Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread - Page 2

post #16 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensound View Post
Nope. Not a bit. The rs1 I was comparing it to is more fatigueing. The hf2 sound more balanced. Listening to jimmy eat world, the rs1 emphasized the guitar to the point it was overwhelming the other instruments. The hf2 present all the instruments more equally. It also had a larger sound stage compared to the rs1. I'm trying them on another setup at can jam now. If you were worried the bass is lacking as in the sr125, don't be. The baseline is present.
un-grado like eh? that is good and very interesting news. keep the impressions coming.
post #17 of 1528
sounds like I should buy it instead of RS1
post #18 of 1528
Never heard the ms series. So I can't comment. My gf who could care less for headphones finds the hf2 "sounds right" compared to the gs1000.
post #19 of 1528
brokensound did you listen with bowls or flats?
post #20 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile View Post
un-grado like eh? that is good and very interesting news. keep the impressions coming.
Very true. I despise pretty much all grado cans, but found the HF2s quite listenable. Nice actually- I was surprised.
post #21 of 1528
Ahhhhhh! Do we have any impressions from someone who has owned top-end grado's before today?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any and all feedback about these, but to be honest, if the first time you've heard an RS-1 is today, then I think it would be very difficult to give a meaningful comparison-

Not trying to sound critical, just wondering if there is anyone out there with more experience with higher end grado's that has some impressions to relay...
post #22 of 1528
ps1000's brother?
post #23 of 1528
yes those familiar with Rs-1, GS1000, PS-1, HP-1, HF-1, 325 sound info is what we need here? Grado Learned ears
post #24 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoYouRight View Post
yes those familiar with Rs-1, GS1000, PS-1, HP-1, HF-1, 325 sound info is what we need here? Grado Learned ears
Yup. It's gonna be very hard for someone without that kind of experience of the Grado lineup to be able to pick out meaningful differences under meet conditions.

I think there's a good chance we're going to have to wait until these things start shipping.
post #25 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_jones View Post
Ahhhhhh! Do we have any impressions from someone who has owned top-end grado's before today?
FWIW, I've heard numerous other grado models, including their high end stuff. Owned them? Never. I've dislike everyone I've heard until the HF2.
post #26 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniordingdong View Post
FWIW, I've heard numerous other grado models, including their high end stuff. Owned them? Never. I've dislike everyone I've heard until the HF2.
Have you heard grados with flat pads before? Because I hear the HF2 Todd had was with flats, and flats alone change the sound of grados more than the difference between models. In other words, any grado with flats will sound much more balanced and natural than any grado with bowls, and that seems to be what people are saying so far...

ps. thanks for the first impressions!
post #27 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmdevils View Post
Have you heard grados with flat pads before? Because I hear the HF2 Todd had was with flats, and flats alone change the sound of grados more than the difference between models. In other words, any grado with flats will sound much more balanced and natural than any grado with bowls, and that seems to be what people are saying so far...

ps. thanks for the first impressions!
Yes I have heard grados with flats, and I have usually preferred them that way. But the HF2s are quite different to my ears.
post #28 of 1528
How do they sound compared to other, non grado, neutral cans?
post #29 of 1528
I was kinda hoping Jude would write something up.
post #30 of 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensound View Post
Wooden housing with an outer metal case. Sounds more neutral than the rs1. The sound is very unGrado. A baby ps1000 is a fairly accurate statement. This is from listen at ttvj booth at can jam.
So you like the RS-1i more than the HF-2?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Grado HF-2 Review/Comparison Thread