- 8,118 Posts. Joined 12/2002
- Location: OKC
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 700 Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:18 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- 2 silver sennheiser HD800 upgrade cable one has to go Last post on 12/22/11 at 8:38am in Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories For Sale / Trade
- sennheiser hd 800 vs hd 598 Last post on 12/12/11 at 9:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- WTS: HD650 w/ SilverDragon V3, Beyer DT990, AKG K701 - NEW PRICES 11/1311 Last post on 11/20/11 at 6:34pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Bought HD598, was dissapointed BUT... (updated impression after 5-10h~ish of use) Last post on 6/23/12 at 8:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread - Page 432post #6466 of 66001/31/13 at 6:34pmUsing solid core silver balanced cable with my HD800. Don't have anything to compare with it but it sounds nice. Only other cable I have is the stock unbalanced which I believe is SPC?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6467 of 66001/31/13 at 7:00pmQuote:Originally Posted by Shahrose
Only 25 hours on the TH900 and they're already changing for the better. Great cans, and spectacularly good for closed ones. I take back the low-volume listening comment...they're good at high volumes too. They play in the same league as the 800 and HE6 (though the 800s are still my favourite).
As for the HD800 cables, people need to realize not all cables are created equal. The previous DHC flagship solid core cryo UPOCC silver was easily trumped by the new rectangular silver flagship that DHC replaced them with. Smoother, more natural, bigger soundstage and slightly better bass weight.
Moon Audio's Silver Dragon V3 is pretty good, but not quite at RS' level. Watch out for low quality silver from others who sell for cheap...it can make the sound dry and harsh.
Also, just to clarify, with some of my setups, copper does sound more pleasing. That's why I keep both.
The TH900s overtook my HD800s as my favorite dynamic canpost #6468 of 66001/31/13 at 8:35pmQuote:
Yea better than stock (SPC) and most copper cables IMO.
Won't be happening for me :)post #6469 of 66001/31/13 at 10:49pmpost #6470 of 66001/31/13 at 10:58pmpost #6471 of 66002/1/13 at 12:45ampost #6472 of 66002/1/13 at 12:47ampost #6473 of 66002/1/13 at 10:50am
What I find amazing about the HD800 is what it can resolve. When I want to hear what really on a complex recording I switch from my At3000 to the HD800. The complexity of the recording plus details in the recordings and more import the gear coming from the hD800 is really iMO not equaled by any other headphone I have owned or heard. I cant think of a better headphone to really use to see what a piece of gear can do. I am so glad that I drank the Koolaid on my second tine around with the HD800. It is really let me hear how good the V200 is as an amplifier and the complexity of Patricia Barber new album SMASH. The music can be complex and the HD800 resolves every nuance in the recording and the V200 let me hear it all.post #6474 of 66002/1/13 at 11:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Frank I
What I find amazing about the HD800 is what it can resolve. When I want to hear what really on a complex recording I switch from my At3000 to the HD800. The complexity of the recording plus details in the recordings and more import the gear coming from the hD800 is really iMO not equaled by any other headphone I have owned or heard. I cant think of a better headphone to really use to see what a piece of gear can do. I am so glad that I drank the Koolaid on my second tine around with the HD800. It is really let me hear how good the V200 is as an amplifier and the complexity of Patricia Barber new album SMASH. The music can be complex and the HD800 resolves every nuance in the recording and the V200 let me hear it all.
Yea, I've seen a lot of people move on to other cans only to come back to the 800s. Luckily, I knew from the get go these were better than the rest...that opinion has never changed.
I can understand why though. The 800s require time, patience and money to sound their best. I knew many who expected them to impress plugging them into lower end or poorly matched equipment.post #6475 of 66002/1/13 at 11:55am
I also think I had too many cans the first time I owned them. This time I only have two top tier headphones and the hD800 gets lots of time. Last time I had everything here. I am now down too two top tier and then everything else,. I know Shay you were always a huge fan of the hD800. I am too now and have not even thoght of replacing these since i have had them. These are what I like to use for reviews and trying new gear.post #6476 of 66002/1/13 at 1:44pmQuote:
I used them with a Essence ST and a Yulong U100. Although it's so called low end gear the HD 800s sounded fantastic from the start on to my ears.
I bought a Violectric V800/V200 stack and they're still going strong. :)post #6477 of 66002/2/13 at 8:06ampost #6478 of 66002/2/13 at 9:19ampost #6479 of 66002/2/13 at 10:46ampost #6480 of 66002/2/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
I tried my HD800 with E09K + HRT MSII. It sounds too harsh...couldn't listen to it. My WA6SE came home and made night and day different on HD800.
But I still refer D7000 for vocal musics...more softer high-mid and treble with more bass punch. But HD800 kicks asses with classical musics though!
This thread is locked
- Sennheiser HD800 Appreciation Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Looking to get a nice audio setup for my gaming rig - need some... 50 seconds ago
- › New Graphene Driver being developed by MIT. 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › Stereo imaging and headphone: Have we been underestimating our... 2 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 3 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 5 minutes ago
- › Comparisons: 15 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 6 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude