I really like my HD800 and its one of the earlier ones. I think the SN is in the 600's somewhere. No mods made the HD800 better to my ears without sacrificing something else. The HD800 as it is is my best headphone and sounds great
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Cheapest Price for Brand New Sennheiser phones? Last post on 1/14/13 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 10:16 am in Headphones (full-size)
- 2 silver sennheiser HD800 upgrade cable one has to go Last post on 12/22/11 at 8:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- sennheiser hd 800 vs hd 598 Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 436
Gear mentioned in this thread:
*Paid lots of money for a high-end statement headphone*
*Listens, hears brightness. Gets graph, shows peak.*
*Sennheiser fixes the "issue"*
*I, and other earlier buyers are not offered a replacement*
I like you, Sennheiser. My Momentum has become one of my most beloved items. But this is not cool, IMHO.
Unfortunately, the scale of measurement is hardly indicative of anything. My graph does not have the 6khz spike on it visually; but it does have it audibly.
In fact, all HD800's have the spike, and the variance in SQ between one S.N to another is very negligible. It's the only small drawback on what is one of the most accurate headphones you can buy; and it's correctable.
Well, I think that the treble boost of the hd800 is part of the "exciting sound"
and that taming it too much can make the sound uninvolving; so if you experience some fatigue, it's about finding the right amount of taming (with eq, or what some call "source synergy").
Did the both of you try out all of Anax's mods?
I surly will, If that one sound any better I'm all for it. I know a guy in Dayton that does the mod. So I'll wait until he does his. If it's right, I'll ask him to do mine as well.
I have as well. I tried it for a week and in the end I removed it. Although around the same time I replaced the pads on my HD800 which made a bigger difference to the sound since my pads were pretty worn out by then.
Yea, I did as well. I'm probably one of those referenced per "idiot proof".
I can't cut in a straight line to save my life...
I'm hoping the RD 2.0 mod will allow me to finally try out the HD800 once again.
I tried the Anax mod (and other ones) as well. I came to same conclusion as paradoxper and preproman. It improves some things at the expense of others. I ended up reverting back to stock form every time.
There is no one mod/cable/source change/amp change/human sacrifice to appease the pagan gods for the HD800 that will magically satiate all the disparate tastes in audio. For that matter, there's no one headphone that will do that, even with EQ.
The "I like/I don't like/it's hard to do right/are you saying I don't know how to cut foam/I don't know how to answer that without insulting you/then you're insulting me, it's a duel to the death/why do you have a power snake in your pocket/I'm just excited to fight you over audio/that's just weird I'm going to slowly back away" argument is tired and misses the crux of the issue - people have different tastes and priorities.
- Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 37 seconds ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 56 seconds ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR1-ABT Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM 6 minutes ago
- › The Ruizu X02 DAP thread 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...