I really like my HD800 and its one of the earlier ones. I think the SN is in the 600's somewhere. No mods made the HD800 better to my ears without sacrificing something else. The HD800 as it is is my best headphone and sounds great
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Cheapest Price for Brand New Sennheiser phones? Last post on 1/14/13 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread Last post on Today at 4:33 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2 silver sennheiser HD800 upgrade cable one has to go Last post on 12/22/11 at 8:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- sennheiser hd 800 vs hd 598 Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Acknowledgment Thanks 1MORE UK for providing this review sample in return for my honest opinion.IntroductionI heard about 1MORE from a fellow HeadFier, @canali, who told me I should check out the...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 436
Gear mentioned in this thread:
*Paid lots of money for a high-end statement headphone*
*Listens, hears brightness. Gets graph, shows peak.*
*Sennheiser fixes the "issue"*
*I, and other earlier buyers are not offered a replacement*
I like you, Sennheiser. My Momentum has become one of my most beloved items. But this is not cool, IMHO.
Unfortunately, the scale of measurement is hardly indicative of anything. My graph does not have the 6khz spike on it visually; but it does have it audibly.
In fact, all HD800's have the spike, and the variance in SQ between one S.N to another is very negligible. It's the only small drawback on what is one of the most accurate headphones you can buy; and it's correctable.
Well, I think that the treble boost of the hd800 is part of the "exciting sound"
and that taming it too much can make the sound uninvolving; so if you experience some fatigue, it's about finding the right amount of taming (with eq, or what some call "source synergy").
Did the both of you try out all of Anax's mods?
I surly will, If that one sound any better I'm all for it. I know a guy in Dayton that does the mod. So I'll wait until he does his. If it's right, I'll ask him to do mine as well.
I have as well. I tried it for a week and in the end I removed it. Although around the same time I replaced the pads on my HD800 which made a bigger difference to the sound since my pads were pretty worn out by then.
Yea, I did as well. I'm probably one of those referenced per "idiot proof".
I can't cut in a straight line to save my life...
I'm hoping the RD 2.0 mod will allow me to finally try out the HD800 once again.
I tried the Anax mod (and other ones) as well. I came to same conclusion as paradoxper and preproman. It improves some things at the expense of others. I ended up reverting back to stock form every time.
There is no one mod/cable/source change/amp change/human sacrifice to appease the pagan gods for the HD800 that will magically satiate all the disparate tastes in audio. For that matter, there's no one headphone that will do that, even with EQ.
The "I like/I don't like/it's hard to do right/are you saying I don't know how to cut foam/I don't know how to answer that without insulting you/then you're insulting me, it's a duel to the death/why do you have a power snake in your pocket/I'm just excited to fight you over audio/that's just weird I'm going to slowly back away" argument is tired and misses the crux of the issue - people have different tastes and priorities.
- Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 39 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohm for gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Pictures Of Your High End System II (Same Rules Apply) 1 minute ago
- › Westone W80 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Comfortable IEM for laptop with onboard sound 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 3 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...