Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread - Page 18

post #256 of 1528
i thought this was a review/comparison thread...
post #257 of 1528
Todd just replied to me saying..
"You'll be getting an HF-2

Todd"
Pretty simple, but it got the message across. I'm happy again!
post #258 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechungster View Post
Todd just replied to me saying..
"You'll be getting an HF-2

Todd"
Pretty simple, but it got the message across. I'm happy again!
congrats! glad you made the cutoff.
post #259 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile View Post
i thought this was a review/comparison thread...
Well, it was, but the original "discussion" thread got closed for a couple of days when the F1 issue first reared it's head, and some people went ballistic in it.

Since then, it's been kind of a free-for-all.
post #260 of 1528

my thoughts on the HF-2's compared to my MS-1's

I just got my HF-2s yesterday and the already sound better than my MS-1s. The HF-2s are also sound just as exciting as my dad's old Edition 9s. The HF-2s sounded best with the bowls because it made them sound more spacious and real. The comfys made them feel closed and compressed, but the ms-1s sounded best with the comfys because the bowls made it sound like i had covered the cups with my hands while using the comfies. But the comfys made it sound like i was not covering the cups. the HF-2s had better bass, percussion, and strings and the ms-1s had clearer (closer to you) treble and were better with xylophone. When i covered the cups of the HF-2s with my hands it still sound better then ms-1s with the c-pads on the millett starving student.
post #261 of 1528
To those of you who recently ordered and are worried about being on a wait list - Todd just posted on his sponsor forum (at 4:12 eastern) that everyone who ordered will get one and that from now on they will be on a wait list
post #262 of 1528
Well done old chap!
post #263 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadFanatic View Post
I just got my HF-2s yesterday and the already sound better than my MS-1s. The HF-2s are also sound just as exciting as my dad's old Edition 9s. The HF-2s sounded best with the bowls because it made them sound more spacious and real. The comfys made them feel closed and compressed, but the ms-1s sounded best with the comfys because the bowls made it sound like i had covered the cups with my hands while using the comfies. But the comfys made it sound like i was not covering the cups. the HF-2s had better bass, percussion, and strings and the ms-1s had clearer (closer to you) treble and were better with xylophone. When i covered the cups of the HF-2s with my hands it still sound better then ms-1s with the c-pads on the millett starving student.
Hey, HeadphoneAddict's son's first review! Not too bad for an 11 yr old but we'll expect more and better from you in the future! Someone has to take over my job when I'm gone.
post #264 of 1528
Haahaha theres a mini headphoneaddict! Excellent!
post #265 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Hey, HeadphoneAddict's son's first review! Not too bad for an 11 yr old but we'll expect more and better from you in the future! Someone has to take over my job when I'm gone.
That is a nice review by HA-2
post #266 of 1528
Most auspicious. I wish I'd had an HF-2 and MS-1 when I was 11...
post #267 of 1528
Hey Larry. Is it "my dad's old edition 9"s, or my old dad's edition 9's?

Great first review for the mini-addict!
post #268 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristos_achaion View Post
Most auspicious. I wish I'd had an HF-2 and MS-1 when I was 11...
I was thinking something similar. Good on ya, HA-mini!
post #269 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by aristos_achaion View Post
Most auspicious. I wish I'd had an HF-2 and MS-1 when I was 11...
He had to give me his SR-Lambda and MS-1 to pay for the HF-2, but I'm letting him borrow those for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post
Hey Larry. Is it "my dad's old edition 9"s, or my old dad's edition 9's?

Great first review for the mini-addict!
Both - old dad, old as in "gone" Edition 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclesand View Post
I was thinking something similar. Good on ya, HA-mini!
He is the only 1 of my 3 kids that are audiophiles. My wife says it's because he looks up to me and wants to have things in common (i.e. my mini-me), but I know it's just because he likes good sound and he thinks I yell too much.
post #270 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Hey, HeadphoneAddict's son's first review! Not too bad for an 11 yr old but we'll expect more and better from you in the future! Someone has to take over my job when I'm gone.
Congrats, HeadphoneAddict. HeadFanatic's precocious for an 11-year-old. At this rate, he'll have your job in another year or so. Nice play with rhyme in his name. They sound alike if you say it quickly. Did he come up with it? As a father, you're fortunate. My kids have zero interest in my hobby. They think I'm nuts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread