode 10 onwards, I kinda felt like I was "in-the-moment". Whacky stuff, haha. :p

 

I haven't watched "Last Resort", but judging from your taste in shows, much similar to mine, I'd probably enjoy that show, also!

 

Well you have to understand I'm a massive fan of Casino Royale so basically I watched the show purely for Hannibal's actor.

 

Last Resort is an action drama lol. Sort of like Lost meets 24.. except I consider Lost really bad for some reason.

post #322 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

 

Well you have to understand I'm a massive fan of Casino Royale so basically I watched the show purely for Hannibal's actor.

 

Last Resort is an action drama lol. Sort of like Lost meets 24.. except I consider Lost really bad for some reason.

 

Ah, I may not be coming from the same reason as you are, but I do enjoy watching Madz in action in Hannibal!

 

Lol..."Last Resort" sounds okay, but I was never really a fan of Lost. 

 

I'm currently watching "Suits" if that ever happens to fall under a category that works in your favour:) I was a fan of "The Walking Dead", but they really let me down with season 2/3, as it was just long and boring..AMC kinda just shot themselves in the knee on that note. 

post #323 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyBleu View Post
 

 

Ah, I may not be coming from the same reason as you are, but I do enjoy watching Madz in action in Hannibal!

 

Lol..."Last Resort" sounds okay, but I was never really a fan of Lost. 

 

I'm currently watching "Suits" if that ever happens to fall under a category that works in your favour:) I was a fan of "The Walking Dead", but they really let me down with season 2/3, as it was just long and boring..AMC kinda just shot themselves in the knee on that note. 

 

I'm partially braindead from enduring first Lori, and then subsequently Andrea. I'm basically programmed to hate strong female roles that do more talking than doing. For instance there is not an entity I have ever hated in film or television more than I loathe Walt's wife. However I am not sexist as I love Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica big time, Chloe from 24, and Aria from Game of Thrones just to name a few.

 

The worst show I'm watching right now is Sons of Anarchy season 5. I don't think I can watch another episode. I'm resorting to anime til Sunday. Currently on "Attack on Titan".

post #324 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

 

I'm partially braindead from enduring first Lori, and then subsequently Andrea. I'm basically programmed to hate strong female roles that do more talking than doing. For instance there is not an entity I have ever hated in film or television more than I loathe Walt's wife. However I am not sexist as I love Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica big time, Chloe from 24, and Aria from Game of Thrones just to name a few.

 

The worst show I'm watching right now is Sons of Anarchy season 5. I don't think I can watch another episode. I'm resorting to anime til Sunday. Currently on "Attack on Titan".

Yeah, I'm with you all the way on the hate train against AMC's wife characters. It appears that each wife/main woman of an AMC show, they must make it so the viewers will hate them. It's been that way with that other AMC show as well, Mad Men.

 

I, too, would not say I am sexist, but AMC make it appear this way.

 

Sons of Anarchy..I was supposed to start that, but never got around to it, as well..."bikie" shows were never really my thing. If I was one to be interested in Anime, I'd be on watching many series already, but sadly, that was the old me. I'm all about Breaking Bad and Suits and Hannibal nowadays to care about anything else. Oh, and I forgot...audio took a big toll on me, hence why I have less time for this and that. It's time to call it quits for me.

post #325 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

I'm partially braindead from enduring first Lori, and then subsequently Andrea. I'm basically programmed to hate strong female roles that do more talking than doing. For instance there is not an entity I have ever hated in film or television more than I loathe Walt's wife. However I am not sexist as I love Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica big time, Chloe from 24, and Aria from Game of Thrones just to name a few.

The worst show I'm watching right now is Sons of Anarchy season 5. I don't think I can watch another episode. I'm resorting to anime til Sunday. Currently on "Attack on Titan".


Skyler is as unlikeable as they come. My friend theorizes that she is to blame for holding Walt back: telling him to sell his shares of Gray Matter, forcing him to take a second job at the car wash, ad infinitum. To top it off, Skyler is a textbook example of passive-aggressiveness. I shared my reasons for disliking Skyler above (looks and acts just like my ex-wife), but the dislike for her is ubiquitous because she's so passive--aggressive and manipulative. I did NOT like the way she used the children against Walt so she could get her way. People who do this are typically out of viable excuses and are resorting to extortion (by means of appealing to mutual emotional attachments). In other words: she plays dirtier than Walt does. Great acting by Ms. Gunn though!
post #326 of 511

Poor Anna Gunn has received death threats over the role. Guys if she's pissing you off, it's her delivery of the script that would do it, via ACTING. I appreciate that given a frustrating and not very flattering role as the crappy detached wife who meddles in affairs beyond her control, she still delivers powerful lines from time to time.

 

Oh man I actually blew a gasket when she gave money to silence her old boss. Thank goodness he got what was coming though near the end of that season.

 

I'm lucky there is a thread on my favorite forum about one of my favorite shows haha

post #327 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post

Poor Anna Gunn has received death threats over the role. Guys if she's pissing you off, it's her delivery of the script that would do it, via ACTING. I appreciate that given a frustrating and not very flattering role as the crappy detached wife who meddles in affairs beyond her control, she still delivers powerful lines from time to time.

Oh man I actually blew a gasket when she gave money to silence her old boss. Thank goodness he got what was coming though near the end of that season.

I'm lucky there is a thread on my favorite forum about one of my favorite shows haha

Yeah, I hate her as a character, but I never hate an actor. To me, if they can convince me to hate them, then they are doing a brilliant job at acting.

Haha, Ted..I remember Skyler's famous lines, in which she said them to Walt. "I ______ Ted." I'm sure you guys are capable of filling in one of my favourite one-liners in Breaking Bad.

Chris, wanna do the honours for a Hannibal thread? smily_headphones1.gif
post #328 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Himself View Post
 

Poor Anna Gunn has received death threats over the role. Guys if she's pissing you off, it's her delivery of the script that would do it, via ACTING. I appreciate that given a frustrating and not very flattering role as the crappy detached wife who meddles in affairs beyond her control, she still delivers powerful lines from time to time.

 

Oh man I actually blew a gasket when she gave money to silence her old boss. Thank goodness he got what was coming though near the end of that season.

 

I'm lucky there is a thread on my favorite forum about one of my favorite shows haha

 

Yeah, she's a very good actress. To your point, it's because she's made Skyler so believable. Betsy Brandt, on the other hand, doesn't really do it for me, and probably the weakest actor of the bunch. True, her role is to play a flippant, aloof kleptomaniac, but I got more of a "good actor" vibe from the guy whose head was smashed in by the ATM machine.

 

It's unfortunate that other people despise Ms. Gunn for acting so well. She's NOT Skyler! I'm sure celebrities hate that crap to no end.

post #329 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJ1973 View Post

Yeah, she's a very good actress. To your point, it's because she's made Skyler so believable. Betsy Brandt, on the other hand, doesn't really do it for me, and probably the weakest actor of the bunch. True, her role is to play a flippant, aloof kleptomaniac, but I got more of a "good actor" vibe from the guy whose head was smashed in by the ATM machine.

It's unfortunate that other people despise Ms. Gunn for acting so well. She's NOT Skyler! I'm sure celebrities hate that crap to no end.

Haha, I remember that episode. "I ain't no skank" and BAM his head is gone. And that poor kid, how does he keep up with parents like these.
post #330 of 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJ1973 View Post
Yeah, she's a very good actress. To your point, it's because she's made Skyler so believable. Betsy Brandt, on the other hand, doesn't really do it for me, and probably the weakest actor of the bunch. True, her role is to play a flippant, aloof kleptomaniac, but I got more of a "good actor" vibe from the guy whose head was smashed in by the ATM machine.

It's unfortunate that other people despise Ms. Gunn for acting so well. She's NOT Skyler! I'm sure celebrities hate that crap to no end.

+1 on that opinion...Skyler has been frustrating. "Breaking Bad," first and foremost, is about transformation and Skyler has transformed with the rest of the cast. However, Anna Gunn has been an excellent actress throughout!

 

I'll swim against the current here and say that I was a little disappointed in the last episode. Honestly, any episode of "Breaking Bad" beats anything else out there, but given that there are only three episodes remaining, I thought that there would be more forward progress with regard to the story. Maybe I'm just getting a little anxious about how all of this is going to end and my expectations of this fine show have become unrealistic. The ending of the last episode was epic though, talk about a cliffhanger! You guys were talking about "Hannibal," which I abandoned after two episodes. I might have been a little hasty with that decision. However, "Homeland," "The Walking Dead," and in January, "House Of Cards" are coming back. If you guys have not checked-out these shows, you need to do that! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Anybody watching Breaking Bad on AMC?