I really like my HD800 and its one of the earlier ones. I think the SN is in the 600's somewhere. No mods made the HD800 better to my ears without sacrificing something else. The HD800 as it is is my best headphone and sounds great
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on 8/9/14 at 2:55am in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- Cheapest Price for Brand New Sennheiser phones? Last post on 1/14/13 at 8:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread Last post on 3/20/17 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2 silver sennheiser HD800 upgrade cable one has to go Last post on 12/22/11 at 8:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- sennheiser hd 800 vs hd 598 Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
A funny thing had happened the last time I visited Schiit Audio's offices and factory/warehouse. When we entered, what had previously been a storage or dumping room -- I don't remember, had become...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
I was surprised to see only a single review for this player, so figured I'd throw my hat into the ring. I owned this player for about a year until it was stolen (along with an entire...
I have had the opportunity to review a few inexpensive MP3 players recently and have generally been quite impressed with many of them as they clearly appear to put sound quality before pretty much...
WHAT MAKES THESE TUBE AMPS SPECIAL?Okay, so every audiophile or audio enthusiast I've met wants one of these and there is certainly a reason for it. Besides the fact that this thing just sounds...
Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 436
Gear mentioned in this thread:
*Paid lots of money for a high-end statement headphone*
*Listens, hears brightness. Gets graph, shows peak.*
*Sennheiser fixes the "issue"*
*I, and other earlier buyers are not offered a replacement*
I like you, Sennheiser. My Momentum has become one of my most beloved items. But this is not cool, IMHO.
Unfortunately, the scale of measurement is hardly indicative of anything. My graph does not have the 6khz spike on it visually; but it does have it audibly.
In fact, all HD800's have the spike, and the variance in SQ between one S.N to another is very negligible. It's the only small drawback on what is one of the most accurate headphones you can buy; and it's correctable.
Well, I think that the treble boost of the hd800 is part of the "exciting sound"
and that taming it too much can make the sound uninvolving; so if you experience some fatigue, it's about finding the right amount of taming (with eq, or what some call "source synergy").
Did the both of you try out all of Anax's mods?
I surly will, If that one sound any better I'm all for it. I know a guy in Dayton that does the mod. So I'll wait until he does his. If it's right, I'll ask him to do mine as well.
I have as well. I tried it for a week and in the end I removed it. Although around the same time I replaced the pads on my HD800 which made a bigger difference to the sound since my pads were pretty worn out by then.
Yea, I did as well. I'm probably one of those referenced per "idiot proof".
I can't cut in a straight line to save my life...
I'm hoping the RD 2.0 mod will allow me to finally try out the HD800 once again.
I tried the Anax mod (and other ones) as well. I came to same conclusion as paradoxper and preproman. It improves some things at the expense of others. I ended up reverting back to stock form every time.
There is no one mod/cable/source change/amp change/human sacrifice to appease the pagan gods for the HD800 that will magically satiate all the disparate tastes in audio. For that matter, there's no one headphone that will do that, even with EQ.
The "I like/I don't like/it's hard to do right/are you saying I don't know how to cut foam/I don't know how to answer that without insulting you/then you're insulting me, it's a duel to the death/why do you have a power snake in your pocket/I'm just excited to fight you over audio/that's just weird I'm going to slowly back away" argument is tired and misses the crux of the issue - people have different tastes and priorities.
- Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 32 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 59 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 59 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation for 5hz frequency response headphones? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Darkvoice 336SE by SOULSIK
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by B9Scrambler
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by OSiRiSsk
- › Brainwavz Jive by ezekiel77
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by Cinder
- › Noble Audio Dulce Bass UIEM by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear